Adjusting the tappet

BlueG

Known Member
Dear all kronis,

I have adjusted my tappet. The pomen said he set the cam to 60. Now I can feel that my car got more torque. However in neutral mode, my car sound like using the high cam. Is it normal kaaa? If bawak slow the car feel like want to die ....

Second question is, I have made a comparisan to an original B16a water pum which is made by KEIHIN Japan, and another one is the local one. Diferrences is that the original Japan spinning very well, and the local one is spinning quit heavy. Now the question, actually I have ter"changed it to a local one. Problem is my car now got sound. And after a few checking, I really sure that it's coming from that water pump .... Is is normal kaaaa??? coz somebody have told me that local made bearing in local made water pump will give a sound in the earlier usage and the sound will disspear after 2 or 3 weeks ...... Ada betul kaaa???

Sifus alll .... help laaa.... Kung Fu sifu also canlah ... :D

i dunno but... for the mechanical engine parts, i would always use original Honda parts :D

how i wish i can changed all the mechanical stuffs to original HONDA stuff whenever they make problems... but sometimes first thing first. from my opinion those important stuff like water pump, timing belts, all beltings, radiator hoses, should be original stuff. but you know lah these days all can imitate one.

so blueG, ask back your friend where the heck he bought the keihin waterpump for that superb price.and double triple check if the item is the real stuff.

touch wood my water pump although made in taiwan has served me well for the past 3 years.

helloo bro...BlueG.... mine tell me how muchies they charged you for adjusting your car teppet....and where you do it..... how long they take to settled it??? Almost a day??

avantasia said:
RM30 to RM45 and it takes 2 hours max ;)

Yup, that's the correct price. I've done it in Taman Nirwana Ampang. We need to adjust the tappet when change the timing belt or when adjust it (according to my pomen lah) coz the setting sudah lari. And one more thing is when your tappet is giving a loud sound like mine. After adjust it my engine sound more quite ... And the main reason is to give more power lah ...

But my pomen also told me, after 4 or 5 months the setting will be back to normal, so during that time ... merembatlah sesuka hati ...until your wallet nipis to isi the fuel ...mauahaha....

BlueG said:
Yup, that's the correct price. I've done it in Taman Nirwana Ampang. We need to adjust the tappet when change the timing belt or when adjust it (according to my pomen lah) coz the setting sudah lari. And one more thing is when your tappet is giving a loud sound like mine. After adjust it my engine sound more quite ... And the main reason is to give more power lah ...

But my pomen also told me, after 4 or 5 months the setting will be back to normal, so during that time ... merembatlah sesuka hati ...until your wallet nipis to isi the fuel ...mauahaha....

Taman Nirwana Ampang.....B Work Auto ker???

parimus said:
Taman Nirwana Ampang.....B Work Auto ker???

Nope, but another shop. That B Work Auto is ok, Last time I have done the tuning there and results is very cun but servis quite lembap or can be considered as kedai Kawan-kawan only. Tukar minyak gearbox pun sampai 4 jam ....

BlueG said:
Nope, but another shop. That B Work Auto is ok, Last time I have done the tuning there and results is very cun but servis quite lembap or can be considered as kedai Kawan-kawan only. Tukar minyak gearbox pun sampai 4 jam ....

"kedai Kawan-kawan only"......hemmm i think so :) hehehe

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom