4e-fte or cb70? Ntg. technical, just price comparisons :P

sharkz_swift

Known Member
Jul 30, 2006
eemm seem all using 4e inside charade can i join? im using 4e to.. lots of tech info bro nice see..how many r u dat using 4e?

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com

Bro sharkz...ur using 4e? meaning ur driving a toyota starlet or are u using some other car withe the starlet powerplant?

There's a handful of us using 4e's...im one of the juniors...just changed mine....we've got some other mroe experienced 4e users around like extremeleo...

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Dougster said:
The deto rims are 14"...i dont forsee a problem fitting the rims in.... YOU MAY have to get spacers for the front to accomodate the calipers...MAY....spacers are cheap anyway....
Dawg : actually spacers are not recommended especially if you frequent high speed as they made on-car alignment a nightmare, correct me if i'm wrong.

Speed Demon said:
5. The 4E comes with disc brakes which are larger than the CB23 front and of course the CB23 rear is drums. So you must be using 14" rims & tires or larger
Speedy : With all that said, DOES THAT MEAN 4E front disc brake can be fit into Aura G100 / G102 ?!
If yes, please confirm.

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com

tibs...

the spacers are to ensure that there is substantial space between the calipers and the rim....u dont want to have them scraping each other... like what happened to mine....but my rim besi offset is 38 if im not mistaken.... previously i was using 13"s and it wouldnt fit at all with the calipers on.... SO therefore, the spacers are a requirement if u had my case....

On the down part...yea, the alignment will be a prob and your turning radius wont be as good as before....because of the wider stance of the tyres...

and tibun....Yes the 4e brakes can fit....but im not sure if their compatible with the aura stock absrobers...they'll probably need to modify the mountings...coz im using the starlet absorbers and the brakes are a perfect fit lar..

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Dougster said:
and tibun....Yes the 4e brakes can fit....but im not sure if their compatible with the aura stock absrobers...they'll probably need to modify the mountings...coz im using the starlet absorbers and the brakes are a perfect fit lar..
FCUK and double FCUK. Thanks Dawg.

meandmebitch

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
4e...............................................................................................................................
:angel_smile: :angel_smile: :angel_smile: :angel_smile: :angel_smile: :angel_smile: :angel_smile:

sharkz_swift

Known Member
Jul 30, 2006
do u know dat how many r using 4e engine inside charade aura body dougster?perhaps we can regroup all 4e here arent they good..

sharkz_swift

Known Member
Jul 30, 2006
if u can see the pic of car there that im use the suzuki swift ..hehe since now im not find any suzi using 4e

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com

sharkz....

Im probably the newest to the charade 4e family but there's probably like 4 others i think? that i know off who are using the engine in their charades...

Ive seen a swift with a 4e before...but it was a friend in malacca....i dont think he's using his car anymore..hahaha....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Dougster said:
Jamil ..arent u using the 1.3 fuel tank?

if not..then ur using ur cb-23 tank with the starlet fuel gauge ar?
yes, FYI, any gaugeis the same. get the wiring part done right and the gauge will work fine

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Dougster said:
Btw,,,jamil.....they did send my driveshaft to the machine shop.....and they did have to weld in the new mountings...but their in almost the same location as the mountings on the CB23 block...

Tezt...Kl? we'd have to find a day then..hahaha...if u can, why dont meet us in sunway (i know its far), a few of us are meeting up on saturday morning near pyramid....just fyi....

About me using rear drums...lets just say the finances are a little tight now...hahaha...got to do things one by one...but i'll be sure to get the discs settled when the time is right.... I've got to take care of a host of other things first before i go there... :)

The deto rims are 14"...i dont forsee a problem fitting the rims in.... YOU MAY have to get spacers for the front to accomodate the calipers...MAY....spacers are cheap anyway....so its not much of an issue...but apart from that, ur 14"s should be more than fine....
d thing they sent wasnt ur drive shaft, it was the lower arm. mod was crucial to accomodate ur new disc set, not much was done though.. i think they only had to mod a ball joint in, or sumthin.. ur main engine mounting is still using the g100's, others have to mod but u cant tell because 4e mountings r like wira's, they r screw type and can be removed if necessary

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
tez : iam using the std g100 fuel tank, like i replied to douglas, its a wiring thing. get dat right and wallaaa, working fuel meter!!

about my conversion, i had my drive shaft made custom. because i dont wanna risk anythin, i did my research for about 3 years before my conversion, so far my research has helped me a lot. ive been using d 4efte for about 130k km in 2 years, and no problem so far. thank god for dat ya :) my conversion cost me about RM5k, but selling my previous engine, gb, electronic dizzy, GTti meter condong, consoles, etc. so, overall cost was about RM4.5k kot, but dat was 2 years back.

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com

Hmmm...

Selayang damn far lar....wonder if the mech's around here can wire my gauge to the tank?

Oh yea jamil...i believe i owe u a dinner right? for helping me that time?? when u free? i belanja u makan lar...

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
hoho.. just name the place and time, nite time and god willing i'll be there. i cant refuse poeple belanje, hoho..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a pair of Bosch wipers for my satria. i think it is time to change, but i heard that just the rubber part can be changed. anyone know the price and where is the shop around subang?

one more thing, if i plan to buy a silicone rubber blade, can it be fitted for the Bosch wiper now? or i need to buy the whole silicone wiper?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience