Asking for advised...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
im planning to buy bmw 318i manual transmission. year 93.
is it true that this 318i mostly bmw very "manja"? what about the maintainance/spareparts is it so expensive?
i want to know evrything about 318i from the positive and negative side of it.
please give me an advised...below is the car that im planning to buy it, sexy is'nt it?:adore:

Attachments

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
manual E36? lucky you. not too sure how manja this car is, but they even say that Alfa Romeo manja, but somehow it does not seem so. i reckon if it's well taken care of, less problem should arise. as for wear and tear parts, well they are wear and tear parts hehe, get em changed. hope someone can clarify this query.

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
tq subsonique...is it true that beemers p/parts more xpensive than japanese cars? is it hard to find the s/parts in a chop shop?

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
tq subsonique...is it true that beemers p/parts more xpensive than japanese cars? is it hard to find the s/parts in a chop shop?
i think, Beemers have the most parts available in the market, among Euros. easier to get in comparison with other Euros. about the price of parts, well let's say all Euros are higher than Japanese or locals. but to me, you get what you pay for when you drive a Euro. satisfying bro hehe.

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Hie there bro....spare parts for Bimmer are flooding in the chop shop...u pay for what u get.....BMW is not as manja as opposed to some Italian cars (sorry for the statement, correct me if i am wrong) but a proper maintenance will do.

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
Hie there bro....spare parts for Bimmer are flooding in the chop shop...u pay for what u get.....BMW is not as manja as opposed to some Italian cars (sorry for the statement, correct me if i am wrong) but a proper maintenance will do.
yep, you are correct about the chop shops on Beemer. but i am not too sure about the manjaness of the Italian cars haha. i own 2 Italians, heck 3 Italians if you add the 124 ST, and all i could say is, they are not as manja as you thought it should be. proper maintenance and daily redlining will ensure happiness in both party, the bella and the owner haha. but if you want a very reliable car, the Benz W124 is almost bullet proof i reckon.

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
really? tq bro...

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
yep, you are correct about the chop shops on Beemer. but i am not too sure about the manjaness of the Italian cars haha. i own 2 Italians, heck 3 Italians if you add the 124 ST, and all i could say is, they are not as manja as you thought it should be. proper maintenance and daily redlining will ensure happiness in both party, the bella and the owner haha. but if you want a very reliable car, the Benz W124 is almost bullet proof i reckon.
hehe...bullet proof ar...im not celebrity hihi...is tough car right? but im really in love with this e36 but in the same time im scared to death listening about the rumours of this e36. my friend suggest that i buy 5series rather than 3series...damn, lagi pening kepala!!!:hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Tepuk dada tanya selera bro...

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
Tepuk dada tanya selera bro...
betul tu, pat on your chest and ask your appetite haha. bro, i reckon the E36 is a better choice than the E39 5 Series. i love the E36 and since it comes in manual transmission, damn man, you're pretty lucky la. if you do not want it, hehe then mind telling me how much is it for someone to obtain the manual E36? who knows, i may trade in my 155 for it hehe.

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
betul tu, pat on your chest and ask your appetite haha. bro, i reckon the E36 is a better choice than the E39 5 Series. i love the E36 and since it comes in manual transmission, damn man, you're pretty lucky la. if you do not want it, hehe then mind telling me how much is it for someone to obtain the manual E36? who knows, i may trade in my 155 for it hehe.
thanks fardell and u too bro:adore: ...i guess i go e36 laa...since u said that im preety lucky then i'll will see the owner tomorrow...hihihi...:biggrin: /there is one 325 uk specs blue color, she's preety to but dunno either she's been sold edi or not rm55k nego 1993...:biggrin:

Last edited:

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
btw ur 155 t/spark is'nt it? is she 1.8 or 2.0? 146 got the boxer engine right? 155 got boxer engine ar bro? actually i asked my wife to buy this 155 but she dont like alfa...then she said that she's really admired more to e36...

Last edited:

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
btw ur 155 t/spark is'nt it? is she 1.8 or 2.0? 146 got the boxer engine right? 155 got boxer engine ar bro? actually i asked my wife to buy this 155 but she dont like alfa...then she said that she's really admired more to e36...
bro, yep all 155 is Twinspark (Percikan Api Berkembar), and mine is 1.8 8V, super easy to maintain, no timing belt, running on timing chain. even the W124 timing chain can be put into the 155. 155 has no Boxer engine. by the way, the 1.8 8V Twinspark engine can play with 318 without a sweat hehe.

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
bro, yep all 155 is Twinspark (Percikan Api Berkembar), and mine is 1.8 8V, super easy to maintain, no timing belt, running on timing chain. even the W124 timing chain can be put into the 155. 155 has no Boxer engine. by the way, the 1.8 8V Twinspark engine can play with 318 without a sweat hehe.
hahaha...really arr can play with e36, cancel la beli e36 coz that e36 edi sold laa...:banghead: . anyway what the price 155 now? what year ur car bro and what is the price now? btw, e36 sudah kena jual, my wife asking about the cefiro year 99...:hmmmm: :hmmmm: alfa pun macam best gak...:driver: :rofl:

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
hahaha...really arr can play with e36, cancel la beli e36 coz that e36 edi sold laa...:banghead: . anyway what the price 155 now? what year ur car bro and what is the price now? btw, e36 sudah kena jual, my wife asking about the cefiro year 99...:hmmmm: :hmmmm: alfa pun macam best gak...:driver: :rofl:
of course it can play with the E36, winning or losing later to be determined la haha, but don't bring in the 325 or 330 la haha. habis la itu macam haha. ayayai your manual E36 sold already? daymnnn man, wasted. as for the 155, nowadays is pretty cheap. my model 1.8 Twinspark 8V year 1995, well maintained condish should set you at RM16 to RM17k, and of course you can get it cheaper but you may have to spend money after that. but if you want real power, you can get the 2ltr 16V, but parts are a bit more expensive than the 8V model. but if you really want more raw power hehe, get the 2.5 V6 12V engine haha. now this V6 is pretty rare, only a few in Malaysia. and my buddy has 1 for sale, along with BBS wheels.

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
errr...155 ok laa for the other model dun want laaa...i know it expensive...:) 155 garang already...ur rims berapa inch? how about the exhaust system?

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Alfa has always been my dream car...

sekolah_tua

Known Member
May 25, 2007
what car do u rides now fardell?

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
errr...155 ok laa for the other model dun want laaa...i know it expensive...:) 155 garang already...ur rims berapa inch? how about the exhaust system?
used to have 17incher Alessio Spider on my 155, but had changed to 15 inch wheels due to the roads in Melaka. KL is not so bad, but since i had to go back to Melaka pretty frequently, well i had no choice but to change to 15s. but i do have 16 inch FIAT Coupe rims with my friend, waiting for me to pick it up haha. anyway, i had changed the manifold to custom 4-2-1 mild steel, and straight flow all the way to the Ragazzon oval single DTM backbox. sound is wicked hehe, only thing is, my center box is already worn out. front discs are by BREMBO Max, with Mintex pads and SPARCO stainless steel braided hoses. air filter changed to Green open pod filter with stainless steel Green adaptor. InTrax lowered springs, gear knob and handbrake cover by MOMO. ALPINE co-axial front speakers, Caliber 1000W Amplifier, Infiniti Beta 10inch subwoofers, JL Audio Component Speakers, SONY head unit MP3, SONY Rotary Commander. and guess what la? my 155 comes with sunroof, and that is super rare in Malaysia hehe. it's a daily driven car, which means, i drive it daily since it's addictive. the only thing needs to be done now is, change the absorbers haha and front bumper. check the pictures out sir.

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
I have a 1991 Mercedes Benz 260E, 2004 Kia Optima (both belongs to my folks cum it is also my car lar hehehehe), 2004 Daihatsu Terios DVVT.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The much anticipated Proton Waja replacement model is now available for booking. Codenamed the Proton P3-90A, or now officially known as the Inspira, the new car was unveiled today at a soft launch at Proton's HQ - the Center of Excellence.

The car is a product of a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience