Air Filter Installation

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
wun la ...... i got 2 fren also like this change oledi one no need do anything after 1 or 2 day the ECU stable back oledi ..... but one more he wan fast effect so he reset the ECU la ..... i think wun be a problem la ..... bro cfpang call me bro la u call me mr. like i`m 20 yrs older than u ..... haha ....... what car u driving what ECU ...... lemme go find out first .....

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
if you want to tune a/f ratio for carbie, you need a special o2 sensor tools and put inside your exhaust tip. that's the only way to get the correct a/f ratio. most mech got this a/f ratio box tools. did this to my charade aura and the engine feels a lot smoother and f/c seems to be good...

cfpang

Aug 24, 2005
PJ
bro edwin sorry to call u mr..haha... i also not sure what brand is that ECU...im driving wira aeroback 1.5 special edition(manual) year 2004......

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
wah..must put o2 sensor in exhaust all ah.i think ur talking bout newer cars lah cuz my mazda 626 1980 model never done b4 like that..i sumtimes play with the carby and adjust myself..i turn the screw until my rpm reaches around 1k..then i on the air cond and lights..if drop too much then i turn screw some more lah.my carby got 2 screws...one for the A/F ratio and the other one for idling i guess..i just tune till im satisfied with the sound and engine vibration lah..but i got question here la..my idling always like nyawa-nyama ikan onli..idling for 30 - 40 secs ok thenn suddenly like wanna die like that for a second..then back to normal..this keeps repeating every 30 - 40 secs..im suspecting that my battery cannot give enough power to the coil lah..any ideas pls..thanks..wah i write so long oredi ah..damn..hehehe.
G.

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
no!!!
do not take out your battery cable...
u can start the car after that but u have to put ur feet always at the pedal..the timing will come too low and the engine will mati when u r into clutch to get into the next gear.

yes this is the way how u reset the ECU but make sure u know which screw to adjust after replacing the battery cable. then go to the nearest workshop and ask them for a good and stable engine tune.

Good luck dudes!!

tuckz

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
Wow its getting confusing as there is no definite solution
Is it easy to change the filter by myself?
DIY
Wira 1.5 (Auto) Fuel injection
Isee all of u talking bout carburetor
But how bout fuel injection?

protonburuk

Known Member
Apr 4, 2006
Excuse me guys, i'm sorry 4 cutting in like dis. there's sumthing i wanna ask.

sometime ago, i installed a cone air filter with an 'elbow' piping on my saga's
4g13p. then, the next day in the morning, when i tried to start the engine, it cannot start. but when i remove the air filter, it started easily. then the day after that,the same thing happen.cannot start.when i put back on my stock airfilter, the engine can start.
then i went to change the batteries. only after dat, i hv to problem starting the engine in the morning with my aftermarket air filter.

can any1 explain dis? it is as if my aftermarket air filter is restricting air into my carb.

4give me 4 my dumb question. still a new in car mods..

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
protonburuk said:

4g13p. then, the next day in the morning, when i tried to start the engine, it cannot start. but when i remove the air filter, it started easily. then the day after that,the same thing happen.cannot start.when i put back on my stock airfilter, the engine can start.
then i went to change the batteries. only after dat, i hv to problem starting the engine in the morning with my aftermarket air filter.

can any1 explain dis? it is as if my aftermarket air filter is restricting air into my carb.

u havent revealed the brand of ur "aftermarket" airfilter and where u bought it from.. .:biggrin:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
protonburuk said:

same problem to me.....LMST 4g13p.....open port apexi.....everytime start car need 2 times.......1st time.....eehhhkkkk suck abit air then mati engine.......2nd time eehhhkkkk......bbbrrr brrrrr.......shake la....then faster press gas pedal give the air flow smooth liao...then ok liao

and LISTEN HERE.......i never put extension air ram longer also......and i wonder those people extend with the air ram.......how they start their car? lol

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
something to add......my problem just start engine 2 times when engine totally cold like overnight next day......not serious until cannot start engine need replace back stock filter siput box lo......

i wonder if K&N drop in will like this also or not? i think probably not because drop in straight direct put on top only.

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
My car is LMST.... air filter is K&N (original replacement)... no 2 times start car condition come out in morning....

But when car just stop or engine still warm... if wan start again ... need try 2 times or more...

I ask my mechanic... he said it's bcoz.. petrol still at oil bump(i not so sure wat my fren said:_: )... and ask me try holding accelator(before start car)... and release it or another way is before stop car let engine idle run few minutes...

I can feel start car become easy....

I dont know it is same condition gohkokeng & protonburuk mention.. pardon me.. if any wrong...

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
tuckz said:
Wow its getting confusing as there is no definite solution
Is it easy to change the filter by myself?
DIY
Wira 1.5 (Auto) Fuel injection
Isee all of u talking bout carburetor
But how bout fuel injection?
fuel-injection air filter oso easy to change ma....juz tat need to pull harder....u know where is yr air filter box...the black colour square box.....release the 2 clip there.....then tarik out the box abit....then take out the filter

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
tylaxng said:
My car is LMST.... air filter is K&N (original replacement)... no 2 times start car condition come out in morning....

But when car just stop or engine still warm... if wan start again ... need try 2 times or more...

I ask my mechanic... he said it's bcoz.. petrol still at oil bump(i not so sure wat my fren said:_: )... and ask me try holding accelator(before start car)... and release it or another way is before stop car let engine idle run few minutes...

I can feel start car become easy....

I dont know it is same condition gohkokeng & protonburuk mention.. pardon me.. if any wrong...
your K&N filter is it drop in type? round circle 1?

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
LMST is saga ma.....carbie....so is the round type ler

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have evo3 halfcut n i want who have experience put in perdana.how much mechanic charge for it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience