Assemble a car from chop shop.

Interfooler

Sep 3, 2005
Ipoh/KL
Hi all, I wanna know if its really possible to assemble a car from scratch using half cut parts from chop shop? I heard you can do it and a putra with engine and everything can be built with just RM10k. If you fancy more power, you can even drop in a mitsu performance engine for a few grand more. Anyone has any experience on this?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

zan

Feb 20, 2005
yeah, u can do that. but it wont be road legal though.

practical for track racing.

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
If you'd found a car which is very very very very old, 1970s with registration card, you can use chop shop engine and stuff to put in to your car. JPJ will pass your car inspection. Old engine hard to find, so JPJ let you mod the engine mounting in your car to accommodate the new engine. Be it RB26DETT, they still pass.

My friend had a very old Datsun Laurel (his wedding car), old engine OHV engine, once "accidentally" overreved, KabooOoOOm!! Put in RB26DETT, JPJ pass inspection, because original engine no produce edi, here don't have RB20, so he ordered a RB26DETT from W Msia flown in, put it in, upgrade everything, heck he even have a anti-roll cage installed, JPJ also let him pass inspection as safety equipment, according to him. Don't know what "procedure" he had gone through but the car registration really got RB26DETT engine registered. Now he's the happiest man on earth, always fly here and there, tapau every1. LoL... Hope this give you some information for making a chop shop + Old car.

If you'd found a car which is very very very very old, 1970s with registration card, you can use chop shop engine and stuff to put in to your car. JPJ will pass your car inspection. Old engine hard to find, so JPJ let you mod the engine mounting in your car to accommodate the new engine. Be it RB26DETT, they still pass.

My friend had a very old Datsun Laurel (his wedding car), old engine OHV engine, once "accidentally" overreved, KabooOoOOm!! Put in RB26DETT, JPJ pass inspection, because original engine no produce edi, here don't have RB20, so he ordered a RB26DETT from W Msia flown in, put it in, upgrade everything, heck he even have a anti-roll cage installed, JPJ also let him pass inspection as safety equipment, according to him. Don't know what "procedure" he had gone through but the car registration really got RB26DETT engine registered. Now he's the happiest man on earth, always fly here and there, tapau every1. LoL... Hope this give you some information for making a chop shop + Old car.
the Power over weight doesnt seem to be balance....engine is too heavy for an old car whereby the car chassis r not capable to support it.

but for KK, the JPJ n puspakom can be settle down easily compare to KL here. even my fren Wira r all 4wd..they all at KK.:_:

tk2005takeru

Jun 15, 2005
KK
KK? I would like to invite Malaysia Rally Championship organizers or better, WRC to race here in KK. You don't have to go into the middle of the jungle, the city roads is really challanging enough, suddenly gravel and suddenly change to tarmac. The roads here is also a big hazard to all kind of road users, be it a bicycle, a motorcycle, a Kancil, a Wira, a Subaru Imprezza WRX STi, 4x4, heck even 10t lorry. Potholes are everywhere and I mean everywhere, even they're repaired, it still pops out after a few days due to poor road repairing procedures and handling(they just filling it with "some" bitumen rocks, sometimes filling it with sands only, road lines are not drawn according to road safety plan(imagine a road with 1 Wira car length is divided into 2 directions single lane road), roads had been cut by landslide were not repaired for 2 years, sudden crest and trout, stupid road had been twisted around until you can see the line zig-zagged, road foundation is not adequately prepared, road condition is worse than W Msians and Sawarakians. I wonder the PM ever ride on our roads before when he have his visit this year, did he comment on anything at all? Or he only travel by helicopter and never check how is the road condition at all. Gotta give him a personal ride in my car.

Wiralution with 4WD is illegal? We can take this road issue to the PM office about the road conditions here if they ever dare mention about illegal conversion to 4WD. Well, for me, 2 pairs of 14" rims become oval edi, now using a 15" rim and it's going to be oval. Or squared? Absorbers? 1 year sure kong edi, sometimes 1/2 year. Lowering your car in KK is wasting of money and inconvenient, you can only select a few good condition roads to run, also some of the humps are made to slow 4x4, and you can imagine how high the bumps is. So I raise my Wira height to 6 fingers-height up front from wheel to fender and 5 fingers-height for the back, even with my curerent settings, I still get bottom-rubbed.

If I find a few free time with me I'll take a few shots for you all how worse and dangerous the roads here. Fellow Sabahans ZTHians please help me too. You have to see it to believe it.

mag9556

Jul 11, 2006
There is only 1 car can use this method..
That is Mini Cooper(old type).. haha..

Wafi

May 21, 2006
Brunei
Wah,jpj in malaysia are understanding eh, lucky you guys. Btw is it legal for an s13 conversion to a 180sx hatchback? Im doing a sil80 and not sure wether it is legal or not. Only bolt on stuff meh, front bumper,lights,bonnet n fenders...no need to custom any other things to make it fit.

evo3

Jul 2, 2004
for JPJ, everything modify also illegal. :) and also depend on their mood.

Sabah road so worse ah? The JKR not working or no money.

Malaysia Car Detailing Guru KC present - Acid Etched paint and Correction guide

Can I get rid of stains, spots and smears on my car?
many would have left it alone and ignore if possible
my intention to share my experience and hopefully , it will give you some light and show you how to removed this Mineral deposit or acid etching

I happen to be in my mechanic and...