LanEvo8

Known Member
untitled.jpg
Front View
untitled3.jpg
rear view
untitled4.jpg
Engine
I saw this ALFA ROMEO 147 GTA.I fall in love with this car.This car spec is veryEngi good but i have no idea pro and cons for ALFA ROMEO car.I like RED OR WHITE COLOR
Below is this car spec:

3.2 V6 24v (3179 cc, 250 BHP-EEC, 246 km/hr)
The brand-new 3.2 V6 24v petrol engine is capable of developing a power output of 250 BHP at 6200 rpm. The 6-speed manual gearbox gets the very best from the engine’s sporting qualities. The car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/hr in 6.3 seconds, with a top speed of 246 km/hr and average fuel consumption in the combined cycle of 12.1 liters per 100 km, figures that sum up the potential of the new GTA, which boasts a torque curve reaching 300 Nm at 4800 rpm, giving thrilling performance for both sporty driving and everyday use.

Exterior
The Alfa 147 with the legendary initials GTA has a look that cannot hide the potential of engineering that has undergone an almost complete reworking with respect to the Alfa 147.
Changes were made to all the components that impact on the car’s dynamics, with a few stylistic changes that give the model a stronger and more sporty look. The result is a beautiful, aggressive car, firmly anchored to the road.

The hood at the front appears lengthened, hinting at the vigor and power of the innovative 3.2 V6 24v engine underneath. The side has an aggressive profile, with larger fenders accommodating the generous 17" and 18" wheels. At the rear the bumper is larger and incorporates a large "extractor" with an aerodynamic function.
Alfa 147 GTA is available in a choice of 10 body colors, including Cloud White, which is a color exclusive to the model

Interior:
875fbe5d.jpg

The passenger cabin of the new Alfa 147 GTA has several features that stress the car’s sporting temperament. Features such as the wrap-around seats with cloth upholstery or, as an optional, in leather, and with a horizontal pattern on the seat reminiscent of Italian sports car styling of the past, the aluminum pedals and footrest, and the central glove compartment in metalluro

untitled2.jpg

Then there is the three-spoke steering wheel, while the instrumentation on a black background has a new look including a screen for the engine oil temperature on the multi-function display

SAFETY:
Safety first and foremost. The Alfa 147 GTA is equipped with the most sophisticated active and passive safety systems: ABS, EBD brakeforce distributor, VDC with MSR and ASR to control the car’s dynamic stability on bends and when braking. There are six airbags as standard: driver and passenger bags, two side bags and two window bags. In addition, the passenger cabin has been designed as a survival cell, and is protected by anti-penetration bars and controlled deformation zones to absorb impacts.

On Board Technology:
It is easy to travel in total relaxation.
Coming as standard on the Alfa 147 GTA are the dual-zone climate control system, Fire Prevention System, RDS radio-CD player, 8 speakers and aerial, radio controls on steering-wheel and Cruise Control.
The various options include the CD-changer, CONNECT Nav and Nav+ and volumetric, anti-lifting theft alarm.

AV stuff like western than Jap.My boss son want to sell his ALFA ROMEO.I don't anything about ALFA.Just wanna ask some previous or current user of ALFA owner.How is the car.Ask salesman all also tipu punya.100% ALFA is the best car

i'd love to actually experience a ride in an alfa. I think it's a unique beauty. From pictures that i've seen and video reviews, the interior is just dazzlingly pretty.

Please if they are any Alfa owners here, pls share your piece of mind on how you appreciate your car. And also, i hear ppl saying maintainance is hell, visiting the workshop often. Hearing word around just doesn't cut it for me. How about we have someone or an Alfa owner himself elaborate more on this?

Such a stunning looking car. I'm already in love with their upcoming models. Simply stunning. Sorry if i seem abit biased, it may be a love-striking thing but it has taken me time to actually appreciate the Alfas (from a point of view of not owning one).

LanEvo8, that GTA is oh god sweet!

FuGZ said:
i'd love to actually experience a ride in an alfa. I think it's a unique beauty. From pictures that i've seen and video reviews, the interior is just dazzlingly pretty.

Please if they are any Alfa owners here, pls share your piece of mind on how you appreciate your car. And also, i hear ppl saying maintainance is hell, visiting the workshop often. Hearing word around just doesn't cut it for me. How about we have someone or an Alfa owner himself elaborate more on this?

Such a stunning looking car. I'm already in love with their upcoming models. Simply stunning. Sorry if i seem abit biased, it may be a love-striking thing but it has taken me time to actually appreciate the Alfas (from a point of view of not owning one).

I love Italian car just simply beauty, History and Atitude ......
That is something u can't find in most Jap car ....
Yes u can done up ur supra to 800 Bhp but u can't have the sound/status/history the reason why they create it .....

Man buy toy because of story ...... A man toy always come with story ....

FuGZ said:

When i saw this GTA,I said WOW nice car and have a powerful engine.It's a really a great car.So i need ALFA owner share some view with me

147 gta is very fare and exp, mostly likely u will get 2.0 SS or 1.6 M. hard to get M for 2.0. not many ard unless convert. well, AR is very durable. it's design that way. durablity and realiability are 2 very diff things. spare parts, of course more exp than jap generally. bear in min 147 or 156 are the same category as camry, accord, etc. AR uses double wishbone(iirc), so, wear n tear tend to be a little higher. SS is ur real concern. but not a big concern if u knw the right place to go. like Chong of Emech(former HHK) or Ah Ming of Salak South. SS is wear n tear item unlike stick and Auto. how long will it last? well, how long ur tyres will last? dun buy ar cost it's cheap(most ppl r attract to the used ar price). if u r on a tight budget, be ware as u need to have some provision for the car. but the handling n power is awesome for the same category. 146 1.6 can hit 160kmh, no sweat n u dun feel a thing. power wish may loss but handling, u will be surprise. tt's all for now. hope will help.

THIS IS jz my experience, may not apply to u. u shd visit IA n get better info from sifu like Redd, MLM, etc

Last edited:
Hm.. being an ex owner of Alfa, all that i can say is its totally unique and diff charasteristic car.

power wise, it looks great on spec however on the road performance, should you don't compare with those jappy engine like vtec or gsr turbo, its consider good power. else if to compare, easily get tarpau by those jappy car. Engine maintenance wise need more attention thn jappy engine. as for maintenance cost, i would to say depends on your parts that tear wear. some can really expensive and hard to get. finding a reliable workshop can be a headache too but so far i think in sunway area there are a few reputable one.

handling wise, its depends on individual taste. but generally is good. exterior and interior, wats more can i say. its superb...

the reason why i sold mine was due to too much attention needed frm me till my GF make noise over jealousy. whahahaha. another thing was the modding side. those parts can really very expensive. some can even hit over tripple of the jap mod parts. so i decided to switch over as im modder head

should u be looking a car, just to drive as it is... then u can consider about alfa. If u wanna tuoch here and there, mod here and there, i suggest u think trice..

normality78 said:
Hm.. being an ex owner of Alfa, all that i can say is its totally unique and diff charasteristic car.

power wise, it looks great on spec however on the road performance, should you don't compare with those jappy engine like vtec or gsr turbo, its consider good power. else if to compare, easily get tarpau by those jappy car. Engine maintenance wise need more attention thn jappy engine. as for maintenance cost, i would to say depends on your parts that tear wear. some can really expensive and hard to get. finding a reliable workshop can be a headache too but so far i think in sunway area there are a few reputable one.

handling wise, its depends on individual taste. but generally is good. exterior and interior, wats more can i say. its superb...

the reason why i sold mine was due to too much attention needed frm me till my GF make noise over jealousy. whahahaha. another thing was the modding side. those parts can really very expensive. some can even hit over tripple of the jap mod parts. so i decided to switch over as im modder head

should u be looking a car, just to drive as it is... then u can consider about alfa. If u wanna tuoch here and there, mod here and there, i suggest u think trice..

Thanks for some advice u giving,I like to mod car but my boss son more gila mod car than me already do some modification on that car.I think that car already superb.Now,i really scared is the maintainence and the parts thats all.He import this car from oversea and last time he upgrade his car also do it at oversea.Until now he didn't sent to workshop and fix it

not to spill cold wet blanket on you. But according to what you said, i would to say its the best not to go for it.

1st, the car was imported frm overseas hence there might be some parts should it fail and u cant get replacement here. as u mentioned he gila mod, mostly plp gila mod also tekan gila. whahaha. dun come n tell me who dun whack but gila mod. so tear wear is there but till wat status we do not know. what if the mod parts was the one give way, how much r u going to spent to replace? dont forget, he is your boss son. so money to him is not issue but maybe to u it is. wahahahaha

oh yeah, have u check out how much is a 3.2l roadtax cost u and also insurans?

Ok man, I'm not a former owner of any Alfa but I do enjoy reading about their cars and they do have quite a history. Most of the stuff is from the top of my head but its generally what I read about them...

The older ones had great engines and lousy bodies. I mean they were beautiful cars but prone to rust and Italian steel has never had a good reputation (Fiat is partly to thank for this). These days Italian cars have improved in terms of rust protection and are up there with some of the best of them but sadly their older reputation still tends to follow them around. So bodywise, its a good car.

Engine: Alfa's are notorious for having great responding engines, be it old or new and their Selespeed gearbox on the current Alfas were one of the first steering wheel button shifters brought into this country. Great engines for driving but maintenance depending on model can be hell if not sent to the right mechanic and the right mechanic isn't always the dealer here in Malaysia (is the dealership still alive?). Slightly older Alfas (mid 90s) have a reputation for premature top end failure. Failed timing belts, valves. Usually the problems are just restricted to the top. Newer Alfas like the one above don't have a reputation for this but then again the newer ones didn't sell as well in this country.

Handling: They're great, seriously. Not the best but pretty good nonetheless.

Electronics can be a problem but this is usually down to wrong equipment and lack of technical support in this country. Not really the cars fault, just the diagnostic equipment needs to be up to date.

Advice: If you really like it, spend a bit on getting someone qualified to take a look at the car you're intending to purchase. The best seems to be Alfatech in Sunway. They have all the latest diagnostic equipments and updated programmes and they also have their own parts and they bring in parts from overseas as well. Nobody really beats these guys when it comes to Alfa's and they service everything from old school Alfa's right up to the one you mentioned above. They'll also be able to provide you information on mods. Ask about their founder and boss, can't remember his name but real old school dude. Good luck!

Buy Alfa no need spend on ICE. No need to fix faulty, opened power window.Just drive a 156 or 147 hard and you'll hear the magnificent engine note.

GTA rare item ...
Alfa poor body, nice engine and bla bla is totally depend on how u handle it ( my friend 1962 GTV with 100% ori condition,body) .....

The reason why european maintance or performance part expensive, cause they have full R&D on every single item (TRD,Mugen part ain't cheap)....

Mod and Whack is not means the car will brake down soon, just depend how the owner take care of it .... i use to own a Bimmer with 3.1 kit with 6500 rpm limit (is good enough), and i whack the car every day but provide him oil change and bla bla on time ....
Ask IA member they buy,Mod, Whack (sunday morning ride) .... but those car still in good shape ....

If u willing to spend more extra time on the car then go for Italian car ..... cause only enthsiasts will go this ....

just ask Free from IA abt his 147 just upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0 ... how he feel ...
hehehehe

tt's why i said, dun buy the car cos it's cheap n beautiful, u will regret later. every ones love the Pros but only enthsiasts can tahan the Cons

vantageX said:
Ok man, I'm not a former owner of any Alfa but I do enjoy reading about their cars and they do have quite a history. Most of the stuff is from the top of my head but its generally what I read about them...

The older ones had great engines and lousy bodies. I mean they were beautiful cars but prone to rust and Italian steel has never had a good reputation (Fiat is partly to thank for this). These days Italian cars have improved in terms of rust protection and are up there with some of the best of them but sadly their older reputation still tends to follow them around. So bodywise, its a good car.

Engine: Alfa's are notorious for having great responding engines, be it old or new and their Selespeed gearbox on the current Alfas were one of the first steering wheel button shifters brought into this country. Great engines for driving but maintenance depending on model can be hell if not sent to the right mechanic and the right mechanic isn't always the dealer here in Malaysia (is the dealership still alive?). Slightly older Alfas (mid 90s) have a reputation for premature top end failure. Failed timing belts, valves. Usually the problems are just restricted to the top. Newer Alfas like the one above don't have a reputation for this but then again the newer ones didn't sell as well in this country.

Handling: They're great, seriously. Not the best but pretty good nonetheless.

Electronics can be a problem but this is usually down to wrong equipment and lack of technical support in this country. Not really the cars fault, just the diagnostic equipment needs to be up to date.

Advice: If you really like it, spend a bit on getting someone qualified to take a look at the car you're intending to purchase. The best seems to be Alfatech in Sunway. They have all the latest diagnostic equipments and updated programmes and they also have their own parts and they bring in parts from overseas as well. Nobody really beats these guys when it comes to Alfa's and they service everything from old school Alfa's right up to the one you mentioned above. They'll also be able to provide you information on mods. Ask about their founder and boss, can't remember his name but real old school dude. Good luck!

bro, i guess u've nailed most of the thing right except having the most latest diagnostic tools doesn;t means the best. As per said, having the best ecu management w/out good tuner it will still blow engine.

i've attend some alfa trainning section in Spore previously. Appearently spore owner doesnt have the issue of selespeed coz non of thm reported it excpet one whereby a kiosk attendent pour the normal water into the selespeed fluid container. but here in msia, i heard quite alot of thm having problem

Hey ur MAT SALLEH boss son going to change what car?Don't buy this car la.Most of them said expensive spare parts and maintainence buy JAP car la

ky69 said:
Hey ur MAT SALLEH boss son going to change what car?Don't buy this car la.Most of them said expensive spare parts and maintainence buy JAP car la
He going to change italian monster FERRARI or Lambo.He want ENZO because is limited so he hardly find it.So he is selling his ALFA.ALFA is his first get driving license car now he already graduate so he need a SUPERB SPORT CAR.My boss damm sayang him buy him a Expensive sport car because only child.I just said thinking of buying it not going to buy it.I go to KLIM motorshow and view some car first la.Thinking wanna buy a new car because habis bayar loan.Wanna join?

Last edited:
Top Bottom