29 march 2008 sepang track day

briggs

Jul 16, 2005
Klang
hi, i receive a email from Fazli b. Mukhtar Affandi. sepang Event, Operation & Services say tat 29 MAY 2008 got track day open for public from 5pm to 7pm... tat replace the june 1 2008 and itzit true? :hmmmm:

Last edited:

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Re: 29 May 2008 sepang track day

Well even if it is true, I think it is quite last minute. Not sure if many people able to join. Some more it is only 2 hours. So how much is the fee? RM200?

The Circuit Activity Calendar on their website (http://malaysiangp.com.my/story/-circuit-activity-calendar) also not updated. The June 1st (Sunday) still shown as track day which is no longer correct because Singapore drivers did a private rental...

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
yes speed demon u r right. SIC rarely updates their calendar and i think i know the reason why. They are more interested in private booking. When last minute no private booking, only then they will open the track for 'ordinary' guys like us. thats why open track day now mostly on weekdays (i.e 23/5 & 29/5).

im not blaming them though, they need all the money they can get to 'maintain' the world class circuit status.

anyway too much of track day can do harm to ur machine :biggrin:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
may be we do need a low budget track (no need FIA)?? ~ hv 3km also can

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
yes speed demon u r right. SIC rarely updates their calendar and i think i know the reason why. They are more interested in private booking. When last minute no private booking, only then they will open the track for 'ordinary' guys like us. thats why open track day now mostly on weekdays (i.e 23/5 & 29/5).

im not blaming them though, they need all the money they can get to 'maintain' the world class circuit status.

anyway too much of track day can do harm to ur machine :biggrin:
Private bookings definitely bring more income than us 'sometimes only' track drivers. But when I look at SIC's overall calendar, I think there are more than enough events to cover costs. No matter what they are only one of two racing circuits in the whole country, so they have a responsibility in the development of motorsports in the country. And allowing low-cost events such as open track day is a very good & cheap way of doing this, not to mention providing an alternative to illegal street races.

I always find it a pity that 'one-make' races have not been happening here.

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
for those who can get info when got open track days,can u please update here?my fren waited so long for this open track day:biggrin: :rofl:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Private bookings definitely bring more income than us 'sometimes only' track drivers. But when I look at SIC's overall calendar, I think there are more than enough events to cover costs. No matter what they are only one of two racing circuits in the whole country, so they have a responsibility in the development of motorsports in the country. And allowing low-cost events such as open track day is a very good & cheap way of doing this, not to mention providing an alternative to illegal street races.

I always find it a pity that 'one-make' races have not been happening here.
If my memory serves me right, there are about 250 cars participated track day late January this year. So, if my calculation correct 250 cars x RM 200 = RM 50,000. Not bad for one day LOL.

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
the 29th track day was a good one... the weather is good too. & less cars on track.

Last edited by a moderator:

briggs

Jul 16, 2005
Klang
yeah ... haha... can say tat around 20 car only lolx.. and the weather is dam good with performance tyre...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

CorsaMotorsport was officially established back in 2010 and is made up of knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful professionals who love cars. The team was very active in motorsports events prior to the establishment of the company and collaborated with third party organizations in coordinating various motorsports related events. Their mission?

"To enable and empower car and driving enthusiasts...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience