how about waja good or not good

how about performance
how about modification can put 1.8 turbo
how about exterior

hope all the sifu can guide me please

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
i drive a waja...so definitely i'll say its good :P hehehhee....but dun expect too much performance out of the stock car...its a rm60+k malaysian made car....so...just dun expect too much ler. modification wise....if RM is not a major concern to you....then i think wat car u buy also no probs in modification :) and yes, the waja can fit in a 1.8 turbo which is the 4G93T 1.8 GSR. from the 1996 lancer GSR onwards. exterior....i saw the c-west bodykit few days ago and it looked kinda nice...hehhehe

navin007

Mar 14, 2005
u wanna buy waja ah?
i drive one also..fc quite good..mine is manual..stock engine but with custom bodykit la..
if wanna mod, can use evo 4 and above engine la..coz the mounting same..

one problem with waja - the power window braket..so don't always wind down ur window..

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
navin007 said:
u wanna buy waja ah?
i drive one also..fc quite good..mine is manual..stock engine but with custom bodykit la..
if wanna mod, can use evo 4 and above engine la..coz the mounting same..

one problem with waja - the power window braket..so don't always wind down ur window..
Dude,

Im looking for Waja oso, my fmly members got total, 3 wajas, all like same problem only,.Thinking whether wana take that or not. Anything we cant do that ha, like wira we can use Lancer's, WAJA as far i know only the D/board can use the V6 Mivec Mirage is it? this one looks nice and perfect, how abt the door trim,the windows bracket.

C

cbljkkj

If you guys interested in Waja bodykits you guys should check out Redzone at Puchong Perdana.Went there last week to check out some stuff with my Kelisa TT and saw a mean looking Waja Evo7 bodykit.

Looks really good from the front.I was never interested in modding my Waja but when i saw the bodykit i was like Waaa Nice man..LOL

A standard Waja is quite fast IMHO. Best was going to KLIA.Remember pushing my car to 220 kmph.Steering shaking like the whole world has gone mad but it was great.

4G93T 1.8 GSR should be good but if looking for turbo try Evo3 and onwards.Preferably Evo4 onwards recommended.Love the engine bay! So much place to cram goodies better than my Kelisa engine bay

navin007

Mar 14, 2005
Rekalo said:
Dude,

Im looking for Waja oso, my fmly members got total, 3 wajas, all like same problem only,.Thinking whether wana take that or not. Anything we cant do that ha, like wira we can use Lancer's, WAJA as far i know only the D/board can use the V6 Mivec Mirage is it? this one looks nice and perfect, how abt the door trim,the windows bracket.
Rekalo,

i use to drive a wira, any prob wit any part, i'll change it to mitsu parts, after that no prob at all.
But waja, only the engine is MMC, all the others are Malaysian design. I'm not too sure abt the dashboard, as far as bodykit, mine is custom made la..don't think u can see many around KL with this bodykit. Other than that, brakes can be changed to VR4 twin pot without mod.
as for ur power window bracket, have to get back the ori wan la..cost abt 280 - imitation and 380 - original

Last edited:

desmond937

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
the new batch of waja has improved alot, at least the power window not easily spoilt like last time........woth to think of it if space is crucial.

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
hey waja owners..

have a question here. how do i set the clock on the meter clusters ?? is there anyway i can set it ?

and talking about waja conversions, only evo 4 and above engines n dashes can fit the car. besides that, u can also opt for the newer mitsu engines namely the latest GDI engines N/A or turbocharged last but not least, the FTO engine and its dash will fit.

navin007

Mar 14, 2005
the clock?? hehe..just press and hold the trip meter pin till the clock display starts flashing. The hour panel will flash first. U can set it by pressing the same pin till u find the desired hour. Then leave the pin and wait for the minute part to display..set it the same as u set the hour display.

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
thanks dude !!

samson_cck

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
mine too, when drive about 100 or when rpm is about 5k above will hear some sounc from dashboad, but no idea what to do with it. sound like command for waja have this kind of problem

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi guys,

Need some help since this topic for Waja.
Is it possible for me to use/direct swap the EVO8MR (Bilstein) Suspension into my Waja.

Kindly advice me & thanks in advance.

viper5965

Known Member
Oct 6, 2007
Hi guys,

Need some help since this topic for Waja.
Is it possible for me to use/direct swap the EVO8MR (Bilstein) Suspension into my Waja.

Kindly advice me & thanks in advance.
i think for front susp. can direct swap coz e4-6 can plug n play for front susp. but for rear suspension cannot.

zeuscc

Jan 11, 2009
Hi guys,

Since you guys are discussing waja, i also facing a problem and dump spent a lot of money to resolve it but failed...

My problem is when my car across over the sharp bump or hole, I can heard the sound "klock klock" clearly and feeling abit shaking on the steering.

Are you guys having this problem before? FYI, I've changed the absorber, all the bush including the steering bush and engine mounting.

Oh ya, I've changed the spring to APM sport spring (lowered type)..

Kindly comment.. thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well i had this great idea for my self and i was wandering is the right way to mod the car..
I'm thinking of getting a Putra and change:
-Engine= Vr4
-Add turbo= (unknow)
-Intercooler= (blur)
-Body kit
-Face lift
-Spary paint
-If have extra ICE

Im having problem with:
-Finding the right turbo/right brand
-Making the right mod for the engine example= Tuining the engine the just right ect.
-Getting the right intercooler example the right brand
-The place for a very good paint...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience