Accidentally filled diesel into petrol engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
A friend asked me about this issue of accidentally filled in diesel into a petrol engine. He told me that his friend's Toyota Hiace has been filled with diesel when the engine is actually a petrol engine.

In such case, what needs to be done to fix this problem? The van has also been driven shortly. I know that the fuel system needs to be cleaned out but how about overhauling the engine? Is it required?

Attachments

• petrol_diesel.jpg
    petrol_diesel.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 160
tywx5.jpg

Nobody accidentally fills diesel in their petrol tank. And nobody accidentally gets pregnant.

if your friend is lucky, just empty out the tank & fill up with petrol & drive it around.

Yup, I will try what bro. Danz mentioned, but how much petrol was left and how much diesel was pump in?
I am surprised he can still drive around.....lol

I see before my neighbour wife pump diesel in iswara. Lot lots of white smoke....he say what to do, swallow the pain only.

I see before my neighbour wife pump diesel in iswara. Lot lots of white smoke....he say what to do, swallow the pain only.

If not much diesel is pump in, the petrol still runs the car. Diesel will burn off as oil aka white smoke, but if too much diesel, petrol engine will drown......hhahhahahahhahaha:biggrin:

tywx5.jpg

Nobody accidentally fills diesel in their petrol tank. And nobody accidentally gets pregnant.

It is an accident apparently. Because the owner of the van borrowed it to his friend. Meanwhile for the one that borrowed the van, he thought that all vans use only diesel, so he filled it up with diesel.

if your friend is lucky, just empty out the tank & fill up with petrol & drive it around.

Not my friend actually. My friend's friend. My friend only came to me and ask about the solution for this. :biggrin:

Yup, I will try what bro. Danz mentioned, but how much petrol was left and how much diesel was pump in?
I am surprised he can still drive around.....lol

I'm not sure how much that guy filled in. The owner of the van only realize something is wrong when there is a lot of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. And he stopped driving after realizing that.

Same case for this van. A lot of white smoke coming out. But surprisingly, why would the wife pump diesel in Iswara, there is no diesel Iswara.

Speaking of that, imagine what will happen if someone borrowed a Wira diesel for a drive and filled it in with petrol thinking it is using a petrol engine like most Wira do.:biggrin:

accidentally pump diesel/petrol can happen....not why his wife pump diesel. lol....
i duno lerrr....wear rubber also can accidentally leaked. :confused:

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much that guy filled in. The owner of the van only realize something is wrong when there is a lot of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. And he stopped driving after realizing that.

If still can run, means not totally diesel. Just drain the tank, fill with petrol then run until the white smoke disappear, because fuel line still have the fuel mixture of diesel and petrol....:driver:
Do at your house can get free fogging.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

If still can run, means not totally diesel. Just drain the tank, fill with petrol then run until the white smoke disappear, because fuel line still have the fuel mixture of diesel and petrol....:driver:
Do at your house can get free fogging.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

Then I guess no need for an overhaul. But fuel system cleaning is not necessarily needed?

How to do at my house. I don't even know the owner.

Then I guess no need for an overhaul. But fuel system cleaning is not necessarily needed?

How to do at my house. I don't even know the owner.

Fuel system means hose from tank that leads to to engine. Once tank is drained and refilled, from there when in use new petrol fuel will clean the system.

Your friend's friend mah, tell him can start engine at your house.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

Who is that? Did he also filled a petrol engine with diesel? :biggrin:

Was talking about that pic of the sexy accident. Thats is James Spader in a 1996 movie called crash.
James Spader is now big time actor that plays RED in the blacklist, and voiced ULTRON in avengers Age of ULTRON.
He is also now bald.

Who is that? Did he also filled a petrol engine with diesel? :biggrin:

Actually I read some where, some add a little diesel to petrol to raise the Ron. Maybe that guy was trying to raise it a lot by adding a lot.............lol:biggrin:

Fuel system means hose from tank that leads to to engine. Once tank is drained and refilled, from there when in use new petrol fuel will clean the system.

Your friend's friend mah, tell him can start engine at your house.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

I thought need remove everything related like fuel filter, fuel lines, injectors or carburetor to really clean up any diesel residue left inside there.

Don't need to use his van to have white smoke. Sometimes the unusued Saga Iswara that is parked opposite my house also produce some white smoke if I rev the engine hard. My family will tell me to stop because of the noise and smoke.

Was talking about that pic of the sexy accident. Thats is James Spader in a 1996 movie called crash.
James Spader is now big time actor that plays RED in the blacklist, and voiced ULTRON in avengers Age of ULTRON.
He is also now bald.

Actually I really don't know much about celebrities and actors. Well, most of my friends around my age knows who the popular fellas are and I don't have any clue. TVB fellas maybe I know a bit more but as for their names, I don't know much either.

Actually I read some where, some add a little diesel to petrol to raise the Ron. Maybe that guy was trying to raise it a lot by adding a lot.............lol:biggrin:

Raise the octane level to prevent knocking? Now at this rate, I think he really knocked the engine. :rofl:

I thought need remove everything related like fuel filter, fuel lines, injectors or carburetor to really clean up any diesel residue left inside there.

Don't need to use his van to have white smoke. Sometimes the unusued Saga Iswara that is parked opposite my house also produce some white smoke if I rev the engine hard. My family will tell me to stop because of the noise and smoke.

To me, diesel is fuel too, not something that will clog the system, unless he fully pump diesel then the van won't be able to run even.....:smokin:

To me, diesel is fuel too, not something that will clog the system, unless he fully pump diesel then the van won't be able to run even.....:smokin:

I actually thought diesel might be a bit sludgy in nature. If that is not the case, then I guess there is nothing much for the van owner to do since it is just draining the fuel tank.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom