95+ Octane

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
how about using the methanol injection kit for airtrek turbo....good idea??..
Yup, that will help too. I have a basic water injection set in my storage for years, hoping to make use of it next month when I have more time to mess with the trek...hehee. It consists of a 160psi high pressure 12V water pump, a solenoid, a pressure switch, mist injector. Just a basic system that starts injecting mist once the preset pressure (boost) is reached.

The more advanced & expensive system meters/varies the water injection according to load or other engine parameters. Can get this if can afford it =)

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Inject into the intake or intercooler?
After the intercooler would be best.
This will allow the intercooler to perform its job 1st......stage 1
Water injection would then further bring down the intake air temp before entering the combustion chamber.......stage 2

yung

2,000 RPM
Aug 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi PR1MO,
U can get the low temp thermostat for under RM300. Make sure it's a genuine yea. I got mine from Rev Performance, U can find the seller in ZTH Marketplace, he has a shop in Sunway =)

PNP, it's a direct replacement, just need to get the one that fits Mitsu 4G63T Evo 4 onwards or Airtrek turbo will do. No tuning required, just send to your mechanic to replace it that's all.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Raising your bonnet and thermal coating the exhaust manifold are good ideas too =)
In fact, anything U can think of to...

• remove heat from the engine compartment
  • retain the heat inside the exhaust manifold
  • cool down intake air temp

...will work & help prevent detonation, allowing U to use lower octane fuel without any worries.
So U can enjoy more (boost), pay less (ron95)
Cheers!!!

If I just remove the thermostat will be more better ???

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
If I just remove the thermostat will be more better ???
The thermostat is there for a reason, it only opens up to allow hot engine coolant to flow thru the radiator when it exceeds the set temp.

If U remove it completely, then it will take your engine a long time to warm up during a cold start or 1st start in the morning. Furthermore, an engine is designed to run optimum at its normal operating temperature, running it too cold or revving it hard when cold may not be a good idea.

I had a friend who did exactly that in his GSR, he regretted it after a while & had the thermostat installed back, engine took forever to warm up, fuel consumption turned really bad too.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
The thermostat is there for a reason, it only opens up to allow hot engine coolant to flow thru the radiator when it exceeds the set temp.

If U remove it completely, then it will take your engine a long time to warm up during a cold start or 1st start in the morning. Furthermore, an engine is designed to run optimum at its normal operating temperature, running it too cold or revving it hard when cold may not be a good idea.

I had a friend who did exactly that in his GSR, he regretted it after a while & had the thermostat installed back, engine took forever to warm up, fuel consumption turned really bad too.
yeah...i did it with my 4agze, it took quite sometimes for the engine to reach its optimum temperature..now, planning to install back the thermostat in the near future....:banghead::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask something. i got this cylinder vacuum canister (for brake vacuum)
and i wonder this thing should be put before or after (between servo and valve) the one way valve in the pipes.?

currently it sit before the valve.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience