attitude of malaysian racers and marshalls

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
this weekend i saw quite a few cars blowing up their their engines and continuing through all the way to the pits! in the process they lay their engine oil all over the track and spoiling other ppls race. in one case a car blew its engine on the front straight and and lay a somkescreen so thick that i cant even see a metre in front of me!

really embarrased to see the japanese ppl seeing us so unprofessional... no make it uncivilised.

what really maddens me is that some of the marshalls are so stupid. when a car blew up they dont even bother to put up yellow flags to warn other racers. how did they choose this guys? are these guys sign up just to watch the superGT free? why cant they take ppl from car clubs like in UK, where their marshalls are very passionate on what they do??

well in that case i do think that maybe the racers rather go round into the pits than pulling by just to see the marshalls doing nothing to extinguish his burning car...

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
thats what you see from outside......
you dunno what is happening in the inside...

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
yes...but im not the course marshall.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
It was quite a sad weekend for me and my friends to see the attitude and the unprofessionalism of local Malaysian racers. We were in the MSS, and on the heat 2 race, 1 st lap, as usual everyone charges into corners and try their best to squeeze through everyone within reasonable limits and capability.

Then when there was about five cars approaching turn 4, and we being the 2nd car in the pack followed very closely within each other through racing line and as we approach the apex of the corner, we saw a very inconsiderate driver of a white EK dashing through the inside of the corner with the car literally over the curb and grass aiming his car right at our doors. As there were no place for us to swerve as there are cars on our left as well. The driver used our car as a barrier and we spunt causing two other cars to collide with serious front and back damage.

My car had both my side dented badly with broken rear arms and a damaged front driveshafts. Total damage expected to be about 3k.

If it was a pure race accident, we wouldn't had been so upset. But seeing that it was a pure misconduct and dangerous driving was very sick and sad for the motorsport scene.

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
GT20v said:
thats what you see from outside......
you dunno what is happening in the inside...

GT20v said:
yes...but im not the course marshall.

so you are in the "inside" eh? so care to enlighten to us all on what the inside situation is all about? BTW you can say that i'm not an insider or an outsider but in the middle lah...

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
chris2000 said:
It was quite a sad weekend for me and my friends to see the attitude and the unprofessionalism of local Malaysian racers. We were in the MSS, and on the heat 2 race, 1 st lap, as usual everyone charges into corners and try their best to squeeze through everyone within reasonable limits and capability.

Then when there was about five cars approaching turn 4, and we being the 2nd car in the pack followed very closely within each other through racing line and as we approach the apex of the corner, we saw a very inconsiderate driver of a white EK dashing through the inside of the corner with the car literally over the curb and grass aiming his car right at our doors. As there were no place for us to swerve as there are cars on our left as well. The driver used our car as a barrier and we spunt causing two other cars to collide with serious front and back damage.

My car had both my side dented badly with broken rear arms and a damaged front driveshafts. Total damage expected to be about 3k.

If it was a pure race accident, we wouldn't had been so upset. But seeing that it was a pure misconduct and dangerous driving was very sick and sad for the motorsport scene.

so r u the driver of the yellow WALD EK ? if so sorry to see your car in such a bad shape...

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
alexz said:
so r u the driver of the yellow WALD EK ? if so sorry to see your car in such a bad shape...
The yellow EK was behind our car. When we were bang on the right side of the car at the apex of the corner our car went side ways, yellow EK tried to swerve but got hit real hard from the back and the yellow EK spun as well and hit our car on the left.

As I said, our car had bad damage to both side of car and the yellow EK had very bad rear damage as well as front damage and a Satria had the front badly damage, all this due to one very unconsiderate and unethical local driver of the white Honda Civic EK.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
i guess i should speak up here as one of the main officials of the event.

First and foremost, i am symphatetic to the owner of the DC2 who got whacked up at turn 4. we saw the event and in an unbiased comment, you have the right to be angry. tough this is a purely racing incident with racers eager to overtake. i wonder how the protest went as it's the steward's decision. unfortunately due to one racer who spun out at the exit of turn 4 (who is he, you racers should know...i dont want to name names here as it's in turn 4 LAP 1) there was chaos out there, and the incident was right at our CCTV's blindspot.

Alexz,
i cant comment on your remarks as i am not the ones who chose nor the one who are in charge of the marshalls. what i can comment is that the track has no oil leaks whatsoever, and can be confirmed with all the track marshalls present that day.

if the racers wants to go to the pits while his engine blew up, what can the marshalls do? the only thing the marshalls can do is to signal him to stop, which is ON THE DRIVER's sole discresion whether he wants to STOP or not! some local racers do not even care about the instructions given by our marshalls to them. what can the marshalls do?

as a racer, will you know when your engine will blow? what will you do if it is in your shoes? go back to pits? stop by the side?

our marshalls are not highly paid. most of them are old timers, some just for the love of motorsports. it's unfortunate that some bad apples tend to damage all the image of them.

Just to inform you guys some pointers and some dos and dont's about marshalls:

They are not allowed to act without orders from Race Control (after the incident that happened in australian GP 2 years ago.)
They are not allowed to touch an injured rider/driver
They are not allowed to tend to fire as each marshall post has one fireman.
and definately, They are not allowed to cross, be beside the track, and must remain behind armco and barriers at all times.

If they are slow to respond, they could not hear and respond to the walkies to to noise, interference and definately, our orders to stop them first. Their safety first, as drivers have a roll cage to protect themselves. our marshalls?

The japanese officials and administration has high praises on our event and the way we handle situations. they sit in the race control as well watching the event as whatever situation happens. if it is an embarrasment, then they will be the first to shout at us, especially mr kunimitsu takahasi, the GT-a president.

as MK said,
one car club tried to be in F1 as course marshalls. only one event, and never did hear from them again for national events, or international ones. they sweat and toil under the harsh weather for 3 days. who wants to be them?

Well, this is a forum, and it's open with all comments. i am not trying to pick a fight here, just to clarify what the marshall's responsibility and risks they take, and the process of any events that happen in a local and international events held in SIC.

Any questions regarding this matter, i will try to clarify with each of you all.

Regards.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
glad official explain it.hehehe...

its easy to blame the marshall for everything...thats what i meant.
aiih no point to argue....alot of the marshall is ex-racer...

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
MitonCT26 said:
i guess i should speak up here as one of the main officials of the event.

First and foremost, i am symphatetic to the owner of the DC2 who got whacked up at turn 4. we saw the event and in an unbiased comment, you have the right to be angry. tough this is a purely racing incident with racers eager to overtake. i wonder how the protest went as it's the steward's decision. unfortunately due to one racer who spun out at the exit of turn 4 (who is he, you racers should know...i dont want to name names here as it's in turn 4 LAP 1) there was chaos out there, and the incident was right at our CCTV's blindspot.

Alexz,
i cant comment on your remarks as i am not the ones who chose nor the one who are in charge of the marshalls. what i can comment is that the track has no oil leaks whatsoever, and can be confirmed with all the track marshalls present that day.

if the racers wants to go to the pits while his engine blew up, what can the marshalls do? the only thing the marshalls can do is to signal him to stop, which is ON THE DRIVER's sole discresion whether he wants to STOP or not! some local racers do not even care about the instructions given by our marshalls to them. what can the marshalls do?

as a racer, will you know when your engine will blow? what will you do if it is in your shoes? go back to pits? stop by the side?

our marshalls are not highly paid. most of them are old timers, some just for the love of motorsports. it's unfortunate that some bad apples tend to damage all the image of them.

Just to inform you guys some pointers and some dos and dont's about marshalls:

They are not allowed to act without orders from Race Control (after the incident that happened in australian GP 2 years ago.)
They are not allowed to touch an injured rider/driver
They are not allowed to tend to fire as each marshall post has one fireman.
and definately, They are not allowed to cross, be beside the track, and must remain behind armco and barriers at all times.

If they are slow to respond, they could not hear and respond to the walkies to to noise, interference and definately, our orders to stop them first. Their safety first, as drivers have a roll cage to protect themselves. our marshalls?

The japanese officials and administration has high praises on our event and the way we handle situations. they sit in the race control as well watching the event as whatever situation happens. if it is an embarrasment, then they will be the first to shout at us, especially mr kunimitsu takahasi, the GT-a president.

as MK said,
one car club tried to be in F1 as course marshalls. only one event, and never did hear from them again for national events, or international ones. they sweat and toil under the harsh weather for 3 days. who wants to be them?

Well, this is a forum, and it's open with all comments. i am not trying to pick a fight here, just to clarify what the marshall's responsibility and risks they take, and the process of any events that happen in a local and international events held in SIC.

Any questions regarding this matter, i will try to clarify with each of you all.

Regards.
Miton,

I do understand that alot of marshalls are doing it for the love of the motorsport rather than the pay. It is not an easy task for anyone to work under such a harsh enviroment.

I totally agree that all the marshalls could do is to give flags signals to the drivers and its the drivers responsibility to take note and take action. These Post marshalls will also have to note down all incident happen at their post to report in.

We guess averyone are human and none could be perfect. Just want to thank all Marshalls that had sincerely did their best.

As for the turn 4 incident, we know everyone is eager in the corner and having a wheel or two over the apex curb is fine. But to take the apex as a straight line and having all FOUR wheels over the curb and grass was just plain cheat and foul play to us.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
Chris,

Unfortunately due to the 'variables' of events, foul play happens at some part any race around the world. this phenomenon is also happening in other countries which sadly for our local spectators treat it as "the exitement of races".

which is solely why stewards are here in the first place. CCTV is at every nook and cranny of the track. unfortunately when an incident is happening in CCTV's blindspot, we cant see anything. thankfully for our marshalls who are in 44 posts around the full track, reports of incidents will be jot down in a form provided by us, and your incident was well noted down by the boys in post 10 and 11.

We tried our best each event to be as dedicated as possible, and i do admit human errors do happen. want something perfect? hire robots to become marshalls. :D

what we do see in your case is that the white EK was very 'exited' about turn 4 and tried to overtake on the grass. we do see it on camera and further action is unknown as we left it to the stewards to decide. judgement? i think is served, only we do not know what happened as our job is to ensure the whole process of the event is run smoothly, which we managed to do.

frankly, there's much more room for improvement for everyone, be the officials, and the drivers too. with the right attitude, i think we can further improve the standards of national events.

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Miton

Can't sepang F1 management install in car video for every contestant like they did on BTCC ? It will be an added weight, but you guys can make money from them by making VCD :)

CCTV camera + VCR + power supply

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Bazet, as it is SIC is trying to cut costs where ever it can. Sadly motorsports in Malaysia doesn't garner a lot of attention like football does.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi I have a Gen 2 1.3 automatic. Wondering which engine oil brand is most suitable for a 1.3 campro engine. Helix?Syntium?.. Full syn or semi syn oil. Any suggestion or recommendation?? TQ :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience