Car Buying Advice!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zane_al

Known Member
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tiburon...what tiburon...google up hyundai coupe and see the later models.
I'd recommend butterfly go for the 2L version.

butterfly31

Oct 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Actually that's a good point - are Kia cars easy to maintain and are parts expensive? That's the main reason why I refuse to drive the family weekend car (CLK240 soft top) - if accident, habis, just drink water and eat bread for a year!

SundayDriver - I did consider the rush, but only if I can remove that thing at the back (where they keep the spare tire hahahahha). Also given the size of the car, wouldn't it be underpowered (the engine is 1.6 right? I might be wrong).

I agree with Arturo on the downside of the Hyundai Coupe, brand new I think a bit overpriced (and out of my budget!), and second hand, a bit not sure about maintenance!

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Dear, dun think of take the Korean makes... u'll only eat bills for the whole year....:proud:

as for the conti, 308 is good, but the price r over ur budget a bit...
wan some cutie car, get Mini... Mini 1 is enuf for u dy...

no need to thinking of Toyota or Nissan... no any suit u...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
another suggestion....i think xtremeleo will approve since it's conti(sort of)

http://www.peugeot.com.my/media/deliacms/media//2/261-b47bd0.pdf

also within your budget. another thing i'd like to add to jin's suggestion, a 7th gen accord 2nd hand also should be within your budget i think.

Jin...mana ada new forte problem ler...i no personal experience la but so far never hear ppl complain bout it hehehehe

Zane_al...the hyundai coupe 2001-2008 is also called the tiburon.

Sunday driver...the interior of the rush....how to say this, doesnt justify the price tag. its also quite noisy. maybe cos of the larger wheels but power wise...yah can feel the power when overtaking but once again...the engine and road noise is a little too much for a car that price.

butterfly31...most important question...what type of car stirs your senses the most? are you the type to go pedal to the metal while overtaking or u just like to glide over bumps?are u the type that goes against he norm n would prefer to have something special that nobody else has? maybe we can help by understanding more about yr character...

Last edited:

butterfly31

Oct 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
another suggestion....i think xtremeleo will approve since it's conti(sort of)

http://www.peugeot.com.my/media/deliacms/media//2/261-b47bd0.pdf

also within your budget. another thing i'd like to add to jin's suggestion, a 7th gen accord 2nd hand also should be within your budget i think.

Jin...mana ada new forte problem ler...i no personal experience la but so far never hear ppl complain bout it hehehehe

Zane_al...the hyundai coupe 2001-2008 is also called the tiburon.

Sunday driver...the interior of the rush....how to say this, doesnt justify the price tag. its also quite noisy. maybe cos of the larger wheels but power wise...yah can feel the power when overtaking but once again...the engine and road noise is a little too much for a car that price.

butterfly31...most important question...what type of car stirs your senses the most? are you the type to go pedal to the metal while overtaking or u just like to glide over bumps?are u the type that goes against he norm n would prefer to have something special that nobody else has? maybe we can help by understanding more about yr character...

I love the Peugeot but doesn't it have maintenance issues after 2-3 years? I thought its a bit fussy. Any thoughts on the 206 Cabriolet second hand?

I'm an accountant, so money is DEFINITELY the main criteria - if its going to cost a lot more just to look pretty, am not going to bother. I drive quite fast on highway stretches, but most of my driving is done in the city. Of course I would love to have a car that's different (hence my previous VW) but I won't pay a lot more just to be different. I am not a typical female driver (I hate female drivers actually) - I drive more like a man and definitely park better than a man! I do, however, have a tendency to brake too late (as my mother complains) so brake pads are usually victimised quite badly.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
id rather get a second unit, which had not yet involved in any accident. i dont mind spending around 2k more to refresh the car to get that brand new feel, its gonna be at least 20k cheaper then a similar brand new car

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
miss, suzuki swiff 1.5 or honda jazz 1.5 would be kinda fun if ya normally a one seater driver or at most 2.. cost for suzuki swiff would be around 90k while jazz would be around 105k.. both brand new. good luck anyway

SundayDriver

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
oh ya, vw polo i think is around 11xk. if tru i think its a pretty good buy. 5 years waranty unlimited milage. looks nice n sporty to me.

but rit now i notice the mitsubishi fto is selling for around 40k. not bad if u ask me. 2L mivec v6. looks good, seats 4 and has a boot. only think is gotta have 40k cash.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Danz...if u strike lottery where got forte aredy...sure FD come out liau. alchemis selling his mah now. good timing hehehehe

Butterfly31...considered the ford fiesta? from yr description...i think the sport 1.6 Ti-VCT suits u n good news is sub 100k(estimated price) but downside is still yet to be released. they trying to gather hype around that car like apple...

mahfudz_mn

Known Member
Nov 22, 2004
Bukit Jalil
Visit site
I love the Peugeot but doesn't it have maintenance issues after 2-3 years? I thought its a bit fussy. Any thoughts on the 206 Cabriolet second hand?

I'm an accountant, so money is DEFINITELY the main criteria - if its going to cost a lot more just to look pretty, am not going to bother. I drive quite fast on highway stretches, but most of my driving is done in the city. Of course I would love to have a car that's different (hence my previous VW) but I won't pay a lot more just to be different. I am not a typical female driver (I hate female drivers actually) - I drive more like a man and definitely park better than a man! I do, however, have a tendency to brake too late (as my mother complains) so brake pads are usually victimised quite badly.

what ever you say, you still drive an auto :burnout:but hey i consider my GF a good driver but she still left the light open once or twice...i still get better mileage when i drive her MYVI...so no offence here

the thing is, buying a car comes with a lot of spending, that is because a car is a machine and it needs maintenance...you WILL have to spend on the car, period...think about it, even humans spend money on makeup, fatburners, vitamins, put on bracers, bla bla bla

the only thing you can do is avoid the brands which are well known to have problems...please don't shoot me when i say KIA falls into this category and suffers low second hand value...proton, well there are quite a lot of issues regarding their engines so better to avoid them now (still i think Saga BLM is pretty good and a more spacious option to MYVI), MYVI suffers brake disc warping, SYLPHY suffers steering play and some say brake caliper jammed, even a guy says to his CIVIC that 'MY HONDA TAK GUNA' because of brake problem...therefore, regardless of what the brand is, maintenance and problems are already paved on the road way before you even buy the car....

still, in the end, i prefer to buy a brand which is known to be reliable like a HONDA or a TOYOTA...well the toyota RUSH is a bit underpowered...so my suggestion is that if you don't need a lot of boot space to stuff all the so called 'critical female survival gears'...get a MYVI (it is a good car) or if you need more boot space get a CITY, CIVIC, or VIOS, or COROLLA...in simple terms hatch or sedan...avoid the swift, its not spacious at all esp at the back...conti cars? heh if you want to get one, just get the better model like golf, passat, and the bigger peugeot...otherwise you will be buying the conti's equivalent to satria, kancil, myvi, kenari wtv

Last edited:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hello good day to you... i steven i dealing with HYUNDAI and MAZDA so i a salesman... maybe i can help you...

do u think before the MAZDA 3 SPORT version 1.6 auto selling price at RM 114,344.50 SEDAN
and MAZDA 3 SPORT 1.6 HATCBACK SELLING AT RM 119,428.50 and all the above 2 models are fully import from JAPAN.
OR the MAZDA 3 SPORT 2.0 selling at RM 134890.90 SEDAN and also available in HATCHBACK model selling at RM 139,744.90 ALSO IS FULLY IMPORT FROM JAPAN.
COME WITH FREE SERVICE FOR 3 YEARS OR 60,000KM

HYUNDAI WILL BE i30 AVAILABLE IN 1.6 AND 2.0
The i301.6 Auto are selling at rm97,888.00
The I30 2.0 Auto selling at RM 112,888.00
IS FULLY IMPORT FROM KOREA..WARRANTY 5 YEARS OR 300,000KM

MAYBE U CAN COSIDER TQ STEVEN 017-2392780

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Hello again others model hyundai and mazda please call tq

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
1. vw polo...(or extra from your parent for golf 1.4 TFI)
2. 308 vti
3. Mini
4. altezza
5. caldina ZT 1.8 @ 2.0 (not gt4)

6. honda jazz
7. honda edix

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mercedes-Benz C 250 CGI
The letters ‘CGI’ are ‘Benz-Speak’ for direct fuel injection

most famous star

‘BlueEFFICIENCY’ – the name given to its efforts to reduce energy consumption. And when the German giant tackles an engineering challenge, historically the results have been spectacular.

PROS
Superb interior and exterior style; BlueEFFICIENCY technology...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience