4g91

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
yup, totally agree with u alvin.. i also hav a though that my exhaust piping too big liau, thats why engine feel very heavy.. but still curious why power is so good when using stock muffler.. will try to change to 1.8 la..

me only using bosch super4 spark plug.. dont dare to buy those that cost like having gold electrodes :lol:

I myself is planning to install putra cams.. not only the lift is higher.. its duration also slightly higher.. should behave like mild cam qua..

e-manage would not be a really good choice.. mayb an SAFC is good enough..

port & polish even though abit expensive, its the best mod to extract more power from ur engine.. provided it is done correctly la.. my self still long way to go b4 can do this..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by alvin24@Feb 22 2005, 02:20
modding got 100 and 1 ways to do... too many to mention here... Work with your budget and your expectations out of your mods.

extractor is a good start... i still think 2" is too big for a 4G91... use 1.8 inch internal diameter... you'll have better response than a 2". Fuel regulator is also a good choice... tweaks up the response a lot more.

Spark plugs... err... doesn't really effect much. Spark plug cable... no comments, coz' never tried. I'm still using my oem spark plug cables...

Here's a lil' something you can try... get 4G93 n/a cams... their of slightly higher profile that OEM 4G91's... somewhere between 0.5-0.9mm higher lift for intake and 0.2-0.9mm lift for exhaust, depending on version (yes, there are different versions... the only way to differenciate them is to measure)...

Piggy back computers aren't really that necessary unless u've done quite a lot on your engine... else u'll probably only get a hp or two from the thousands spent on electronics.
so izit better 4 me 2 go 4 apexi safc n rsm(2 remove fuel cut)rather than those piggy back ecu like smt-6 o unichip?

i understand tat theres lots of way...but i wan it 2 be just nice 2 move around wit enuf amount of horsie n torque 2 over take those lorry n out of junction...(u noe lah...4g13 n 4g15 struggling 2 get out from junction)

a putra cam...hmmp..good idea...hope it givs good response on the low end rpm...

erm...i dun think i will go 4 port polishing head coz i think its very xpensiv(price quoted from powerzone on my previous 4g15)...then engine blue printing n balancing....

well alvin 24...hope u can share more info on how u mod ur 4g91....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Since you're on a budget constrain, my advice to you is not to get the SAFC or RSM or whutever electronics lar... those aren't necessary at the beginning stages of your mods.

Since you're a beginner, i suggest you do some research and see what are the functions and features for an SAFC, SMT, unichip, etc etc... then only you can tell the difference between their uses and which is more useful for you... but once again i remind you, electronics are usually the last thing to upgrade.

Now that you've gotten yourself a putra cam... go get yourself a set of adjustable campulleys to squeeze the best out of your cams. I think that'll be good for around, say, 5hp maybe?

Instead of getting electronics, I suggest u save the cash and go for port and polish. Should be around the same amount as getting yourself a new unit of SAFC, Unichip or SMT. PnP should give u more power... coz' the stock ECU readings are pretty much optimized for your stock engine performance.

Other cheaper alternatives probably would be getting metal head gasket for a lower compression... this will give your car better response and acceleration.

U can probably go for a larger throttle body and ported intake manifold... but doesn't do as much as the other mods i've mentioned.

Btw... Yong_5290, you driving wira right? Why don't you join me yum cha with the rest of the 4GTuners gang every Friday nights in USJ Taipan? Can tell you all you'll need to know about ur 4G91 mods lar... easier mar, more 'interactive'. AHhaha... =) Or if u want, can join Pro:Hatch (proton thread, satria owners) mini yum cha also in sri hartamas. I'm usually at these 2 places lar. =)

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
hump...looks like zth a lot of ppl wit mivec n GSR lah...not many ppl wit 4g91 also...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
cost 4 the half cut or cost 4 the spray?

half cut...rm 2k

spray...rm 10...ahahaha

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
good choice..
the engine has a lot of potential..
if u get billet alluminium conrods and highcomp pistons and good ported head, geez..
u could make up to 190hp's serious.. and u need a ecu too..
:)

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
wow...tats a massive power in a 4g91...wondering how much is tat billet alluminium conrod gonna cost...

lets say i wan a healthy 120hp on wheel....
wat can be done 2 tweak tis engine?

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
vteckiller... cerita more la... although not my engine n not my car i stil wan to know...duno y....

mayb is bcoz i also got take part in finding 1... so i'm the engine's godfather.
hahaha.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

looking forward to hear great comments from yong_5290, my fren bout his "new" engine soon...

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
so how much u do for onvert this engine??
half cut - RM2,000
installation cost - RM?,???
tear and waer part like timing belt, oil seal water pump - RM ?,???
JPJ - RM ???
Insurance – RM ???
Fuel tank – RM ???

all the cost lah

how much??
3,200 only??

where u install??

1.3 GB are the same with 1.5??

how's the fuel consumtion

RM 50 can go for how many KM???

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
from wat i hear from zth memver n from my fren...normally rm 50 can go 450-500km...the gearbox can use back...juz need 2 buy the flywheel...coz std 4g1x is 5hole n the 4g91 is 7 hole on the flywheel...

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
so u still not tell me total how much u spend for this convertion?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus,

Was wondering I can seek help from any of you regarding wiring and vacuum diagram for the above mentioned model. My I've rebuild my engine 4 years ago and decided to finish it up last month. However there are still some wiring connectors and vacuum hoses that I'm concern might not connected properly. Hope you guys can enlighten me on this.

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience