4g13 turbo tuning

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
1>siemens...i dunno.. really...all my work done only on mmc...

2>i hear uni chip does what u want real good.

3>oil feed get from oil pressure switch. its located on the block just above the oil filter. put a tee at this point. return u need to tap the pan. for water, use the unused bolt on the water housing on the block. for return back to the sensor at the bottom of the radiator.

4>no audible knock. there was a lean spot around 2krpm but emanage settled that.

5>manifold DIY.or prepare rm600-1.2k. u can go to nthree in rosmerah. they can fabricate all the piping in whatever config u want. i diy my manifold using mild steel steam pipe from this shop called 'steam pipe' in rosmerah same row with nthree. they sell the elbow u need. flanges can ask nthree to fab for u. for stainless piping go to this factory behind giant plentong. they have all the ss u need.

Last edited:

Kodiak_gbl

Known Member
Feb 24, 2005
Johor
Visit site
140dB said:
1>siemens...i dunno.. really...all my work done only on mmc...

2>i hear uni chip does what u want real good.

3>oil feed get from oil pressure switch. its located on the block just above the oil filter. put a tee at this point. return u need to tap the pan. for water, use the unused bolt on the water housing on the block. for return back to the sensor at the bottom of the radiator.

4>no audible knock. there was a lean spot around 2krpm but emanage settled that.

5>manifold DIY.or prepare rm600-1.2k. u can go to nthree in rosmerah. they can fabricate all the piping in whatever config u want. i diy my manifold using mild steel steam pipe from this shop called 'steam pipe' in rosmerah same row with nthree. they sell the elbow u need. flanges can ask nthree to fab for u. for stainless piping go to this factory behind giant plentong. they have all the ss u need.

Thanks for the info bro. Im very tempted to havea go with a BOT. need to start saving ;)

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
ok just a quick update guys

just completed a jb-kl-jb test drive. average 2.5 hours one way, about 140kmh average, max 200kmh.

the fc is about 26l-28l one way.

sustained 160+kmh about 5k+rpm causes ecu to go into open loop and poor fc as a result.

sustained 180kmh will cause overheat wif stock radiator, not to mention poor fc.

savvyhitam

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
so 140db, ur car still survived eh? after overheting....
2.5hrs to JB! thats fast man! cool~~~

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
if not for the heavy bus traffic around 12pm, the poor roads under repair at melaka, my bladder not holding the beer too well-had to stop twice, i think could make it in 2hr15 at least.

i was chasing an eg at first, with the heavy traffic the eg wasnt going too far, but driving quite fast, about 160kmh. i wasnt looking to overtake, just stay close enough. after a while i reminded myself about recording fc on the way down. so i slowed to a 140kmh constant.

the overheating started when i was trying to follow a wish speeding at 180kmh near nilai. the car felt like it still could go faster, but i decided not to over take the wish. just cruise behing itg at 180kmh. After a while, the block temp gauge started rising above the half mark. thats when i started to slow down.

in kl, after a party, had to send a few friends home. recorded a max of 190kmh kl-damansara.
also played wif a friends gti siemens. all i could say was he couldnt shake me off too easy now. haha

on the way home to jb, tried a 200kmh run(habis meter). and suceeded.

all in all everything still fine and working. this is wif totally stock block and head. heads never off the block. no metal gasket,pnp, balancing etc....stock. just the cams.

Last edited:

badmotorfinger

Dec 7, 2005
xtorm said:
hmm, guest ill b looking for u when hav my fund n parts, i hav a 1.3l engine too, the turbo seems to b a pretty nice 1 to use, me too felt tat t025 too small, it will b pretty bad on my high rev engine, chocking abit mayb?
hi there,

are u planning to turbo a daihatsu 1.3l? they have a turbo model, gtti. this car is equipped with an ihi rhf4 turbo which is on the large side. which is good, cos its ball bearing and will spool faster anyways. i would head in that direction if i were u. the manifolds would be a direct fit i think.

the td025 would be good for city driving. but the thing is, for general daihatsu dohc engine, stock can withstand up to 8krpm. so i feel the turbo may be choking at high rpm. for a single cam 4g13 proton engine maybe ok....cos the weight of the car......but still too small especially if plan to upgrade to 4g15 block.

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
badmotorfinger said:
hi there,

are u planning to turbo a daihatsu 1.3l? they have a turbo model, gtti. this car is equipped with an ihi rhf4 turbo which is on the large side. which is good, cos its ball bearing and will spool faster anyways. i would head in that direction if i were u. the manifolds would be a direct fit i think.

the td025 would be good for city driving. but the thing is, for general daihatsu dohc engine, stock can withstand up to 8krpm. so i feel the turbo may be choking at high rpm. for a single cam 4g13 proton engine maybe ok....cos the weight of the car......but still too small especially if plan to upgrade to 4g15 block.

hi,,,,oh daihatsu 1.3 is using rhf4?? big..... thx for the input, im driving a suzuki swift...:) mayb i should look into tat

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
not to forget, one of the garett bb turbos from the rb26dett will be a good choice too. they are on the large side, but is perfect for 1.3-1.5 i think......

i have tried the garett bb turbo from sr20det on a lancer 1.6 4g18. spooling by 2krpm,full 0.5bar by about 3.5krpm. this is also a good bb turbine for those on the cheap. another good one would be from the ca18det. this is also garett ball bearing.

ky_fei

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2004
Kay Elle
Visit site
140db : with 4g13 gearbox u can reach 200 ? omg , i cant , FyI, 1.5 also using 1.3 gearbox, i cant even reach 200 -__-" sked engine blow 180 oledi around 5k++ goin to 6K

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
u gotta have some more balls. heheh. dun scared...worse situation blok condemn. replacement block for rm300 oni mah.....4g13 block so worthless nowdays....u can really play kaw kaw....heheh

u will have the balls when u have dyno tuned ur car and confident of the fuel curve OK and no knock.

Last edited:

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
guys, thx for all the kind words....i appreciate.

just a small FC update...

city drive - 280km per rm50/26l
city+coastal hiway - 330km per rm50/26l

all driving with some boosting here and there, plus the occational full throttle, full rpm run (lotsa frens wanna feel a 4g13t!) hiway driving wif heavy lorry traffic n overtakin heheh...

latest FC (a bit more careful city driving ) - 340km per 26l/rm50

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi fellow DIY-ers, saw this on youtube
[youtube]l5GcKy0rv50[/youtube]

any idea where to find such spray paints in Msia ? tried ace hardware with no luck :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience