ADC

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Hi guys, I have a 1995 Ad Resort and I'm thinking of transplanting an SR20DET from a Pulsar. I think 1 or 2 ppl in Malaysia have done this mod before. Any advice or things I should be careful?

Another thing is that the car may be undrivable cause the front of the car may be too heavy. Anyone willing to share their experience here?

popofufu

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
dear all... i looking for original full set ADResort carpet.. (if got black color wan more perfect) pls PM me ur best price with shipping cost. thanks everyones

imoloq... nice ride u have dude, cool & neat! waaaa...ADR convert to sr20det engine (MONSTER), but if need to send for jpj to approval may be really tricky unless u money many many have lah. of cos will be heavy at the front of ride.... u can upgrade the suspension either or use back the ori suspension from the halfcut whatsoever.

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
imoloq said:
Hi guys, I have a 1995 Ad Resort and I'm thinking of transplanting an SR20DET from a Pulsar. I think 1 or 2 ppl in Malaysia have done this mod before. Any advice or things I should be careful?

Another thing is that the car may be undrivable cause the front of the car may be too heavy. Anyone willing to share their experience here?
hi there , i dun owned an sr20det, but i wlould like to give opinions.......
1st of all, not onli 1 or 2 but there are alots of adr owners did this conversion as i know. but it doesnt matter. ok lets get back to the topic.....

actually sr20 engine is a very realiable engine.but make sure is u are going to up boost ur ca, make sure u do it in the proper way. use boost controller , n make sure ur fuel sys supplies enough fuel for the sys. to get the best results, do rebuilt ur turbine to get the best performance. safc might help ur car setting as well.......

the car undriveable ?? too heavy ?? i dun understand ?? if ur getting a pulsar halfcut , then y not u use the pulsar suspension sys ?? if ur using it , ten it should b ok ( correct me if wrong ). pls make it clear , i am blur ......:confused_smile:

hope to hear from u soon

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
popofufu said:
dear all... i looking for original full set ADResort carpet.. (if got black color wan more perfect) pls PM me ur best price with shipping cost. thanks everyones

imoloq... nice ride u have dude, cool & neat! waaaa...ADR convert to sr20det engine (MONSTER), but if need to send for jpj to approval may be really tricky unless u money many many have lah. of cos will be heavy at the front of ride.... u can upgrade the suspension either or use back the ori suspension from the halfcut whatsoever.
Thanks for the comments. JPJ approval should be no problem since many people have done the mod already. Yeah, maybe I will use back the suspension from the halfcut.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
julie2121 said:
hi there , i dun owned an sr20det, but i wlould like to give opinions.......
1st of all, not onli 1 or 2 but there are alots of adr owners did this conversion as i know. but it doesnt matter. ok lets get back to the topic.....

actually sr20 engine is a very realiable engine.but make sure is u are going to up boost ur ca, make sure u do it in the proper way. use boost controller , n make sure ur fuel sys supplies enough fuel for the sys. to get the best results, do rebuilt ur turbine to get the best performance. safc might help ur car setting as well.......

the car undriveable ?? too heavy ?? i dun understand ?? if ur getting a pulsar halfcut , then y not u use the pulsar suspension sys ?? if ur using it , ten it should b ok ( correct me if wrong ). pls make it clear , i am blur ......:confused_smile:

hope to hear from u soon
Wah that means there's lots of ADR monsters around wor!

Yes I've seen a Sentra B14 converted to SR20DET using back the suspension of the Pulsar halfcut so most likely I'm going to do that. But will the Pulsar suspension fit the ADR? If need custom work then the cost will be higher.

Why I say it's undrivable. Cause a long time ago I wanted to change to SR20DET already but my mechanic advised me not to cause the weight of the engine will cause it to be too nose-heavy and thus hard to control. Maybe will understeer a lot too....

Thanks for the tips

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
For better control, change your rims to 16" and 60 series tyres... sure full control of your car PLUS comfort too ! ;)

Just my few cents..

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
imoloq said:
Wah that means there's lots of ADR monsters around wor!

Yes I've seen a Sentra B14 converted to SR20DET using back the suspension of the Pulsar halfcut so most likely I'm going to do that. But will the Pulsar suspension fit the ADR? If need custom work then the cost will be higher.

Why I say it's undrivable. Cause a long time ago I wanted to change to SR20DET already but my mechanic advised me not to cause the weight of the engine will cause it to be too nose-heavy and thus hard to control. Maybe will understeer a lot too....

Thanks for the tips
ok , now i know wat u mean. for the rear suspension u need to put some $$ to custom the absorber n the coil. small matter onli.

if the engine cause u weight , to overcome it just install the suspension sys from the half n ur problem is solve. if u say the nose is heavy then the engineers from japan is useless. no worries , i think u should install the suspension system from the halfcut first. if u think is not too suitable then look for adjustable absorbers.

hard to control ............if the engine is too heavy with low horsepower the car will b for sure hard to control. now ur car is about 200++hp and u need a better suspension sys (performance) so that u can control the car.

i realy recommend sr20det riders, to install 17" rims. this is cause ur engine torque(pickup) is very strong when the turbo kick in. just recommend onli.

if u have any problems do feel free to give me a call at 012-3355 352 ( tannie tam)

andy : so this sr20det monster 16" with 60 series tires will make the car sway from side to side more coz the tire is too thick. they need low profile tires so that they can grip more during corners. in the other words give more stabilty.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
OK I see. Julie, any workshop you recommend for this kind of conversion? What about those ADR with SR20DET, where do they go for the conversion?

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
imoloq said:
OK I see. Julie, any workshop you recommend for this kind of conversion? What about those ADR with SR20DET, where do they go for the conversion?
i my fren's w/shop does all type of conversion. if u wan, i think is better u drive ur ride to the w/shop then v'l discuss bout it more further.

the w/shop is at tasik selatan named after YF Motors ( MOTUL ) , is just behind the lrt station.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Actually my car is still in Sarawak. I'm asking friends from Sarawak for the cost of the conversion and also you guys here. If the cost of conversion here is cheaper, I might consider shipping my car over for the job.

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
imoloq said:
Actually my car is still in Sarawak. I'm asking friends from Sarawak for the cost of the conversion and also you guys here. If the cost of conversion here is cheaper, I might consider shipping my car over for the job.
i think the price will b slighty the same. but some things need to consider , if u modd the car at sarawak , then need to touch up some problems in malaysia then it will really cause time and also $$.

the best deal is , get the car here then modd the car here . if anything also more eary to trace

but , the choice is still up to u .

but i think sarawak price will b cheaper , but the parts there is hard to find.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
julie2121 said:
i think the price will b slighty the same. but some things need to consider , if u modd the car at sarawak , then need to touch up some problems in malaysia then it will really cause time and also $$.

the best deal is , get the car here then modd the car here . if anything also more eary to trace

but , the choice is still up to u .

but i think sarawak price will b cheaper , but the parts there is hard to find.
Yes this is exactly what I was thinking. Settle everything in West Malaysia. Plus workshops here have some experience doing this mod and they should be able to solve any problems that arises.

However, I'm not going to do this mod very soon because I'm still lacking the money. I just wanted to know in advance what to expect when doing this mod.

mrbaha18

Feb 15, 2006
congratulation..

prefer to use malay.. suka la tengok gathering u all dalam TRAFFIC.. bravo..!!:regular_smile:

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
mrbaha18 said:
prefer to use malay.. suka la tengok gathering u all dalam TRAFFIC.. bravo..!!:regular_smile:
use any laguage also can , but make sure everyone understand :regular_smile:

actually , traffic crew have been so kind so snap our car club n posted in their magazine. if u met them , they are are very kind too ya.

keep up all the good work TRAFFIC guys.

mrbaha18

Feb 15, 2006
bravo TRAFFIC crew.. nice job..

deja vu

Sep 2, 2005
Pg
Hi all.

I have an ADR n I was hoping to cover d glass panels between d C n D pillars with those silver stickers to block off d sun rays (usually used to cover d upper section of d front windscreen) . So if done, d car would look s'thing like a semi-panel van.

So my question is has any1 here done it b4 and wat r d chances for JPJ or traffic police to book me for illegal 'tinting'? Coz no1 will b seated there in d 1st place.

Thx in advance

julie2121

1,500 RPM
Nov 12, 2004
Seri Petaling
Visit site
:) if u tint like that ur looking for trouble onli . is better that u tint the wqhole thing lah bro. this is not too recommend.

bout the chances getting urself book ?? this depends to ur luck also lah ........ very hard to say . but is not recommend

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm driving an iswara...

my car's window screen on the 4 door all suffer from water stain. everytime it rain.. the 4 window is very blur.

during the day.. looking at the window , can see alot of water mark or water stain on it. look like the mark has been etch into the glass.

i use rain x and try to polish it.. same.. still there... the windows surface is not smooth when touch with finger. u can tell the different compare wif touching the window from inside.

anyone.. help.. any ideal...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience