About all this testing

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
guy's,

how many of you all here do believe all the testing result that had been done before the GP start? does this testing result and posted race time indicated the real perofrmance of the car whn it comes to the race or its just purely testing result which would be diff frm the actual race car that going to be in the racing?

me personally think all these testing result show little truth about the real "war" car. just like previous season, Ferrari show weak result on the testing before the GP started but whn the 1st race on, they start to wipping all the races. now on this season, ferrari show very weak result again. could this be a trick?

bigboystoys

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Winter testings mean little or nothing to the teams. If you observe carefully, even Friday Free Practice results are not the true representation of a team's capabilities.

Often, we see a team or two pop up the timesheets but it could have been any other team. The teams do not go testing to win the Winter Test Championship. Their testings have very specific objectives; whether is it for tyre evaluation, new aerodynamic parts, race simulations, qualifying simulation, mileage tests, etc etc. Nobody knows what kind of setup the teams are running, whether are they sandbagging or running with minimal fuel loads. Quite amusing to see some of friends sometimes arguing over the testing results.

:)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
even qualifying doesn't show the true capabilities of the car/teams, because different team/car will have diffrent tires, pitstop and re-fueling strategy. And Ross Brown is best for that.

F1 is a complex car racing game.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
totally agree. in testing, they don't have to be on the top of the timesheet at all, except that if the driver want some fame or something...

the testing lap time only show the capability of the car, at least you know how fast their car can go, but being on the top of the list doesn't make you the fastest, other team might be doing some electronic testing which don't require them to go fast, so why go fast? go slow = save petrol + save rubber = save cost.

IMH2centO, testing result is purely for marketing purpose and entertainment :lol:

elaine2284

1,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2004
Cheras, KL
Visit site
Originally posted by BlackSamurai@Feb 17 2005, 15:09
even qualifying doesn't show the true capabilities of the car/teams, because different team/car will have diffrent tires, pitstop and re-fueling strategy. And Ross Brown is best for that.

F1 is a complex car racing game.
& team work...

when u study the race carefully... for example.... ferrari.. mschu & barri... barri always be the 2nd driver.. to ASSIST mschu to grab the 1st place..... barri always act as a fender behind mschu.. to block other driver from overtaking them...

kesian other driverss....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my putra std springs make my car ugly cause damn high.dont like the ride if change to sport springs.

so i was wondering how my car would look if i change to GTi std springs.i notice GTi's are lower than any other normal satria/putra/wira even in std form.

can anyone tell me how much is it lowered?how bout d ride? bumpier than stock putra springs?i wanna b very sure cause i just changed new absorbers.i takut it dont match then my new absorbers kong :eek:

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience