4age 20v silvertop running without VSS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

AE80

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
hi.. i got problem with my car..rev limit til 7k++ only.. max 7.2k ..
i hv read from internet..running without VSS only can rev til around 7k..
my car AE80..i cant use ae101 speedometer..
any idea how to trick ecu to get it revvin more than 7k?

thanks

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
U need to connect speed pulse sensor or else ECU runs in limp mode. EE80 meter is cable tyoe right? you still need to use at least AE101 or else your problem will never be solved. Unless u canfind a wireman that can huuk up the speed pulse ensor to an RSM or something like that (no guranatee as well)

AE80

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
u mean i still need to use VSS (vehicle speed sensor)? means my speedometer wont work? btw, i tried before running with vss not the old one using cable ..and i leave those socket unplugged..but still got problem with 7k rpm...

sorry, i still dont understand.. u mean i need vss that put on the gearbox or do i need speedsensor in my ae101 meter? coz now i use cable meter to run my odometer

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
20V ECU depends heavily on all sensors including speed pulse sensor which is attachedto a C52 or C56 gearbox. Assuming that you are using the stock C52 Silvertop GB, the sensor should be there and it must be connected and wired to the ECU. If this condition is met then you are safe. But there is no way you can plug a cable port & speed pulse sensor together so that's shy an AE101 speedo is still required

AE80

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
to solve this problem.. i need speed pulse sensor attched to my gearbox and wired to my ecu? so i cant use meter cable isnt? so do i still need ae101 speedo meter connect to my ecu? it's so weird to use ae101 meter attached to ae80 dashboard..

btw is there any way i can remove my rev limiter? so i can revv freely..? dump this sensor..
tweak ecu or do some wiring? thanks for reply :)

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Yes.u must attach it to the ECU. Direct from speed pulse sensor to the ECU and you will be fine. The AE101 meter is optional for you to see. You can also try AE92 or AE111 meter which is longer

Why wouyld you need to remove the Rev limiter? 4A-GE 20V peak power is topped at 7200-7500RPM and as long as you can rev to that range you are fine. With the standard cams no point to rev beyond 7500RPM. Do a Dyno run and you will understand this

AE80

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
ok.. thanks EFN, i'll try attach my sensor back to my gearbox and see how it goes.. :)

AE80

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
the problem is still there.. even my sensor attached to my gearbox and connected to ecu..i dont know what to do else..how about using RSM, can i get rid this prob?

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

from my logic, even when standing still..it should rev more than 7k with or without speedsensor attach to my gearbox..speedsensor will limit speed to 180kph only isnt? or i should use my speedsensor connected to ecu and connected to speedometer AE101 (that i think speedo is optional) ..

A Post Every 5 Mins

i have evo3 halfcut n i want who have experience put in perdana.how much mechanic charge for it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience