4age 20v bt 6 speed change to gearbox 5 speed

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
hp still the same...regardless of gearbox...

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
Mohd Alwee, can I know why you change the gearbox, have you change the 5speed ECU already?
Did you perform a dyno run after and before the gearbox change.

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
yup its true what ayathu said bcoz when u change the GB and it consider different setting and the ecu still read for 6speed if u wanna gain more just go for emanage and tune it out..

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
gearbox wont increase or decrease your car hp. but it will maximize the output with each of the different gear ratio.

6spd - closer ratio, need to change gear faster and that why u feel power band wont drop so fast

Mohd Alwee

From Facebook
Nov 21, 2010
www.facebook.com
sorrry im mohd alwee who had change my gear box 6speed to 5speed 4age 20v bt, i have change my gear box because i have a problem to find my gearbox mounting if the mounting its koyak, and i still use 4age 20v bt 6speed ecu.in tawau there was no dyno test in here , in tawau not update yet la :embarassed: thats why i doesnt have test my engine in dyno test, thanks for the comment , so what should i do change my ecu to 4age 20v bt 5speed or just go for the e-manage :confused:

boode

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
i dnt think its a problem bro...u can ask for ivan 4 he got the gbox base so u still can used the 5speed mounting ... hope tht help :)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
There are people who change 6 speed to 5 speed here. First is cost reasons. If 6 speed kong, the replacement is so damn expensive. Here in Sabah... And not so widely available also.

Second reason is if they want to mod it especially BOT. Because the 6 speed cannot stand much torque. But so far, I never see this here. Only overseas. The 5 speed also makes better use of the turbo's torque thus giving better acceleration.

Well Alwee, I believe you hp didn't drop. Just that you feel the difference in acceleration (g force). That is normal. Because with 6 speed close ratio, the gearbox is tuned to make most use out of the engine's powerband. EAch gearshift will make you engine speed drop within the nice powerband. But in 5 speed, with 1 less ratio and a wider ratio, your engine speed might not drop accurately in the powerband.

But it just takes getting use to. I've driven 5 speed BT before as well and I cannot call it slow. Just shift later... Try this... Lets say you normally shift at 7k rpm, now try shift at 8k rpm. This should help you feel better, but keep in mind, it is still 5 speed. No more 6 speed.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
agreed with mr veloc...nothing problem,if engine mounthing koyak..talk later,if u really wan change to GB 5speed ok just coz u worry no spare part then i cant say more.
no drop HP BT is BT just GB is change...different is rpm rev during changing speed gear...6speed normally change 5000 or 6000 now u suing 5speed...u can rev till 8000 change speed gear..feeling is best,got lot of G force...when pick up...

boode

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
im just suggesting solution if want to used the 6 speed gearbox... like what the thread stater said "hard to find the gearbox mounting" ... don't shoot me la ok :) last time using the 5 speed gearbox... now 6s gearbox... the ratio is different ... but if got planing for future upgrade, better go for 5speed... can change final drive and gear ratio also ... but if u still have the 6speed gbox y dnt u just install it bck... sayang o the gearbox ... there are many people here can outsource the mounting ... i don't think its a problem ... for ecu, u still can used the 6speed ecu... for its has a better version ... and the rpm cut is higher than 5speed ecu... if u have a budget ... e-manage is a good investment ... hope that help... cheers :)

pardeep.bhullar

From Facebook
Aug 21, 2010
www.facebook.com
it is the gear ratio. the 6 speed has a close ration and the 5 speed has a longer ratio. the long the ratio the heavy will be to push the gearbox shaft. that is y you feel that you have lost power after changing your gearbox to 5 speed.

Stanley Song

From Facebook
Oct 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
as i noe.. when u install d bt engine with 6spd gb... d mounting on gb side should be impossible to install without any modification on it... so normally mechanic will just modified d gb mounting to 4afe mounting... due to tear & wear replacement which is 6spd mounting r difficult to get in d market...

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

anyway i prefer 6speed gbox then 5spd...

ae101 RASR

Aug 24, 2011
TAWAU
i dnt think its a problem bro...u can ask for ivan 4 he got the gbox base so u still can used the 5speed mounting ... hope tht help :)
thanks for the information bro where i can find that kind of gear box base , n who is ivan ,can you give his number phone for me??? im live in tawau sabah in this place is so difficult to find than kind of gearbox base bro .

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

im just suggesting solution if want to used the 6 speed gearbox... like what the thread stater said "hard to find the gearbox mounting" ... don't shoot me la ok :) last time using the 5 speed gearbox... now 6s gearbox... the ratio is different ... but if got planing for future upgrade, better go for 5speed... can change final drive and gear ratio also ... but if u still have the 6speed gbox y dnt u just install it bck... sayang o the gearbox ... there are many people here can outsource the mounting ... i don't think its a problem ... for ecu, u still can used the 6speed ecu... for its has a better version ... and the rpm cut is higher than 5speed ecu... if u have a budget ... e-manage is a good investment ... hope that help... cheers :)
i think i want to stay with my gearbox 5speed la bro , its it ok if i still use my 6 speed ecu 4 my engine???:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i wanna ask that can i fit the brake Caliper And Disc into a Myvi knuckle ?

I understand at it ill need a custom bracket , but the disc has 5-Lug Nut with PCD 112 .

Or i just went to buy a ready made oversize brake kit for Myvi are better option?

Thanks for any advance =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience