2007 Audi RS4 vs 2008 BMW M3 vs 2008 M-Benz C63 AMG

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmNglK1ww3c&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmNglK1ww3c&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Part 1

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFCDjJCj_Q8&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFCDjJCj_Q8&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Part 2
Audi's big bad RS4 dukes it out with the new V-8 powered BMW M3 and the monster Mercedes C63 AMG.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
A bit predictable really.

The M3 will still endear itself to the motoring journalists bunch and those who worship everything M.

But what is worth highlighting is how far Audi and Mercedes have come. Now its no longer an easy win for the M3. What surprised me the most was Autocar (a publication I've long associated with being pro BMW) awarding a narrow win for the RS4 in its comparison with the M3. So that tells you something. And many also predicted the new C63 to really shake up the traditional super saloon establishment, long reigned by the M3.

The thing is, all 3 are hugely capable cars in their own right, each a different recipe in creating a uber saloon. And therefore each a distinctly different taste.

The M3 still maintains the old M3 magic - just, but it has shown chinks in its armour this time. The steering and gearbox surprising many by being less than excellent as well as the usual less than exemplary brakes. And it looks a little flabby next to the other 2 which look pumped up with steroids. But that inspirational engine (revs to the heavens and sounds fantastic) and RWD chassis balance still wins hearts.

The Audi RS4 (remember its several years old already and about to end production), with Audi proudly sticking to its tradition in AWD, is a much differnet animal to its tail happy rivals. It is surefooted with massive grip and traction, but its certainly not boring, just ask Clarkson who threw it up a mountain pass. The engine is also an all round monumentally capable engine. Huge flat torque curve, great reach, just slightly less revvy than the one in the M3. Probably not for the tyre smoking brigade, but those who understand and buy into the Quattro ethos, its brilliant. And its got that perfect brute in a suit look, a look that BMW perfected with the E46 M3 (but forgot when they made the new one).

The C63 is almost an amalgam of different ideals. It blends an old school American Muscle car with a European sports car. Its got a huge displacement V8 which is cutting edge Teutonic engineering and loves to rev. Its got fantastic looks (my fav of the 3), looking like it came off the starting grid of a DTM race. Sounds like it too. With that much torque and rear wheel drive, its the hooligan of the bunch and fastest in a straight line. But this time AMG also paid a lot of attention to how it handles the corners. The front end (steering, suspension geometry, the lot) is completely different from the cooking C class and taken off the CLK63 Black Edition (a hardcore Porsche GT3 wannabe). They've fettled the handling and the auto box to make it much more of a driver's car. Which makes it the best AMG to drive ever.

To be perfectly honest, for me there is no losers and there's no wrong decision. I'd be perfectly happy with either one.

Last edited:

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007
MB C63 AMG has improved a lot over previous model.

"there is no losers and there's no wrong decision"... agreed, just individual preference.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,
Its been a long time since i visited this forum.. Hehe
Been thinking And thinking for a long time about this matter...
I'm on my way to buy a alfa romeo 33 from my friend's cousin for a new car project... But i still have doubts and concern about this type of car because i never bought an Continental car before and certainly not an old continental such as this alfa romeo..
So i hope you guys can help me determine is it a good buy or not.. The owner offered me rm2k only for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience