Different between VDO & MMC in wira

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Still trying to poison him......lol:rofl:
Went to a shop that sell mod parts today and tried to get some advice on modding. Spoke to the boss that I just got to know recently.

I asked about changing spark plug cables to performance type like those from NGK but he said those are too expensive and not worth my money considering my engine is still stock. I ask about MSD, he said that is even more expensive and people use it for racing, not suitable for me. He said just get some good spark plugs and that should do it. I ask how about iridium? He said don't have to go to that extent as NGK G-power plugs will do. He said even if the sparking power is strong in my engine, but the fuel injected is not sufficient. Therefore, these upgrades won't really make much difference for my engine.

Asked about air filter, he said now original K&N drop in is around RM500. He said if get those cheaper ones like HKS from halfcut, need to replace as they have lifespan unlike K&N. Another mechanic in the shop suggest me to go for open pod as the open pod is only RM300+. But boss told me if I get open pod, still need to buy the intake hoses to connect it and the final sum would come up to near RM500 as well.

Seems like the boss of this shop is trying to cure my mod poison. :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Modding not say don't work. As the shop boss mentioned whether worth the money or not. Platinum plugs probably around RM60, Iridium RM180, can you get 3 times the performance......lol
Most people use Iridium for durability, especially those cars that have difficulty to access to the plugs. cars like Perdana V6, Nissan STD (haha) and even Subaru boxer engine....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Modding not say don't work. As the shop boss mentioned whether worth the money or not. Platinum plugs probably around RM60, Iridium RM180, can you get 3 times the performance......lol
Most people use Iridium for durability, especially those cars that have difficulty to access to the plugs. cars like Perdana V6, Nissan STD (haha) and even Subaru boxer engine....
Well, I know they work but the effectiveness in my kind of engine is probably very minimal until it is hardly noticeable I guess. So I think maybe that is why he told me that I don't have to go for those considering that he also know that I'm a young fresh grad. :rofl:

Currently I'm using standard cooper plugs for rm30+. Those G power platinum plugs that he mentioned should give some improvements other than longer life span right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Correction : Nissan STD uses iridium plugs as standard. NGK supplies Tan Cheong Malaysia. In Singapore it's Denso.

Well, I know they work but the effectiveness in my kind of engine is probably very minimal until it is hardly noticeable I guess. So I think maybe that is why he told me that I don't have to go for those considering that he also know that I'm a young fresh grad. :rofl:

Currently I'm using standard cooper plugs for rm30+. Those G power platinum plugs that he mentioned should give some improvements other than longer life span right?
No la. Gpower doesn't give you any improvements other than perhaps a smooth feel for your acceleration just like how Iridium feels. And personally I hate GPower. It's not as long life as Iridium and the damn thing was fragile. Broke one in my Wira back then from heat.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
No la. Gpower doesn't give you any improvements other than perhaps a smooth feel for your acceleration just like how Iridium feels. And personally I hate GPower. It's not as long life as Iridium and the damn thing was fragile. Broke one in my Wira back then from heat.
Since when does spark plugs give u more horsepower? :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Plugs give buttpower no horsepower.
No need to buy iridium,not worth the money.they do last long though.
G power is good enough...smoother,thats it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all zth members.. do anyone know how to diy led tail lamp.. can do huh??? im usin kelisa.. Or is there any shop can do it..??:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience