• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Sifus,
i need some help here. Today while i was driving, suddenly this sign (!) light pop out. Its
intermitance.
come, goes, come, goes. I've checked my brake fluid and engine oil. All normal. Any idea what does that sign represent off? Handbrake was ok also i dont smell any brake pad burn so most likely not brake jammed. :confused: :confused: :confused:

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
should be handbrake switch loosen/handbrake cannot went all the way down to press the button/the wiring to the handbrake switch had connection problem

lexuskoh

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2007
my car SE with 4AGE 16V non TVIS
i also have other problem is.....check engine sign....
when i driver 90km/h with rpm around 3000...
when more than 2 minutes...the sign come out....but my car still ok and normal..still can go
i send workshop check....he said just normal speed sensor...
but i still cannot understand it...
anyone can help me....what is it ?

Last edited:

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
handbrake light (!).
it represent that your handbrake lever is up.
but if it is down, and still light up, wiring/lever sensor got issues.

bout the engine light,
90kmh @ 8.3krpm isn't it too high rev for slow speed traveling???
you ram at 3rd/4th gear? i think too much knocking for over 2 mins....
Quite long time rev at red zone. engine health may decrease...
at 1st maybe okla... prolong....piston longar...
Correct me if i'm wrong.

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
I used TVIS 4age and also bumped with that problem, your exhaust o2 sensor might need to be changed, actually it have to changed every maybe 60k if i am not mistaken... for some mech, it may cause problem in long run as this sensor triggers whether your engine is lean or rich, it reads the AF ratio of the exhaust fumes, mistriggered sensor can set your engine to be lean or rich at the wrong RPM, means more fuel consumption.... this sensor used to achieve economical fuel consumption.

that is why most manufacturer position their sensors below... unlike early
4age which position it at the hottest point, not to mention the 4age distributor also tend to melt eh?

but i also run it for 7 months, still the engine runs like nothing... hohoh

BTW, is it hard to get 16v parts?

and yes the (!) is due to loose handbrake switch or miscontact wiring

my car SE with 4AGE 16V non TVIS
i also have other problem is.....check engine sign....
when i driver 90km/h with rpm around 8300...
when more than 2 minutes...the sign come out....but my car still ok and normal..still can go
i send workshop check....he said just normal speed sensor...
but i still cannot understand it...
anyone can help me....what is it ?

Nov 10, 2007
anyone have others idea...?
I use to have that problem ever since I have installed my 20V BT but i was not running at that high RPM. As what lexuskoh has mention, the mechanics was telling me that it was cause by the speed sensor. I then went to another mechanics and he told me that i was not difficult to address the issue. He call up some wiring guy and before i could understand what is actually happening, the problem was settle. The wiring guy was running an additional set of cable from the ECU to the meter. Frankly speaking i do not know what was the root cause and i didn't actually feel any different about my car performance after that. Maybe they have just by pass the signal.

azahari.aziz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
wanna solve it easy jer...
just disconnet your brake oil sensor at master pump cylinder...
there should be not problem dont worry...
just only have 1 socket at there..
mine also kena want...
already disconnect it..
but remember mush check your brake oil monthly..

tom 7544

2,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
IPOH
this (!) is the brake oil under lever. cheak brake oil, couse last time i oso got this problem so. :driver:

lapsap25

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
Brake fluid level or loosen handbrake cable problem

lexuskoh

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2007
I used TVIS 4age and also bumped with that problem, your exhaust o2 sensor might need to be changed, actually it have to changed every maybe 60k if i am not mistaken... for some mech, it may cause problem in long run as this sensor triggers whether your engine is lean or rich, it reads the AF ratio of the exhaust fumes, mistriggered sensor can set your engine to be lean or rich at the wrong RPM, means more fuel consumption.... this sensor used to achieve economical fuel consumption.

that is why most manufacturer position their sensors below... unlike early
4age which position it at the hottest point, not to mention the 4age distributor also tend to melt eh?

but i also run it for 7 months, still the engine runs like nothing... hohoh

BTW, is it hard to get 16v parts?

and yes the (!) is due to loose handbrake switch or miscontact wiring
Dear member corollagtouring ,
i plan to change the exhaust O2 sensor , how much for this item w/o labour changes ?
Is it i need to setting at ECU or just change only ?
is it possible i done it by DIY ? save cost !
the exhaust O2 sensor same with SVT and BT ?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
O2 sensor...try to search previous thread...lots being discussed bout it...

since when 20v ecu need to do setting ? just reset the ECU will do...

yes you can DIY it...but make sure you now what you're doing...and make sure your SAFETY is your main priority...jack the car properly...! after jack the car...put on a stand instead of standing on the jack alone...

SVT n BT O2 sensor is not the same...in term of size and socket...BT O2 sensor is bigger, if not mistaken...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I think what sifu lapsap25 said is correct. This (!) warning icon is your for brakes. So probably your brake fluid is running low, that's all. Just check the brake fluid reservoir if the fluid is low. If the brake fluid level is low, usually there's only 2 reasons; 1 is your pads are worn & 2, there's a leak in your brake system; get it checked.

Other ECU / sensor related problems should have an engine icon displayed.

Disclaimer: :listen: I'm no expert; just trying to help.

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
first check the ECU/ speed wiring etc etc at good mech shop, i recomment TPS at sunway (under junction crossover before sunway pyramid). He is good in trouble shooting. Many mech can install engines but not many can trouble shoot to the problem asap.

Also try to ask other 4AGE addict for trouble shooters, not installers.

then after all the measures taken, try to change the O2 sensor, 4age 16v 02 sensor is not same as SVT or BT. you can change it yourself, it is the one at our exhaust manifold.