A car detailing Legacy - specially dedicating to my Buddy

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Legacy goes on -

I thank God for this wonderful chance to be able to witness this wonderful legacy

my buddy had this ride for concourse de elegant

an elegantly and precision engineered make

well designed

well endured and lasted half a century

none other the HUMBER ... a ride in the 50's

carefully and meticulously preserved

A collector Master piece

I remember an olden story, if a man found treasure beneath the land, he will sold off all he has & trade for this piece

my heart challenge me

presenting to you

the legacy of this family

this was the ride my buddy's mum used to drive to work, back in the 50's
This ride bring back lot of fond memories, where his wonderful dad drove him & siblings around, safety & comfortably to school as he recalls.

but as he grows up & parents get old.....soon this ride has been neglected...bla bla bla

I am not here to bore you....
but my buddy shared his moments Renaissance with me...the ride was kept aside and eventually broke down, in those years he was studying overseas, upon returning home, he ask for the family Legacy, none other than this ride, as his sister was driving, somehow the car ended up lying in the workshop for almost a decade. My buddy heart cries out to see this degenerating & he has spent countless hours, money to rebuild this family ride. eg...front grilled was damaged by some careless driver reversing on it, other smaller parts like body chrome parts, passenger door panel ashtray were purchased online from UK (some old garage), the bosch spots light was pick up at an antique auction , For the last decade this car underwent tremendous restoration work .....

i have delayed in detailing this for a year.... Thank God, the big bang struck me.... as his persistence pay off... My hearts melts upon hearing this wonder family legacy...

arrangement being make, and date set. Finally car delivered for detail preparing for concourse de elegant, in a classic cars meeting at Port Dickson.

10 years had not being detail (wax too)

my emotions flushes through out this detail - can help but this legacy clinging on my mind

Swirls - some paint defects accumulated over the past decade

but you dont see it without proper lighting

more

The wonderful part of it ...is that i am fortunate to receive some Test Lab products from Doc G of Optimum USA.

another innovative inventions
presenting to you

first in Malaysia - Optimum double sided Wool pad & Polishing pad

another state of arts by Doc G
A polishing pad design to compliments Optimum Hyper spray polish - and the 1 pad polishing & finishing

now work begins - with clay

lube with my alien's juice

some melted rubber stains on the left side front 1/4 panel

Magic portion

wipe off & rinse off & walk away

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Moving to paint correction

I am very blessed - to be received some lab test product from Doc G, Optimum USA

another innovative product by Doc G,

optimum double sided pad & double sided wool - freshly flown at the right time for this detail

moving to paint issue - some minor paint pigmentations & undefined paint (paint with no clarity or definitions)

more swirls accumulated over the past decade

the most wonderful part of the innovation is - there is only 2 steps polish and finish

1st with wool & then foam pad

unlike my last detail & all the other - cut with wool, the continue with cutting pad, then polishing pad & finishing pad...and see for yourself

1st Optimum single sided pad

it is always good to prime the pad for the 1st time usage (none other with my alien juice)

close up

ta da with Flex 3401 state of art Polish Machine

a 50/50% comparison

how to corner a swirl?

by pushing them to the corners by polishing

Now, test begun with Lap test product

before

ta da

i am so fortunate to be able to test out this product, AREA 51 - top secret

remember before

moving on with 2 pad cutting finish OHC OHP & makita

before

a 50 /50 % comparison

after

unbelievable Double side wool & finish off with double side pad with My rotary (OHPC + OHC) Simply amazing results

remember before

now

at first hardly i could believe that this work- after all my years of polishing, how can u finish cutting thi9s level of paint by just another passes of polishing - hologram free even with rotary
wow such an amazing - 2 product finish (saves lots of time & effort)
never a time paint correction make so easy & effortless - amazing technology evolves - congrats to Doc G -

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

my emotions rushes to see where it should belong to

elegantly detail

paint being redefine again

smiles again - the depth & reflection

family legacy must goes on

Humber truly ready for concourse de elegant

this old lads once again looks wet & sexy again

ladies and gentleman - specially dedicating to my buddy - the family Legacy

reminds me of the cars

be my guest

elegantly yours

carefully restored

all thanks goes to Doc G & his space age technology products

thank you for sharing your renaissance moments with me.....thank you for allowing me to share with all my buddies here .....thank you for viewing yet another detailing adventure

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This is a spectacular restore man... Nice polished chromes! Amazing car too... "Humber"... Never heard of it. Country of origin?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Humber is originated form the UK
Humber (car) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and the Humber Sceptre is borned at the 1961–67 and 1967–76
I believe KC just detailed the 1st generation of Humber Spectre. :adore:

btw Humber defunct at 1931 taken over by Rootes Group then Rootes Group defunct at 1971 then Humber was then owned by Chrysler and now by Peugeot sososososo long history

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
another great post buddy :adore: i cant believe that car still exist and still look great.
yes it does, it all about passion & this has been his family legacy

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

This is a spectacular restore man... Nice polished chromes! Amazing car too... "Humber"... Never heard of it. Country of origin?
thank you bro

its all in his family - the legacy

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Humber is originated form the UK
Humber (car) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and the Humber Sceptre is borned at the 1961–67 and 1967–76
I believe KC just detailed the 1st generation of Humber Spectre. :adore:

btw Humber defunct at 1931 taken over by Rootes Group then Rootes Group defunct at 1971 then Humber was then owned by Chrysler and now by Peugeot sososososo long history
buddy for u
some enlightenment said:
Great work and a car i would love to own... fantastic...
It was a local lad that created the company...

Brief history of humber

Thomas humber was born in Sheffield in 1841. When he reached the age of five his parents brought him to kingston upon hull, where he was educated at Salthouse lane school in the city. After leving school, he gained employment with a local Blacksmith, Mr William Campion, who in 1867 brought back from Paris a simple bicycle with the pedals acting directly on the front wheel. Thomas thought that this could be improved upon, and in 1868 invented the firsty 'safety' bicycle ever produced. Demand was great, and due to the success of the bicycle, Thomas Humber moved to a new factory at Beeston near Nottingham. By 1900 Humber Ltd was one of the largest bicycle firms in Britain. With profits from his bicycle industry, Thomas looked to the future, and in 1896 he was developing a small 3hp engine attached to his bicycle frames, which was to make Humber the first motor cycle producer in Britain. Also in 1896 Thomas started to assemble his first proto-type automobiles in newly constructed premises in Coventry, which resulted in a production of nine vehicles for the Stanlet cycle show in London, which gave Humber the honour of being the first maker of series production cars in England. By 1910 Humber had built up a reputation of reliability and endurance, which at the time made it the third most popular car to be bought in Britian. (only surpassed by Ford and Wolseley). As early as 1909, Humber had opened an aircraft department making 50 Bleriot type monoplanes. In 1910 the world's first air-mail service was operated in India by a Humber aeroplane, and in world war I they assembled aircraft for Avro. After WWI Humber entered their motor cars in early races, competitions, and tourist trophies, having numerous successes and enforcing the view of the public, of the reliability and endurance of Humber. By the 1920's and 30's Humber had established itself as a motor car manufacturer of the highest quality, with expensive coachwork and interiors that only the rich could afford, and a highly envious reputation which attracted the attention of two brothers, Reginald & William Rootes, who already owned Hillman and Commer. In 1932 the Rootes brothers took controlling interest of Humber, and also at the time, the firm of London coach-builders, Thrupp & Maberley. Thrupp & Maberley were also highly respected in the coach-building world with their history going back to 1760.

The pre-war years were good to Humber, as customers valued the Humber's consistent quality and elegance. It was at this time that King George VI ordered his first Humber car in 1935. At the outbreak of WW2 Humbers factories virtually ceased producing motor cars to help with the war effort. Two thirds of all wartime aircraft engines were assembled at the Humber development the worlds first 'Land Rover' type utility, with four wheel drive and heavy duty tyres. These proved themselves to be invaluable with every aspect of the armed forces, and Humber developed this idea into their armoured vehicles used in WW2.

The only motor cars produced were staff cars for the armed forces chief officers, the most famous being ' Old Faithful' which was General Montgomerys personal transport, and can still be seen today at the Museum of Army Transport in Beverly.

After the war was won (with a great deal of help from Humber) Humber again concentrated their production on high quality touring saloons and limousines. The reliability and quality of their cars had proved themselves time and time again, and it was at this time that the British Government awarded the contract to Humber to supply all their Embassy's and consulates worldwide.

The armed forces continued to use Humber motor cars as did the civil service. Every Prime MInister of the day would be seen getting out of a Humber at 10 Downing street, culminating in an order for 47 Humbers to be supplied new to HRH King George VI for all the state and commonwealth Royal tours. The 50's and 60's were indeed good years for Humber, but with the aftermath of the Suez crisis and rise in world oil prices, Humber failed to keep up with their competitors in a very financial market, and neglected to upgrade their dated production lines with their more modern rivals, preferring still to make their cars mostly by hand. Lack of investment lead to the American car company, Chrysler, taking over the controlling interest of Humber in 1967, which was to bring an end to one of the world's finest and historic motor cars ever to be seen. At the time the dreams of a young blacksmith called Thomas Humber also came to an end, and it was also to be the ens of an era.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
truely classic and legend, its a real heritage to drive one of this in 2011

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
issit a single coat paint?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thanks for the history on Humber... Or else, I never get to know this classic beauty...
But... I wonder how is maintenance and spareparts :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
too bad i see a modern cd player in the car and ICE =( kindof destroy the originality

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
too bad i see a modern cd player in the car and ICE =( kindof destroy the originality
Haha... Dress the ICE in wood and leather trim lo... XD

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the history on Humber... Or else, I never get to know this classic beauty...
But... I wonder how is maintenance and spareparts :biggrin:
yupp.....as written - hunt all over the world mostly in UK, cant find any new ones except - savage from those garage

Haha... Dress the ICE in wood and leather trim lo... XD
stay focus bro - nothing wrong to have a cd in a classic - what u expect LP player ke???? lady gaga in LP ??

u r driving ma & the present media is CD ma - we need to upkeep with times lo

the wood trim is original

enjoy the journey:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

thinking of changing my car exhaust system..
i'm driving Gen2 1.6(A)
but as i know is different between manual and auto one....
manual mostly go for straight pipe........
then wat about auto car??

i plan change my whole exhaust system.
currently in the market,i only saw Zenden and hotbit extractor...but they are not staineless steel.so is there any staineless extractor out there ?
and middle box ? muffle ? S type better for auto or straight ?

can any sifu give help help here ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience