Any tips/ guides on buying 2nd hand car??

Feb 17, 2011
i'm newbie here.. my questions:

1) how do i know whether d car previously had involved in minor or major accident?? is there any way for me to identify it?? coz once d previous owner sell d car, he absolutely repaired d car, right??

2) how do i know whether d car previously was defected by flood?? is there any way for me oso to identify it??

3) what is d main things that i need to consider when buying 2nd hand car especially '04- '06 vios??

4) can suggest me oso good used car centre around klang valley??

actually, i'm interested to own a 1st gen vios, bcoz of its fuel efficiency.. i had testdrive my uncle 1st gen vios for almost 2 months, & currently i'm driving kelisa 1.0 (mt), & i can say that vios 1.5 is same FC with my kelisa 1.0 (mt).. & right now i'm looking for 2nd hand car, especially '04- '06 vios.. need your advice/ tips/ guides as per title.. many says that it's not a good choice or many risks if wanna buy 2nd hand car, bcoz we dunno how was d last owner use & maintain it.. summore, we oso dunno whether d car previously got into minor or major accidents, d car is defected by flood, etc.. my questions:

hopefully your answer not only useful for me, but will be useful oso for other forumer who wanna buy 2nd hand car.. :proud:

1) how do i know whether d car previously had involved in minor or major accident?? is there any way for me to identify it?? coz once d previous owner sell d car, he absolutely repaired d car, right??
****remove the rubber strips on the door, if the panel been tampered with, means there has been an accident from the side, & ensure its not a sambung car.

front & rear- check for rust signs, make sure no water leaking.

2) how do i know whether d car previously was defected by flood?? is there any way for me oso to identify it??
** check under the car carpet, if its damp & rusted, might be affected by flood.

3) what is d main things that i need to consider when buying 2nd hand car especially '04- '06 vios??
** how many owners, better u be the 2nd owner. there are some 3-4owners.
low mileage. accident free, take not when is the timing belt/chain due service etc.....if its done recently then good, u could save a couple of $$$ there.

tires are in good condition, at least 70-80$ thread left.
seats are not worn out.
engine should be silent, check on the service records.

4) can suggest me oso good used car centre around klang valley??

har1th7

Apr 1, 2008
for no.1...

carry a fridge magnet while inspecting ur car, if let say the car has an accident, then surely got 'simen' ones, then the magnet would not stick to that spot... or the old method of knocking the panel u suspected...

for no.2...

if the use car permits, try open the door trim and inspect the inner for discoloring... if 'kena' flood, sure got marking ones, as this place is the last to wash...and try to ask for 'Full Service History/Record'...

for no.3...

just take the car for a short drive, make sure got mixture of straight (for straight line alignment) and corner road (for any sound)...

for no.3...

very hard to recommend, normally when people recommend one sure got commission, just window shop a few use car dealer, test drive, don't get push into making decision fast-fast one (all salesman will push you into buying the car)....

hachiroku clan

Oct 16, 2008
for number 1: u can also check the gaps between the body panels, especially the doors, bonet n boot..

k618i

Feb 17, 2011
hi all,
thanx so much for d info & feedback.. will use it as my references & guide to buy used car.. thanx again ya!!!.. :proud:

Dear All,

Clearence of our first model King Leopard.

Unit only RM500 (Usual price RM590)

Installation - RM150 (Standard price) if required

Please call us 012 518 0280 or 012 208 3843

Or email us at [email protected]

Pic

Note: Price is only for King Leopard (Black remote)