2007 French GP, Magny-Cours

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
According to Lewis, Ferrari is not really that dominant as they seem to be last Sunday.
Lewis ultimately finish 32 seconds behind Kimi was due to traffic and his 3 pit-stop strategy.
Lewis started to drive conservatively once he realised that victory was out of reach when he was 20 seconds adrift at that time had gave Ferrari further advantage.
Once they weren't under threat, the Ferraris were pretty much cruising as well. So that piece of information doesn't tell you anything.

I do believe the performance gap is still very close between the two teams. But Ferrari have definitely closed the gap on McLaren whom they've struggled to keep in touch with in Canada and USA.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i wonder what Ferrari had done that their performance improved tremendously.

still, this season is not even halfway yet, hoping to see many interesting races. alonso will face problems, not only from Ferrari stable but also his own team mate where he is required to drive defensive (so as not to throw both McLarens out of race).

Lewis is simply spectacular!! expect him to be world champion by next year, if not by this year. his consistency shows, podium on every race!!!

unbeatable.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ferrari F2007 cockpit winglets and revised rear wing proved to be working well.
McLaren will have another tough battle for the British GP.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Alonso starts 10th in a MAcca and finishes way down. In 05 Kimi had to start down the order (due to mech failure in Qualifying) and finishes on podium.

Makes me wonder how good a racer (by that I mean wheel to wheel driver) Alonso is.

Also Alonso, never really had a better or on par teammate. Trulli, Fisichella were never really able to beat him. Now the Phenom, Lewis, is leading the way in Macca, Alonso starting to show chinks in his armour.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I think thats a rather unfair comparison between Kimi and Alonso. The circumstances are so different between Kimi starting from behind and Alonso starting from 10th.

Anyways, its rather interesting having Mclaren and Ferrari battling out each other race by race. Its never predictable, especially Kimi fighting back after the USGP where it was thought Mclaren will continue to dominate. Ferrari obviously got their development right after the test while Mclaren probably sandbagged a little. Again, i expect Ferrari to win in Silverstone simply because there wasn't enough testing time between the French GP and Silverstone and that Mclaren are probably one or 2 tenths slower this time around.

I feel the gap isn't that big during the French GP, between Ferrari and Mclaren. Mclaren got it all wrong in the pit strategy where clearly 2 stop was the way to go. With 3 stops, Ham had to fight his way thru the back markers traffic and he kept coming out at the wrong time. Similarly, Alonso too haven't had much luck with the traffic and he was super busy thruout the race trying to overtake someone.

But thats not the excuse for Mclaren's failure to win. End of the day, they were just not quick enough to challenge Ferrari.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It might lack the over-the-top shenanigans of the Top Gear crew but a short video review by Evo’s Chris Harris is just as entertaining for his wit and still-present passion for cars.

So when Harris gets his hands on something like the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, you just know it’s a must-watch, especially his downright honest opinions on the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience