2010 Nissan 2.0L Class FR Sports Car

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A

Japanese automotive magazine Best Car fills us in on the latest news regarding Nissan’s FR Sports Car.

In retaliation to the rumours going around about Toyota’s Compact FR Sports Car, Nissan will debut a new FR-based 2.0L sports car as well as a sedan to possibly fill in the gap left by the Primera which was discontinued in 2005. Unlike Toyota it would seem, Nissan is fully aware of the ongoing popularity of its older models from the 1960s to the 1980s and plans to keep producing models that live up to the expectations of its more demanding customers. Concept cars shown by Nissan at various motor shows around the globe such as the ‘Foria’ and ‘Sports Concept’ only reinforce Nissan’s intent to have exciting cars populate its line up.

This new Nissan FR Sports Car is expected to receive a 250ps ‘MR20VHRT’ 2.0L 4 cylinder engine with Nissan’s new VVEL technology and a turbocharger in what would seem to be a smaller capacity engine in the same vein as the VR38 3.8L twin turbo with VVEL Holiday Auto mentioned was expected to power the new GT-R late last week. The interesting news here is the respectable torque figure, said to be around 31.0kg/m from as low as 1800rpm! While this isn’t in the same league as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX’s 40.8kg/m, it’s in stark opposition to the maximum torque figure of 28.0kg/m made by the previous S15 Nissan Silvia which occurred at a comparatively high 4,800rpm.

This new FR sports car by Nissan will be based on a version of the new shortened Fairlady Z platform seen testing recently in Germany. Best Car point out that the wheelbase will indeed be the same as the Z34 at 2550mm, giving rise to the suspicion that the Fairlady Z test mule is also being used for the 2.0L class FR sports car…

The price of the new 2.0L class sports car is expected to be between 2,500,000 and 2,800,000 yen.

/Rezz

Source : 7tune.com » Blog Archive » 2010 Nissan 2.0L Class FR Sports Car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello people,

I would just like to get some advice. :confused:

I have a HKS Twin Plate Racing Clutch and my bearing are busted.

I need to buy the replacements and I need to know where I can get them and how to get them.

Is it possible for me to get them from the chop shop ?

Thanks in advance sifus, ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience