4AGE 20V Silvertop - Engine Problem (Need Advise)

titan_m

Known Member

titan_m

Known Member
Sep 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gvPRmU8sLg&list=UUAJ-J52MmjyCDA3-PYvrBMg&index=1

Hi All,

I've got a 4AGE Silvertop transplanted into my vehicle and am facing some engine issues with it.

As shown in the video. this one of my major issues with the engine.

I'm not too sure how to describe as it could be an Ignition / Air Fuel Ratio / Electrical issue. (Engine Check Light stays On)

In the video, the REV Counter does that when I put my foot down maximum. (Cold Start)

When it's warmed up, the REV will be more stable

However when I put my foot down gently the REV increase gradually instead of bouncing as shown.

Fuel is very rich too, as I'm driving down the highway there would be sounds of Petrol going off in the exhaust most of the time.

It doesn't seem to regulate the fuel. Unsure whether the any of the sensors might be busted.

The O2 Sensor I know it's working, as I've plugged for diagnostic test to check.

I hope could get some feedback and ideas on where to start look and how to check.

Details :
4AGE Engine 20V Silvertop
Blacktop Wiring as currently using MAP Sensor
A/T Silvertop ECU
Manual 5 Speed AE86 Gearbox

Questions welcomed (Current Engine Setup Wise)

Note : Apologise for the short video.

Thanks!

hon_cs

Known Member

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
Bro, why din't check the faulty code instead of trial and error? Your map sensor tested ok?

titan_m

Known Member

titan_m

Known Member
Sep 12, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
MAP Sensor is working as per my understanding. I unplugged my MAP Sensor the Engine idle for a bit then stalled. Once I plugged it back in, it idled with more stability.

I need to double check the faulty code as well.

I'm sort of 65%% certain it has something to do with the ignition, as I feel like the Ignition can't keep up with my throttle play. (As Per Video)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Would like to share a practice work with the community on why you should never rush a paint job.

Below is a spoiler that has heavy oxidation on the clearcoat which should not have happen as the car is only 5 years old and well taken care of by the owner. Note that only the spoiler display such symptoms...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience