A/C not cold when idle

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
hi guys,

I've like to have ur opinion on this. When i switching on the A/C in idle mode, there is no cold air comes out from the A/C vent...but when I start moving, then only the cold breeze enters....Is it due to vacuum valve or the A/C fan? :emoticon_U:

thanks a million guys,

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
have u tried rev abit and maintain the rpm when idle., does the aircond cool?

HealingBox

Dec 24, 2005
i have the problem before , if not mistaken is the engine idle timing too low...
correct me if i am wrong.

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Maxx,

I've rev a bit, can feel a bit cool air only.....Yesterday, i turn on the A/C & then open the hood to check the A/C fan, the fan not spinning...

Healingbox,

I think is not so low, switching off the A/C the rpm will be around 1000-1100 & when turning it on, it will around 1200-1300...Last 2 month i've change the aircond sensor, which function to increase the idle timing....

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
cb70 said:
Maxx,

I've rev a bit, can feel a bit cool air only.....Yesterday, i turn on the A/C & then open the hood to check the A/C fan, the fan not spinning...

Healingbox,

I think is not so low, switching off the A/C the rpm will be around 1000-1100 & when turning it on, it will around 1200-1300...Last 2 month i've change the aircond sensor, which function to increase the idle timing....
thats why ur aircond not cold when idle. ur ac fan not functioning. check ur fan motor, wiring for current supply.
if got current then ur fan motor need servcing/replacement.

HealingBox

Dec 24, 2005
last time my problem is radiator fan spin 1 sec then stop next 1sec and then spin 1 sec again ... continue until i rev abit ...
after i told the mechanic then he has change some timing .. ( not sure is wat timing ... aircond timing ? dunno got such thing or not lol) , after that then normal spin ...

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Maxx,

I'll try to check the wiring at the fan whether got the current does flow or not? And if the fan motor is the problem, how much the cost for repairing/ replacing new one...?

Can use normal aura A/C fan for replacement instead? Someone told me the A/C system for cb23 differs from gtti? Is this correct?

Radiator fan & A/C fan are too separate device right? Radiator fan to cool down water temperature for the engine....A/C fan to cool down the air that were sucked in into the aircond vent during the car is idle?

correct me if i'm wrong

thnks

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
guys, if u r running too low rpm, den d a/c sensor will detect the engine isnt producing enuff power for the a/c support, thus not allowing the a/c to operate. hence, not activating the a/c fan.
does ur a/c cools down when ur vehicle is moving? is dats the case, den the fan is the culprit. anything else u can tell us?

supernatural

Known Member
Aug 2, 2004
bro,
if the a/c fan is not spinning, then try to check ur fan. check ur a/c fan relay, fuse or wiring.the a/c fan should spin about 10-15 second i guess then stop for a few second. or maybe u can check ur receiver/dryer. ur refrigant gas still there or empty. better check if there any leaking.

just an opinion bro.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
cb70 said:
Maxx,

I'll try to check the wiring at the fan whether got the current does flow or not? And if the fan motor is the problem, how much the cost for repairing/ replacing new one...?

Can use normal aura A/C fan for replacement instead? Someone told me the A/C system for cb23 differs from gtti? Is this correct?

Radiator fan & A/C fan are too separate device right? Radiator fan to cool down water temperature for the engine....A/C fan to cool down the air that were sucked in into the aircond vent during the car is idle?

correct me if i'm wrong

thnks
the a/c fan does not cools down the air but sucks air past through the condenser to cool the refrigerant inside the cooling system (in dis case, the a/c system)

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
xtremeleo said:
guys, if u r running too low rpm, den d a/c sensor will detect the engine isnt producing enuff power for the a/c support, thus not allowing the a/c to operate. hence, not activating the a/c fan.
does ur a/c cools down when ur vehicle is moving? is dats the case, den the fan is the culprit. anything else u can tell us?
Agreed, low rpm will even caused the engine to halt all at a sudden while driving...It happened to me before...really scared..Installation of aircond sensor will help the rpm to maintain above 1k...
Yup, the a/c cools down when my vehicle is moving...Maybe u're right, the fan not functioning while idle...The air still comes out from the a/c vent...only air ... :sad_smile:

supernatural said:
bro,
if the a/c fan is not spinning, then try to check ur fan. check ur a/c fan relay, fuse or wiring.the a/c fan should spin about 10-15 second i guess then stop for a few second. or maybe u can check ur receiver/dryer. ur refrigant gas still there or empty. better check if there any leaking.

just an opinion bro.
The fan not spinning...Not sure yet on the relay/ fuse/ wiring... Need to futrher diagnose on this...:Not_Impressed:

Thanks guys...:_:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its not dat hard to diagnose bro, u on ly have to to visual checking, is the fan switching on in the rite time, fuses, connections, etc. maybe u can tell us more, any burnt smell in the past?

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Hi all,

Just to update on my A/C problem....Sorry so late reply, so busy these days :( not got time to check the A/C problem...Anyway, yesterday I manage to take leave & check on my A/C at one A/C shop...Luckily, my A/C fan & relay are in good condition...The A/C fan spin as normal...;)..According to the foreman, the problem is due to leakage at the A/C host under the front bonet (grease surround the host which was believe to come from the A/C compressor oil)...So, the grease somehow causing the A/C from getting cooler when idle....The mechanic, then cleans the grease & change the A/C "o" ring at the A/C host...

So here are my invoice details:
Refill full gas - RM25.00
Vacuum
Compressor Oil Top Up
Service A/C Cooling Coil - RM50.00
Workmanship
Expansion Valve - RM45.00
Receiver Drier (AMA receiver - for Honda) - RM50.00

Total cost RM170

Do u think the charges are too pricy?

After checking & changing all the above itmes, my A/C is now cooler than before and no problem during idling...:)

hehe

n3sta_n_roses

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
cb70 said:
Hi all,

Just to update on my A/C problem....Sorry so late reply, so busy these days :( not got time to check the A/C problem...Anyway, yesterday I manage to take leave & check on my A/C at one A/C shop...Luckily, my A/C fan & relay are in good condition...The A/C fan spin as normal...;)..According to the foreman, the problem is due to leakage at the A/C host under the front bonet (grease surround the host which was believe to come from the A/C compressor oil)...So, the grease somehow causing the A/C from getting cooler when idle....The mechanic, then cleans the grease & change the A/C "o" ring at the A/C host...

So here are my invoice details:
Refill full gas - RM25.00
Vacuum
Compressor Oil Top Up
Service A/C Cooling Coil - RM50.00
Workmanship
Expansion Valve - RM45.00
Receiver Drier (AMA receiver - for Honda) - RM50.00

Total cost RM170

Do u think the charges are too pricy?

After checking & changing all the above itmes, my A/C is now cooler than before and no problem during idling...:)

hehe
bro,where u service ur A/C?can intro me?my A/C also got problem when idling..isk..:mouth_closed:

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
n3sta_n_roses said:
bro,where u service ur A/C?can intro me?my A/C also got problem when idling..isk..:mouth_closed:
Hi n3sta_n_roses,

No problem, i can guide u. By the way where' re u staying bro? Okay, for all my zth's friend who stay nearby srikembangan/serdang/kl... the shop is somewhere located at Balakong....If you are familiar with Mines Shopping Center, from there u go straight towards the Kajang Silk Hi-Way. After you have bypassed Mines Shopping Center on your lefthand side (road climbing), you stick to the left lane until you find a big white water tank on the right opposite the hi-way. The tank will be your landmark of when you need to turn left. Opposite the tank (on your left, there are rows of shop lots )..just turn into the left junction, the A/C shop will be there, facing the water tank...

Just pm me if u need further details...

Good luck...:X-:

CefLover

Aug 22, 2006
Hi! There a box near the aircond blower! there a screw there to adjust when u wan the compressor to kick in.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

That speedometer n rev meter doesn't lights up properly!!!! Red light bulbs, not LEDs !!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience