Am I Right?

dreamerf

Known Member
Sep 28, 2008
recently, i washed my car..
my car is only 1 year old so does the paint..
after washing, i dried.,
then i wax it with KIT Metallic Wax,,
i skipped the polish and claying..
is that ok?

is soft 99 is a polish thingy?
in other words, is soft 99 be used to polish cars?

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Basically, polish is to get the shine and wax is for protection. If you wax only, you can't expect your car to be ever-so glossy and if you polish only, your car would look glossy but it'll fade again since you don't have wax to protect the gloss.

Fortunately, most of the wax/polish sold are two or three-in-one products so you're able to clean/polish/protect using a single product. Just read the label, if it says polish/clean and protect, then you're safe. If it says to follow up with another product, then it's a good idea to do so.

There are different range of soft99. Again, read the label and follow the instructions. Search/read further on the steps in detailing and the advantages for each step. To put is as simply as I could, detailing basically, comprises of the following steps:
1. Wash - to remove loose contaminants
2. Clay - to remove embedded/stuck contaminants
3. Polish - to remove defects, e.g. swirls, water marks, etching, etc. and bring back the shine/gloss.
4. Wax/Seal - to protect the shine/gloss.

Feel free to ask away if there's any other q's ......

Regards.

Lilseoul

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
Couldn't have said it any better Kris, If your looking for a really smooth surface after waxing, then you should clay your car. But if its just for the sake of protecting your cars finish, then just wax away.

raymond

Known Member
May 19, 2004
Visit site
try something new,
bring your car to detailing center. they will do a better job, as they have the machine.

:)

you will save the hassle of works, as well as.... you don't use the product once then never use it again..

chinese say , " new toilet, 3 days smell good.."

but i sure that there are some product outside can provide u a polish and a wax.

soft99 - blue color bottle
- to polish, it act as a cleaner

wax - any kind ...

but your polish wont be as shine as others, becoz... u have no machine dude.. pressure uneven, as well as... no strength.

my kind advise... go find a detailing center, you will get your result.

from
Raymond
Raydiance Sdn Bhd
http://www.raydiance.com.my

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
its actually up to you, there is nuting wrong with your way.... some think is just fine, some think you are totally wasting your time.....

i think it matter the most, it achieve what you wan... not what we want... :rofl:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
for a quick job i reccomend you was the car then have some car wash liquid in a spray bottle. Use a clar bar constantly spraying on the body as you clay. once done rinse off then wax.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
soft99 has 2 type
the blue packing is for solid color and the silver pack is for metallic.
its polish and wax....so kinda easy to apply.

SP|D3RMaN

Known Member
Nov 11, 2008
aedetailers.multiply.com
It's better to clay first before applying wax/sealant to the paint.
Why should you ask?

Well, first and foremost, embedded dirts/contaminants are not easily removed from the paint just by washing alone. Unless you have some heavy duty chemicals that can clean as it goes, it's not healthy either for the paint by removing precious oils from the paint itself. Sooner or later, you'll kill your paint.

By using wax/sealant on a dirty paint, wouldn't you be sealing in the dirt together in the paint? :rolleyes: That is why, it's best to clay first. Furthermore, some wax/sealant come with slightly stronger solvent. This could mainly be found in hard wax. This solvent would also help to removed embedded dirts and so on. Now, why would you need claying if the solvent in the wax already helps you? Ask yourself this. Where did the embedded dirt goes too? Directly to your applicator pad. So, what are you doing with a contaminated pad? Continue applying wax? And what has happen? You are unknowingly scratching your paint surface.

By claying, you remove almost all kind of dirts/contaminants. Unless your paint is porous (something that OEM Solid White would have), clay would almost leave your paint ready for wax/sealant. If you wash your car yourself, it's best to start a routine where you can incorporated claying activities into it. For example,1st week, 2 left doors , 2nd week, 2 right doors , 3rd week, front portion of the vehicle, 4th week back portion of the vehicle and etc etc. Just so that you can maintain a clean ride.

Find a wax that has very good durability to protect your paint from our 'friendly' weather. There are lots of wax/sealant in the market right now. So do some research before you splurge your hard earn money into it. Read up on user-reviews is the most important feedback you can get.

End of the day, it's your car, it's your money. Be Wise.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Use Aluminium foils.

Crunch it up and wrap it up. Use thick wire to hold it in place.

I found that my acceleration is faster at high speed 100kmh++ after put the wrap.
Before that, after fast edi, acceleration is slow and need to rev quite high to get desired power. now is more smooth.

Here is how mine looks like:

Alternatively, if u got money its better u buy the real thermal...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience