Advice for kancil upgrade

Feb 14, 2013
BRUNEI
Hello everyone

one of my friend wants to upgrade his current kancil EZ auto from sohc 800cc( i think) to kelisa/coure EJDE engine. so can you guys give me some advice/tips what can we change/replace in the kancil to make the engine fit

can we reuse the kancil mounts?
is the old gearbox really suited for the EJDE in terms of reliability and peformance?
what are the downside and problems faced for this swap?
is kelisa gearbox is more better than the old kancil gearbox? will it fit the chassis or does it need to modified to fit the chassis?
this type of swap can give additional problems, handling, comfort of the old kancil? what can be done to fix the problem?
finally is there any major problems for the kelisa engine and auto gearbox after years of driving?

our JPD here in brunei only allowed to replace the engine with similar displacement. his kancil only allowed to be upgrade to 1000 cc only. his plans is to upgrade his engine for comfort and relability. easy for going uphills with full passengers, fuel saving and low maintenence

any help is appriciated, thanks :)

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
AFAIK, it will be an easy fit for the engine with no mods necessary. its the gearbox that i'm not sure. sure you can use back the old Kancil EZ gearbox, but truth be told your FC will be horrible since Kancil only have 3speed ratio

easier if swap to kancil's 850cc manual trans...

performance? your friend will feel the different. SOHC carb vs DOHC EFI and with added displacement, the torque is also higher...

reliable? all perodua/daihatsu are quite reliable IMHO

but, wait for other kancil's kaki to give their 2 sen first before making a judgement

Hello everyone

one of my friend wants to upgrade his current kancil EZ auto from sohc 800cc( i think) to kelisa/coure EJDE engine. so can you guys give me some advice/tips what can we change/replace in the kancil to make the engine fit

can we reuse the kancil mounts?
is the old gearbox really suited for the EJDE in terms of reliability and peformance?
what are the downside and problems faced for this swap?
is kelisa gearbox is more better than the old kancil gearbox? will it fit the chassis or does it need to modified to fit the chassis?
this type of swap can give additional problems, handling, comfort of the old kancil? what can be done to fix the problem?
finally is there any major problems for the kelisa engine and auto gearbox after years of driving?

our JPD here in brunei only allowed to replace the engine with similar displacement. his kancil only allowed to be upgrade to 1000 cc only. his plans is to upgrade his engine for comfort and relability. easy for going uphills with full passengers, fuel saving and low maintenence

any help is appriciated, thanks :)