Any member drives Frontiers ??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Lee, I have stellar speaker set too planning to install myself in the front and back. No sub woofer lah~ cause after behind no space....Hehehehe

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
the box is behind the seats lah my friend...no space taken up at all...:) dont even see it until u open up the back seat...KAKAKA

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
harh? meaning its behind the back seat? oooo, can install woofer still wan ar?? hmm.. OI, why poison me laa~!!

btw, 12 inch can fit ar? heh heh heh, JVC 12" woofer looks nice lehh... hehehe... =þ

so the front speakers cannot move behind, then rugi la, my front still so new and the bass sounds good also for normal speakers, the lubang cannot mod to fit in the components ar??

ish, now im thinking, its either components or TT.... components or TT, if you were me how leh? hmm... oh yea, i if install components need to get amp anot leh? cause i scared if use amp, then if the car get muddy then amp kaputs leh... =(

and have anyone tried using a tube sub instead of conventional box sub? any good? can it fit in the front passanger's leg place there and cover it with carpet or rubber mangkuk ar? or using the normal subs like your setup like that better?

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
can, can fit...ehhehe...i fit 2 10 inch kickers some more, but 12 inch i dont think so la...haha...but 2 10 inch is more than enough to feel the kick..and the person siting up the backseat while u blast music gets a free ogawa massage..LOL! btw...it depends what kinda music u wanna listen to, coz if u put 2 behind your seat, then it'll definitely have to be a sealed box, and if u put only 1, then its an open box la..up to personal prefference, i listen to trance music most of the time, so i got the sealed box la...and...the amps are under the seats...wont kaput wan la...hhahaa...all cabling are done underneath the carpet as well...so..shouldnt be a problem...so far...i'm pretty happy with mine...and if u wanna mod the back doors to fit the front speakers, u might as well spend that money on better component...try the highest range kicker...that comes with a briefcase...LOL! awesome man...anyway...there's not much point to do SQ for our trucks as its too noisy to enjoy it...so..i went for LOUDness...LOL!!!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys, I'm planning just planning at this moment to upgrade the Frontier's performance. Not considering upgrading the turbo but can those original E6 turbo fit our trucks?

If I'm not upgrading the turbo just want to upgrade the air filter and exhaust system. How much would I gain from here? I know that Turbo cars can gain 15~20hp just by changing the air filter and exhaust system but that's for petrol cars but what about diesels? If I change the CAT and the muffler will it be noisy? I never saw a diesel trucks with modified exhaust system so don't know how it will sound.....any comments ?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
thought our car's performance is good enough already? im very happy with the FC im getting with this truck =) cant get the same with my ex ride tho...

hmm, yea, maybe i won't wanna get a woofer first, cause i still want to use the space at the back of the seat for my tools, so maybe a single woofer would do just fine... components i was thinking of mohawks, since its entry level and its cheap, butthen dunno wether can use for SPL settings anot la... i listen to a variety of musics, ranging from bing biang music to kenny g and other classical music, so a speaker which can produce clear sound would be good tho. but of course something which can have some good bass to it also la.. ahhaa, damn petty right me? lol, actually im alright with the setup now, just that it lacks tweeters so there is no clarity in the voices and stuff, thats the main reason why i wanna upgrade the front to comp sets and put the front speakers to the rear.... and bout the woofer, maybe later lo, cause that needs an amp to power it, the components not nessary to have an amp to power it...

hehe... maybe thursday i go check out an audio shop get some quotations from him first... =)

oh and bout the exhaust thing, yea, i also wondering wether got difference anot if you change the exhaust setups... i mean in terms of sound oni la, i love the power im getting now and the FC is good... ehhee... anyways to make our rides sounds abit more garang like those of the modded 4x4's?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hehehe.....just installed a new Blitz DTT DC2 multi function timer. It got 2 settings for timer and boost reading with peak boost memory and peak boost warning, other functions included was lap time and best lap time.

I saw my peak boost yesterday it was 1.03 Bar. Normal boost was 0.9 bar. Finally, i can know my boost already....Hehehe...now hand itchy for GFB boost controller.....:biggrin:

leeeejoe

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
hmmm...the cheapest way to get power for diesel truck, hence the easiest way is...NOS...LOL! of course air intake, exhaust and an ECU upgrade would be great..but..damn expensive coz everything has to be custom made...and..as for air intake, if its an open pod, and when u ram into a puddle of water, or in a river, could be dangerous.. thats what i was told when i wanted to do mine..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Here's the picture of the peak reading. It's in hkPa but equals to Bar.

1hkPa = 1 bar.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
oi, how come never wear seat belt??

ehhh, this one can read more things~!!! nicer than APEXI~!
actually what TT would be the best huh?id prefer something which can read volt, boost, and a TT also... ahaha... am i asking too much?
expensive anot leh?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Gavan, Hahaha~~I took the picture when the car was parked lah....:biggrin: This Blitz only cost RM380 only new unit. Don't have volt only lah~~

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ong, when is your warranty going to be over?:biggrin: