Anybody using Racecraft Air Filter (with build-in CF heatshield) here?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
using now...non-washable but once a while use airgun to blow..thats all...nuffin special except when ur friends ask u to pop the hood,"WaHHHhHh....CF man~~!!"

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
use airgun to blow your air filter will have more air flow.......

know y?

cause your air filter 1 hole 1 hole already........lol

i use vacuum to clean my Apexi Power Intake......so far so good.....

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
vacuum strong enuf meh...mine aso good,clean TB once oni...engine still healthy cuz 2yrs havent breakdown yet..haha

Hazzim

Known Member
Aug 8, 2005
Malaysia :-)
PocRoc could you explain how a CF open pod filter works>? I'm thinking of installing a Open Pod in my car next month.. the CF POd sure sounds interesting.. how is the engine breathing with that Open Pod>?

Cheers
~Hazzim

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
PocRoc, is the BMC style RaceCraft air filter not washable too ? I will be dropping that in next week...Same like the one featured.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
that wan i not so sure...cuz i saw scrws by the side of the inlet n outlet...maybe can...i dunno

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
ha....BMC style filter will make a diff...1-3hp gain if perfectly installed.meaning CAI hose positioned with minimum restrictions

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
nitrus said:
I'm not talking about the air intake system thing that's featured at the Racecraft thread...

im talking bout the normal open pod air filter type with heatshield around it ... the one that has two sizes ...

Anybody here using that air filter?

Just wanna know ... Have you guys washed the airfilter before? How?
Or is it not washable ..?

Sorry i had to ask here for advise, the dead ppl at the Racecraft thread aren't replying me.
I m using it quite sometime ago, its quite a good filter, oni i don like the noise like lorry engine sound when i floor the pedal:biggrin:

u can use a blower just shot the air against the filter is good enough.

Btw its a dam cool filter in the engine bay!:regular_smile:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
yea yeah....sound like lorry...1st time i installed...dem loud.not used to the sound...spoil my sound system

but later ok edi,cuz have to live with it..haha

Last edited:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
-----------------------------

Last edited:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005

Last edited:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
enuf power leh the vacuum....... 1200walt....no need use any extension....take off all extension except the brush one, shortest the best then vacuum lo.....

sweep with the brush extension and vacuum the dirt, dust and such only ma.....y not enuf power? lol

dirt and dust u use mouth blow also can fly to sky leh....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
how often ahh....urr....i try to do it evry service lo...or alternate services chun edi.cuz CAI rite,suck in alot of dust n sand.i dont get leaves cuz my bumper got wire mesh..hehe

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Maybe the CAI put too low so will suck in many dust. If put the CAI higher like beside the headlight dont know will be better or not. I until now also dont know where to put my CAI inlet..want to drill hole in bumper but sakit hati but dont know where to put....can give me some tips ah ?:confused_smile:

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
My review last year September 2005

Review: Open pod air filter with carbon fibre heat shield
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> Last Saturday I decided to replace my GTi's stock air filter with an open pod air filter.

As you all know that cooler air is denser and it packs more oxygen resulting in a bigger bang. So cold air is better than hot air.

Therefore I didn't want to get any open pod air filter and then later worry about how to shield it from the hot under hood air in the engine bay. Of course I could always get those ready made heat shields but they can be rather expensive and I don't want the hassle to DIY my own heatshield.

So it's no point having an open pod air filter if it's sucking in hot air right?

Well...lucky for me, I found out about Racecraft's own open pod air filter that comes encased within a carbon fibre heat shield.

So there I was at N1 Racing last Saturday. I saw 2 sizes of the same open pod air filter. The sales person there recommended the smaller one as the larger one won't be able to fit into my Gti's tight engine bay.

The price of the smaller open pod was RM130. On top of that, I had to purchase an adapter to fit the open pod air filter to my MAF sensor. The adapter cost me RM60.

After installing it, I had my car dynotuned. It registered an increase of about 5 horsepower*.

I guess the carbon fibre heat shield does work afterall.

Now my engine seems more responsive and there was no noticeable increase in noise from within the cabin.

Now everytime I open my hood, the first thing that catches the eye is the RaceCraft open pod air filter.

* This result may vary for every individual due to various factor like engine condition, engine oil, petrol, air temperature and any additional mods done prior to the installation ( exhaust system, flywheel, spark plugs, cams, etc )

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifus,

i owned an AE 111 TOYOTA (AUTO) - STOCK SET and i need mod~

what can i mod with this car? pls suggest~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience