ATR power window problem

stromplay34

Jul 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi! Bro

my power window (front passenger site) recently get crazy, some time operate normal.
now no event can move.

please advice any ideal to reset the power window.

thank you

PR1MO4130

Nov 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi! Bro

my power window (front passenger site) recently get crazy, some time operate normal.
now no event can move.

please advice any ideal to reset the power window.

thank you
Try to pull the lever and hold it for 5 seconds....do it twice....

That is to reset the whole power window system.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Also, put vinyl / interior protectant along the rubber strip to lubricate. Old rubber rail becomes sticky in our hot and humid weather.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
worse case senario,dismantle the door panel.remove the rubber n put it back.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if you use grease to lubricate the machanism, dont use those cheapo ones.....or they will "cair" and run, esp in the hot weather in malaysia. WD40 wont work either as it is too thin. Recommend you to use lithium grease.

If greasing doesnt work, the rollers/bushing may have stucked, or badly work. Need to open the door card and find the root of the problem.

btw, the problem could be wiring, or connector loose edi?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Do not use WD40 or any engine-based lube. They will melt the rubbers making them sticky. That is why I recomended vinyl protectant in the first place as they're meant to protect rubber/leather.

stromplay34

Jul 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
there is another solution.
just knock the motor. it work as normal.
this was due to carbon problem.

for seen the problem will come back soon. hahaha
just to share..

Airtrek-R

Sep 3, 2012
Penang
i'm also having problems with the rear windows... i can hear clicking sounds on both but the windows won't come down... i suspect that the rubber is stuck on the glass...

another thing, might be a little off topic, but i think my sunroof won't open upwards fully.. it's when i push the button all the way that it goes up further then proceeds to move backwards.. is this normal or is my sunroof part faulty?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Sunroof = Push Up, it opens a bit of gap for about 1-1.5". Push to the back, the glass tilt it's back up then slide to the back.

Power window = wait till night or morning, try it. Sometimes the rubber expands and locked the glass. Then when it comes down, put some vinyl protectant to lubricate the rail.

Airtrek-R

Sep 3, 2012
Penang
Sunroof = Push Up, it opens a bit of gap for about 1-1.5". Push to the back, the glass tilt it's back up then slide to the back.

Power window = wait till night or morning, try it. Sometimes the rubber expands and locked the glass. Then when it comes down, put some vinyl protectant to lubricate the rail.
aaahh.. ic... so it does not push up all the way then... just a small gap.. bcos i noticed that it only goes up a tiny bit.. but when i push the button again, it pushes up further then starts to move back..

as for my power windows, i've tried this morning without success.. i guess i have to dismantle the window and assemble it again..