AMS Performance Alpha 12 GT-R: World Record [email protected]

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
Hello everyone! I just finished piecing together our video footage of our very own shop AMS shop Alpha 12 R35 GT-R. We completed dyno tuning last Thursday and immediately took it to the track early the following day.

In the past few months, we've encountered limitations in the stock VR38 block in which it would fracture under high cylinder and boost pressure. Fortunately, we were able to develop a solution for this problem and are now able to run the vehicle at over 1300awhp even with 105F (40.5C) temperature in the dyno room.

Our Alpha 12 GT-R put on an amazing performance at the track considering the high humidity and DA of 2745. We were able to fire off around 10 or so low 9 sec passes over 160mph with a best pass of 9.052@166mph! On that pass, we were able to produce a 60-130mph time of 3.46 seconds! This would have probably improved even more if we had better traction. Tires were slipping through 4 gears with the track greasing up due to heat. Nonetheless, the numbers were impressive.

Although we improved the overall record for 1/4 mile and 60-130mph, we are still shooting for the very elusive 8 second 1/4 mile pass. With the car completely healthy, we hope to accomplish this some time soon.

Please watch the video below. You can see me filming and disappearing FAST in the rear-facing camera on the car towards the end :burnout:.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sgJp-hLOrNo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aHtzXCTV87c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JUST ADDED THIS SECOND VIDEO TO SHOW THE SPEEDOMETER READOUT 7/20/2011

Attachments

Last edited:

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aHtzXCTV87c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Joe_Mirage!

Here is a quick video with a TrackVision speedometer readout. Look closely at the speedo as you see it pulls all the way to the end!

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
If I'm correct Alpha 10 is 70k USD..so how much is this??

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
If I'm correct Alpha 10 is 70k USD..so how much is this??

The price has yet to be determined since parts (some major - some minor) have been going in and out of it after every test session. We haven't finished testing or unlocked the full potential of the Alpha 12 just yet.

To add, the Alpha 10 is a powerful package and versatile at the same time. The separation between the two in terms of capability must be there for either one to be successful. Pricing will be determined once we are completely satisfied with the 12's performance, reliability and a parts list is finalized.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone tell me which is is better.. which 1 is alot problem.. which 1 is nice.. and i wanna ask.. izzit GTO only 2 seat? and pls tell me the reason of problem.. thx~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience