AE111 Dashboard removal inquiry

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
I wanted to remove the dashboard but I just want to ask first is it true that once you remove the whole dashboard the steering wheel will fall off?

Thanks.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
hahhahaha, thanks!!!! It has been a boring day before Oct_1st China national day holiday, everything is quiet in HK plus the protests, some can't go to work, can't go to school, etc.

You sure you're gearspeed motorsport? not the owner's son or daughter? Good impressionist of your children though :).

I wanted to remove the dashboard but I just want to ask first is it true that once you remove the whole dashboard the steering wheel will fall off?

Thanks.

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
The reason I ask because the not sponsored shop told us that the steering will fall off and needed to have a long bar for the steering wheel.
I haven't seen any AE111 who doesn't have a dashboard here in the Philippines.
We are the ones who supply the aftermarket parts and OEM parts for our race car.The mechanics here who specialize in performance are rare because some went overseas already.Some just transfer from one shop to the another.Most of them specialize in honda and rarely on toyotas.Only a few does toyotas here.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The steering wheel is not connected to the dashboard. Doesn't matter what car - it's not connected. You take out the dashboard I can 100% guarantee it will not fall off. You disconnect the steering column, then yes - the steering wheel will fall off.

I strongly suggest you don't pursue those sponsored shops as sponsors because they're complete idiots if they think removing the dashboard will make the steering drop off. That "long bar" is most likely the steering column and it's not connected to the dashboard unless you remove it together with the dash.

GearSpeedKelvo

Known Member
Aug 5, 2012
Philippines
We already removed the whole dashboard and there is a long bar.
The not sponsored shop was probably discouraging me from removing.it.lolz.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i been going thou the e-manage menu for tat....oni for 2AZ-FE i think 2AZ-FE is 2.4V, any camry owner out there pasang e-manage(blue)
kindly help .thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience