1) Spark plugs using Denso Iridium IK24
2) Lead cables = plug cables? If yes, using NGK
3) Air fileter using K&N
4) Fuel filter, have to check: thanks for the recommendation :_:
5) idling speed at 900 to 1000 RPM
6) have to make sure of this, it is about 2.5" with 2 mid bullets
7) low tyre pressure really hurts alot, i check this regulary

if it's running rich, what should i do? what should i tune? OMG

i tried lower down the fuel pressure actually from 42 psi to 40 psi for running and 52 psi to 50 psi static. :confused_smile: Faint~

Thank you so much for you reply bro...

1) Spark plugs using Denso Iridium IK24
2) Lead cables = plug cables? If yes, using NGK
3) Air fileter using K&N
4) Fuel filter, have to check: thanks for the recommendation :_:
5) idling speed at 900 to 1000 RPM
6) have to make sure of this, it is about 2.5" with 2 mid bullets
7) low tyre pressure really hurts alot, i check this regulary

if it's running rich, what should i do? what should i tune? OMG

i tried lower down the fuel pressure actually from 42 psi to 40 psi for running and 52 psi to 50 psi static. :confused_smile: Faint~

hm...ok, i'm no expert, but when something is not right to my ride, i'll always reinstate all "modded" comps to oem state.
Eg :
1. Spark plugs
- are those platinum types ? it MAY not be ngam for ur ride. i believe some forummers have used them before and it was ok. for me, i've always used oem spec NGKs. forgot the heat range but it was as per owners manual spec.
2. Lead cables
- although i don't think this would contirbute too much to ur excessive fuel consump, but it is still a factor. larger cables (mm) doesn't mean better. again, better to stick to oem spec while doing troubleshooting.
3. Air filter
- K&N is pretty standard fitting.
4. Idling speed
- could be ur biggest tell tale sign of what is going on. as i understand it, there are a couple of ways to tune the idle spd. 1st and easiest is via the idling screw loc at top of TB. this is actually a short cut way of adjusting the idle spd and IF this method is used, then adjstments only can be for 50rpm +/-. Caution ! the screw thing once blew out from the TB while revving hard becoz of too much adjusting. Proper idle is dependent on the adjustments on the distributor AND proper timing adjustments.
Should ur idle be adjusted via idle screw, then this would significantly affect FC, coz what is happening is ur ecu is kelam kabut and is using fuel (enriching) to compensate. many ppl do this way coz they have no idea/no time/too lazy to check the fueling components of the engine to find wat is at fault.
I COULD BE WRONG....but it did happen to me before...and where it led me to was faulty fuel railing and fuel regulator (modded).
If u have an air fuel ratio monitor, cruising ratio is normally 14.7 - 14.9.
5. I assume you have a modded fuel regulator ?? dis-install and install oem railing and regulator. As mentioned above, it part of the problem.

Another important factor is of course ground terrain and "right foot" tendencies. but i'm sure u would have had that covered.

conclusion, i can only point out on wat has happened to me before...and how it was solved. it may or may not help...but i wish u all the best

Thank you so much for sharing bro. Currently searching for an air fuel ratio gauge to know what is happening. It might be O2 sensor kong also. Thanks again and any comments please do post. :_:

Top Bottom