any ICE set for "trance music"?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mayguy

Mar 22, 2005
im looking spearker n head unit for trance music!but i duno how to do!any sifu can help?3k enough or not?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
maybe the SPL kakis can help, for 3k maybe can get a monoblock amp and few subs from prokick or mohawk, etc...

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
get a sub and put it in a ported box tuned 50hz above definitely suitable for trace / techno music. I dont know about HU for trance though.

mabe its good if you start with a budget

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
sealed box for subwoofers are not really recommended for trance bassy music (though I use them for multi purpose :cool:)
you want that thump for the music...

any decent HU would go for trance. Make sure tweeter are not too sharp as trance music do hit high notes and really make hearing a loss later on :tongue:

as for mids, 5" and above would be good as more bass can be fed in.

and the most importantly, power of juice... u'll need a loooooooootttt of 'em :canabis: else your car will suffer.

tuning a car for trance music is probably the easiest IMO that is :wink:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Erm.. Me is a trancer icer. No need SPL la bro. I assume you wanna listen to it in your car and not use for demo.

Sub woofer - 4ohm, 2ohm or 1ohm stable (Brands like Kicker, IDMax (hehe), Blaupunkt Velocity, etc)

Good comp set - Alpine Type-s / r or x, get something with clarity. You won't regret this because you'll be able to hear every single instrument that way

Good comp amp - Get something clean and around 75 RMS or more power. Amps like Helix Dark Blue, Orion HCCA, A/D/S/, Genesis Profile, etc

A monoblock or a effecient amp for your sub - Must be able to go 2ohm or 1ohm stable. Like the Orion HCCA 250 (800 watts 1ohm!!) or Orion XTR are perfect for this. Or Monoblocks like Genesis Dual Mono, Tagwood, US Amps, Rockford Fosgate, etc. Any amp that can go above 500 watts is really really perfect for sub usage.

HU - I personally prefer Clarion. Clear and warm. If Trance music is too sharp it tends to sound very harsh. Trance has very minimum vocal so you don't really need brightness. My opinion anyway.

All in all?
HU - RM800+
Comp set - RM500+
Comp amp - RM1000+
Sub woofer - RM400+
Sub Amp - RM1000+

I'm assuming you already have your wiring (RCA and speaker cables)

So that adds up to be about RM3700+. If you get 2nd hand off good (reliable) ICE-r folks or get good cheap bargains from people like MNKH, Bert, Appleyard, netken, CalvinHPK, etc you probably can fit in your RM3000 budget.

:D

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh.. 4awg or 6awg power cabling is more than enough. No need to go any larger than that. Get good RCAs and speaker cables though. I think MNKH dude (mike) has some pretty good deals on those Directed Audio wiring.

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
mnkh0027 said:
He never mention an amp or subwoofer ? just HU and speakers.
aik? takkan tak ada stock abang mikey :tongue: you kan dealer :biggrin::tongue::wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I bought a Teana 2.5 bcos a friend had an accident and told me he was 1ft from death. I thot it was a solid car. However, last Sunday, a Myvi rammed into the back( driver side) of my Teana. The Myvi only had a cracked headlight housing. To my horror, half my rear bumper was damaged as was the side panel of my boot and even the rear wheel housing. The cost of the damage to my car was about 20 times the cost of the damage to the Myvi. Of course my faith in my purported premier car is also...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience