Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
145hp engine. engine stock as said earlier. totally stock

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
140dB said:
not to forget, one of the garett bb turbos from the rb26dett will be a good choice too. they are on the large side, but is perfect for 1.3-1.5 i think......

i have tried the garett bb turbo from sr20det on a lancer 1.6 4g18. spooling by 2krpm,full 0.5bar by about 3.5krpm. this is also a good bb turbine for those on the cheap. another good one would be from the ca18det. this is also garett ball bearing.
saw some1 sellling sr20det turbine, he told me it start spooling at 1700!? guest tat only happen in a 2l engine.....

ca18det is using wat turbine?

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Getting the best turbo for your needs can be a challenge.

Being a development Engineer in the past and having a diesel background you start looking for other turbo’s that are normally used for tuning cars.
Maybe this sounds stance to many but over the past 10 years we were looking to make the turbo’s as small as possible and still gaining horsepower.

The first turbo we used was a DT-4 from a 10 year old Volvo giving us power from 2000Rpm on wards and giving us 280 290Nm of torque @ 4100 RPM on a good day when the clutch is up to it and it a cold winter day. This DT-4 is a LP turbo standing for low pressure (5PSI) so getting 16PSI boost out of it the summer. Better not! Very good hear dryer.

Some years ago when I was still working on Swift Race cars they also run a racing team in the same workshop that used the 1.9 liter TDI engines from VW.
Slowly they went up to 200Hp with this original 130Hp engine and run a 24 hour race with it and ges what no problems.
I had a look at the data sheets and did some calculations and it turned out that this must be a very good turbo for a G13B engine.

On our latest turbo engines we use the GT1549 turbo having no turbo lag at all due to the fast spool up from these diesel turbo’s.
You would say this turbo does not produce top end power. Lucky for us it does that as well hitting the 170 Hp @ 10 PSI.
We like to puss it up to 17 PSI hoping to get 200 or more Hp out of the engine.
Still we have to overcome a clutch problem. @ 12 PSI the race clutch gives up.
Most manufactures say that they can handle 300Nm on the race clutch. I think most of them give way to 270Nm and not more. So we are still looking for a stronger one.

So if you want to have low end torque and still have a lots of power on the top end find your self a modern diesel turbo of a 1.9L to 2 liter engine that’s producing 100 up to 150Hp.
It’s like running a supercharger. Power when you want it.
got tis from teamswift forum, guest runing a 2l diesel engine turbine is ideal for 1.3l car....

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
ca18 is using a garett ball bearing turbo. i cant remember the part # tho

yes, the diesel turbine is a wonderful thing for us small cc engine owners who wish to turbocharge. mine produces boost by 1800rpm, spools by 3000rpm and full boost 0.6bar by 3500rpm. all the way to 7000rpm. my manifold map chart shows it going strong all the way to revcut. which will be a good thing when i switch blocks to a 4g15.

at the moment im producing about 15Nm more torque than a 1.6mivec ( wif exhaust, filter,safc dyno tuned) all thru my boosted range (3300rpm-7000rpm). maybe can take on a mivec up genting? heheh.....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
140db said:
ca18 is using a garett ball bearing turbo. i cant remember the part # tho
Pardon me,

ball bearing turbo from CA18? t25?

where can buy this ball bearing CA18 turbo?

Wats the price?

T.I.A.

lampakia

Known Member
Oct 5, 2004
bro 140db..im wondering what is the nessary parts to get ur engine turbo charged? i mean like those hoses and those parts u need to get ur engine BOT. how much would it cost to turbo charge ur engine?

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
turbo u buy from chop shop or turbo tong. 2nd hand turbo normally goes for rm200-500.....

i got my diesel turbine from www.jawarehouse.com. but i really recommend a bb turbo. i regret not getting a bb turbine. find one at chopshop and rebuild it a turbo tong. he does a great job. i got two turbines from him all working excellent and better after rebuild. faster spool up = great turbo

lampakia - steel braided hoses cost about rm50 a piece wif pressed end fittings. rubber hoses u steal from ur mechanic (heheh). seriously, if u serious about it u can make a list out yourself and look for the best deals around before purchasing. u can build a kit for less than 3k if u resourceful enough....

turbo - rm700 rebuild (turbo tong)
mild steel manifold n dpipe- rm350 diy
mild steel intake piping n hoses - rm450 diy
small intercooler n blowoff chopshop - rm200
injectors chop shop- rm160
emanage - rm700-900 2nd hand
dyno rental 1 hour - depend on ur relation

my project took me 1.5 years. mostly diy. i dont recommend this route for the WEAK. if u dont even do your own oil change, go look for turbo sang or dragger racing or sum1. u will be in better hands

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I did ask around some chop shop but I was told Ca18 come in t25s and they are not ball bearing turbos.

T25s are used in the CA and SR of S13 and S14 but they are not ball bearing if not mistaken

S15 is ball bearing turbo but they are T28s.

So I'm wondering which model of CA18 issit Silvia or 180 or sil80.

I need for my new BOT project.

TIA.

By the way, how much to rebuild ball bearing turbo? you got TOng Tubo no.? can I refer you introduce me?

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
i saw a manifold change to banana for a stock ca18dett. the owner told me it was a stock turbo and it was a garett ball bearing. the chassis was a 180sx. dats about as much as i can remember for now. smoking too many J's lately....

http://www.tongturbo.com/contactus.asp

turbo tong has many rebuilt turbo's off the shelf. it may be cheaper to just get one from him. he can advise u on which one to buy. also he has some cool variable area turbines there for u to drool at ahhahah. his price is reasonable, and very fair to all customers. just dont act like a smart alec cos he dont seem to like dat. can be very lansi and also very friendly. depends on ur attitude and choice of words really......good luck. tell him melvin from jb/speedworks recommended

Last edited:

lampakia

Known Member
Oct 5, 2004
bro db140...wat i have in mind now is the turbine(td04)...manifold(4g93t)...intercooler(4g93)...ori 4g93t paiping...and i already have an emanage now...what other small small things do i need to get?

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
bro, t28 way too big for 1.3cc. unless u wan boost start at 5.5krpm. no fun.

lampakia- injectors, oil and water piping feed for turbo, mod ur oil pan for turbo oil return, some brass fittings for water n oil...dats about it....do sum research lah. ur question so elementary. not saying i damn terror, but seriously u need to do some more research for yourself. keyword-YOURSELF. u r benefitting from all this in the end after all. and the satisfaction will be YOURS. ALL YOURS! dont forget, the real fun/challenge/headache will be the tuning part....good luck wif emanage. u need to start buying all the bits n pieces first. this will take some time already. dont rush it. find out all u can about ur engine. where goes where. what goes where. if u dont know, get a hanes manual or something. u using 4g9x. u have more info/tech literature available for ur engine than my junk 4g13 which is older by few decades.

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I just checked and its a fact Nissan did not produce any CA18 models with ball bearing turbo.

CA18 were equipped with T25s non ball bearing.

Ball bearing turbos only came along with the S15 and Kouki S14 models, the ball bearing turbo were T28, not T25.

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
joeker,

u are absolutely right. the turbo was not a t25. the owner did not know that the previous owner changed the turbo to a bb unit. i got duped as well. my bad. sorry for all confusion. and good luck for ur turbokit...

my suggestion for u is to mod a t25 to a bb centre catridge. ask turbo tong to help u out. he has all the machines to do that i think

Last edited:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
oh, actually I dropped by Tong's place last week to see whether my old T25 was still around but he sold it.

Also asked him whether he can change my present T28 CHRA to BB type, but he says he is not keen in modding turbos anymore (claims that turbo modding is too much work and margin too small) and he has not imported BB cartridges since last year.

Last I heard the price of GT25 has somewhat softened since BB turbos now are gaining demand. Was told to get a brand new BB GT25 which cost less than RM1K.

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
Go for it yo! I bought my sleeve bearing new for rm1k! Damn now i regret even more.....

lancercb1

Jul 21, 2006
Hi,

I also having a 4g13 with BOT. However, something just seems to be wrong. The boost comes in at 2k rpm but lags at about 4.5k rpm and my boost meter only shows at max 4 psi of boost! Is this normal!!!? Has it got anything to do with the tuning cos i am using unichip 16bit with turbo module.

I admit that there is an increase in the pick up but it jus does not feel right. When i asked my mechanic about this, he said that cos stock internals so low boost otherwise engine will piang but I am not too happy with the performance. Hope any sifus out there able to help.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi...bro.i got a lot of questions wana ask.
hope u can help me a bit.im a very very new kid in car fields...
im driving sm4 accord.do u got any adjustable/progressive spring/absorber recommend?
and i oso looking for muffler for my car.got any suggestion?my car is standard single cam EFI.
never got any modification.
i juz start doing my car.
if bolt on turbo,wat turbine are suit for sm4?
wat is the budget for bolt on turbo including banana,intercooler and all the piping?
using...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience