AMP getting Hot.. Please ADVICE SIFU's

Dec 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
okay i have 8speakers in my car.. pair of each below all mohawk(silver n crystal). my AMP im using a mohawk silver 300.4channel. its getting very hot but the damm shop hu installed it is saying its normal. its way tooo hot then normal. please advice if i have to add another amp or go for a single amp that supports all the speakers.... thankkkk youu very much... help the newbie :itsme:

10MC-425 4'' 2-Way Coaxial Speaker
-Impendance: 4 Ohm
-Peak Power: 90 Watts Max

10MS-625 6.5'' 2-Way Coaxial Speaker
-Peak Power: 120 Watts Max

10MS-6.2 6.5'' Component Speaker System
-Peak Power: 240 Watts Max

10MC-693 6''x9'' 3-Way Coaxial Speaker
-Peak Power: 300 Watts Max

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If your wiring is correct and wired to 4ohm properly, and the amp isn't cutting off - it's fine la. Make sure the amp is properly ventilated so it doesn't overheat.

raizenraj

Dec 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
the amp doesnt cut off bro.. just the heating.. n its very hot.. some advice the amp is not powerful enuf to support 8speakers.. stil doin survey to get a nice n high perfomance amp.. thanx for the advice bro..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Personally I'd split it to 2 separate amps, but heat isn't a problem if well ventilated. Last time I used to have a Orion HCCA amp that could almost cook an egg on top of it. Can burn tangan if touch too long

raizenraj

Dec 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yea boss i tried to study bit of wiring whole night online.. kinda got the same idea to separate.. saw some diagram n got rough idea.. gona plug out 4 speakers n pasang back my another old amp for that.. would be sufficient for now... :rolleyes: if too desperate the i'l get the kicker zx650.4 super awesome.. thanx bro for the advice.. :shakehands:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
for a 4channel amp if me i would only put 4speakers max...

amp too hot maybe a sign of a heavily loaded amp....probably not to the limit..but might be very near of the limit....

but one simple solution would be DIY some small cooling fan which would help a lot.. (one of my fren go to extreme that he upgrade the power output of his amp including put additional cooling fan onto the modded amp built)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
dammm cooling fan sumore... modding amp... shud be a genius.. :top:
haha..

he is truly a hardcore DIY-ers...be it his car or his bike...everything also want to do custom part...

8voltpreout

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
Madagascar :-P
from your list of speakers. your amp is on 2 ohm mode all the time. Plus, all speaker are all under powered. Means:

Amp working too much power out but speaker getting not enough power in... In terms of long time.. Either one of your device will give up, either speakers / amplifier...

Think it like water system then you`ll understand....

Your car battery are your WATER DAM, alternator is your WATER PUMP, amplifier is your DISTRIBUTION WATER TANK + SECONDARY WATER PUMP, speakers are your WATER TAP. You do the math...

1 obvious question here.... How big is your Distribution Water Tank? Pressure enough?

P.S
Power cables & speaker wire are water pipes.

Last edited: