Air Filter Installation

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
no!!!
do not take out your battery cable...
u can start the car after that but u have to put ur feet always at the pedal..the timing will come too low and the engine will mati when u r into clutch to get into the next gear.

yes this is the way how u reset the ECU but make sure u know which screw to adjust after replacing the battery cable. then go to the nearest workshop and ask them for a good and stable engine tune.

Good luck dudes!!

Wow its getting confusing as there is no definite solution
Is it easy to change the filter by myself?
DIY
Wira 1.5 (Auto) Fuel injection
Isee all of u talking bout carburetor
But how bout fuel injection?

Excuse me guys, i'm sorry 4 cutting in like dis. there's sumthing i wanna ask.

sometime ago, i installed a cone air filter with an 'elbow' piping on my saga's
4g13p. then, the next day in the morning, when i tried to start the engine, it cannot start. but when i remove the air filter, it started easily. then the day after that,the same thing happen.cannot start.when i put back on my stock airfilter, the engine can start.
then i went to change the batteries. only after dat, i hv to problem starting the engine in the morning with my aftermarket air filter.

can any1 explain dis? it is as if my aftermarket air filter is restricting air into my carb.

4give me 4 my dumb question. still a new in car mods..

protonburuk said:

4g13p. then, the next day in the morning, when i tried to start the engine, it cannot start. but when i remove the air filter, it started easily. then the day after that,the same thing happen.cannot start.when i put back on my stock airfilter, the engine can start.
then i went to change the batteries. only after dat, i hv to problem starting the engine in the morning with my aftermarket air filter.

can any1 explain dis? it is as if my aftermarket air filter is restricting air into my carb.

u havent revealed the brand of ur "aftermarket" airfilter and where u bought it from.. .:biggrin:

protonburuk said:

same problem to me.....LMST 4g13p.....open port apexi.....everytime start car need 2 times.......1st time.....eehhhkkkk suck abit air then mati engine.......2nd time eehhhkkkk......bbbrrr brrrrr.......shake la....then faster press gas pedal give the air flow smooth liao...then ok liao

and LISTEN HERE.......i never put extension air ram longer also......and i wonder those people extend with the air ram.......how they start their car? lol

something to add......my problem just start engine 2 times when engine totally cold like overnight next day......not serious until cannot start engine need replace back stock filter siput box lo......

i wonder if K&N drop in will like this also or not? i think probably not because drop in straight direct put on top only.

My car is LMST.... air filter is K&N (original replacement)... no 2 times start car condition come out in morning....

But when car just stop or engine still warm... if wan start again ... need try 2 times or more...

I ask my mechanic... he said it's bcoz.. petrol still at oil bump(i not so sure wat my fren said:_: )... and ask me try holding accelator(before start car)... and release it or another way is before stop car let engine idle run few minutes...

I can feel start car become easy....

I dont know it is same condition gohkokeng & protonburuk mention.. pardon me.. if any wrong...

tuckz said:
Wow its getting confusing as there is no definite solution
Is it easy to change the filter by myself?
DIY
Wira 1.5 (Auto) Fuel injection
Isee all of u talking bout carburetor
But how bout fuel injection?

fuel-injection air filter oso easy to change ma....juz tat need to pull harder....u know where is yr air filter box...the black colour square box.....release the 2 clip there.....then tarik out the box abit....then take out the filter

tylaxng said:
My car is LMST.... air filter is K&N (original replacement)... no 2 times start car condition come out in morning....

But when car just stop or engine still warm... if wan start again ... need try 2 times or more...

I ask my mechanic... he said it's bcoz.. petrol still at oil bump(i not so sure wat my fren said:_: )... and ask me try holding accelator(before start car)... and release it or another way is before stop car let engine idle run few minutes...

I can feel start car become easy....

I dont know it is same condition gohkokeng & protonburuk mention.. pardon me.. if any wrong...

your K&N filter is it drop in type? round circle 1?

tylaxng said:
yup.. round type (stock filter replacement)... RM280....

K&N filter Link

WTF?!!!!!!! so expensive ah

even kakimotor famous of expensive 1 only RM219

that K&N round filter fit Saga 1.3L 12V Carburetor

and last time i asked 1 shop i think is about RM160 only

Last edited:
gohkokeng said:
WTF?!!!!!!! so expensive ah

even kakimotor famous of expensive 1 only RM219

that K&N round filter fit Saga 1.3L 12V Carburetor

and last time i asked 1 shop i think is about RM160 only

please state the name of the 1 shop u heard of that quoted u RM160 for a NEW round drop-in K&N filter for Saga 12V , as i bought my drop-in filter cheapest also RM230 , new one.

REDLINE MOTORSPORT
No. 8 Jalan Awan Hijau, Overseas Union garden,
58200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel 03-7981 4923

for your knowledge
i mentioned somewhere in duno what topic that i get my WHOLE apexi open port air filter just for RM260 which include as below:

12V Carburetor intake pipe
Apexi power itake (dual funnel)
Apexi 3 inch adapter
rubber with 2 rings bracket

kakimotor Apexi filter alone only already RM220
and RM40 for all those.........lol so u guys say cheap or not lo.......i get my RM260 set at there also :~D

lol u guys can call them up and ask

after that post here is it true or not

cause if not wrong and i still remember la

he quote me something RM160

K&N round filter ma....1.3 12v Carburetor...purple color filter element

i duno included the oil or not.....that oil RM10 if i am not wrong again....hahaha

cause last time was surveying price about filters

get liao apexi open port then all lazy to remember already......

purple color filter element? wat is this?

i ask many car accessory at penang.... all quote me > RM300....

this one i get at mlk....

expensive... but i feel ok la... at least can feel performance increase....

Apexi red color
HKS green color
K&N purple color

so get i what meant? haha

i asked the kakimotor there 1 is in Mid Valley 1 RM219

there are cases of ppl selling imitation K&N filters out there.. so juz beware la.

about Redline Motorsports, i wun comment coz im not sure..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom