absorber and springs for eg-advice needed

jaapdes

Nov 13, 2006
guys need some advice here..
the absorbers on my civic eg2 is totally gone..so plannin to get it done up, i was thinkin of gettin a new set of standard absorbers, coupled wit teins springs...all 4..but the mechanic was saying standard absorbers not syok, n he recommended me a set cusco adjustable, half cut which he had(1500)...personally i dun reli like the idea of second hand absorbers..he also said, the teins springs can't be put on a standard absorber, any truth in that..anyway wat do u guys think? i need a cost effective way aswell:)..and i rate myself as a newbie to this car stuff..so i'll need all the help i can get..thanks in advance guys...oh yeah n my car is lowered..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
for comfort, the stock springs are the best, but if you rempit masuk longkang.. I don't know you :P

2nd hand are quite okay, just observe for leaks..

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
get a integra dc2/db8 type r stock absorber
will ride u comfort n reliable just such like ek 9 stock abs
if u looking for it cann give a cal to 012-2123802 rm 450

jaapdes

Nov 13, 2006
guys i do really "taarikkk" once in a while, so do u think the stock n dc2 one's will be fine for tat?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if the cusco ones are to your liking, why not? only you yourself know how you drive.

jaapdes

Nov 13, 2006
the thing is, i'm not sure myself..if it's not too much to ask, can u give me the pros n cons of both..n maybe the dc2 type r one dcloo talked abt....and 1500 for the cusco one..do u think i can go lower? wats the right price for the options..cos, money is quite a prob for me...

KaiKon

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
go for tein..last time i check tein ha at mun lee can get rm1.4k..n like shiro said,look out for leaks la..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
How to give pro's and cons? some people like stiff suspension, some people like soft.

I don't like high low adjustables because they're linear spring systems, but some people like them.

Some high lows (I think some high spec ohlins) come with progressive springs, but the reason they have the high low adjustment is not for lowering, but to play with suspension stroke by swapping different height springs.

But they are really high buck $$$$$, so for some, that extra edge of handling is worth it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Audi unveiled its all-new sleek five-door coupe A7 Sportback with its crosshairs locked firmly on the Mercedes-Benz CLS, BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo and the Porsche Panamera.

Based firmly on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience