4G92 Mivec Gearbox code? is this right?

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Hi to all,

I'm just wondering if this is the right gearbox code for 4G92 Mivec. I do believe the code is unique but...need you guys to advice on this,

This is what i got,

F5M222RRKE
VC8520

I'm in da midst of engine transplant and all, just to ensure the workshop guy putting the correct one as I'm intended to put LSD in the future, does this gb support?or is this the right one?

Just to avoid from getting conned! hehe ;-)

cheers

kambingcool

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
mine is F5M222XRGE and its LSD GBox...
about ut Gbox support LSD maybe sifu can answer Hehehe :driver:

MatLia

Known Member
Jul 17, 2007
Hai buddy...

Why u one to swap the LSD some other time. Why not juz get gearbox with LSD. Somemore Mivec LSD now hard to find.

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Hi MatLia,

Cheers for the update, its all because of the pomen, he's taking own sweet time :banghead: to transplant me engine, and all i want is him to fix it properly and the wiring so me can get the car out of his workshop, :driver: so in the future will fix the LSD, so long the gearbox support then i will be fine...

*But the gearbox code as above, does it support LSD? or all Mivec gearbox does support it no matter what code?

Cheers

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Hi Yee,

Cheers for the info and the pic,
Very well great indeed!! :wavey:

me code is:F5M222-RRKE
this gb not with LSD but, im tend to fix the LSD in the future,
just need to know if this is compatible?
also the pomen said this is 4g93 1.8 gb! but does it go along with 4g92 1.6 mivec?
will i get the top speed and pick up?

cheers:driver:

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
modesto007: yeah the 1.8 gb is compatible with ur mivec engine, cos it's from the same- 4G9x series family. Besides, i believe there are some after market LSD available for sale(try to ask around) in kl. Mivec gb has a shorter ratio (good in acceleration) while 4g93 gb has longer ratio(higher top speed).

I think if u ask around the mivec owners here, they would encourage u to go for a mivec gb :P

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks alot Yee,

But, is this 1.8gb doesn't belong to MIVEC? or its a generic ones?
If i stick if this gb and in the future fix the LSD and PNP ...that's gonna make big difference right?
I mean acceleration and top speed? :driver:

Oh yeah of course the exhaust pipe/plug cable/air filter gonna play some role here too!!

cheers

MatLia

Known Member
Jul 17, 2007
Emmm...Mivec for mirage juz come with 1.6 but not 1.8. What mivec owner's always do to make it more power is do the hybrid (Mivec head + 4g93 block). I didn't know much about swaping the 1.8 gearbox is reliable. But what i can say here, Mivec Engine with her gearbox is fantastic my fren, absolutely working in harmony.

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks MatLia,
Everyone been really great help here..!! kudos!
i just test drive me car last night....blooody awesome i tell ya !! hehe :driver: 0-160 sap sap sui!!
hehe mives is da mivec...

need some good clean,then bodykits...then paint job..! i will upload once all completed to perfecto...

cheers

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Mivec gearbox is built for pickup, in another word short ratio with high RPM. If you compare to stock SGti, Putra, Wira 1.8 gearbox ...there is a big diffferent...0-160 might each to hit but after that the ratio 'slow' down edi...:biggrin:

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Who knows where to get the gearbox code on the gearbox? Or, maybe who knows what my gearbox code is? My car is Satria 1.6 year 1996. Please2..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For the first time ever, the largest gathering of Ducati riders in Asia will be congregating in Malaysia for the Asia Ducati Week 2010 that will see over 500 of the Italian two-wheelers gather at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC) for the upcoming MotoGP race...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience