^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
replace mounting

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Happened to my Neo before...very frustrated with the design...

Don't drive it..need to tow...

Unless you want to break the driveshaft also...

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wow, Proton boleh!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
will it effect the gearbox internals?
internal no affect...

unless lower side gearbox scrapping the road and leaks the oil....

worst case is driveshaft kong/patah/tercabut....

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
WA! First time see this!! The mounting is so weak? Will this mounting spoiled and causes the engine internal parts crack or gearbox internal crack?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
if got nothing useful for this thread, don't bash...
only the whole engine fall, not the whole car...

neo got 3 engine mounting...seems like only 2 mounting left not able to hold the engine upright...
in my case, i've hit 'something' at the lower side of gearbox casing...thus the mounting crack..but still holding up..

until 1 night, when i make a 'slow' u-turn...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

neo got 3 engine mounting...seems like only 2 mounting left not able to hold the engine upright...
in my case, i've hit 'something' at the lower side of gearbox casing...thus the mounting crack..but still holding up..

How much to settle? Is the mounting plastic/rubber/metal?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Bash? I asking a question. Can answer?

Oh sorry not car falls, what other engine falls/drops, when engine mounting fails?

Don't say people bash when you fail to answer people's question. That's like saying the teacher is stupid cause you don't know how to answer his question. Doesn't make you very bright.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Bash? I asking a question. Can answer?

Oh sorry not car falls, what other engine falls/drops, when engine mounting fails?

Don't say people bash when you fail to answer people's question. That's like saying the teacher is stupid cause you don't know how to answer his question. Doesn't make you very bright.
:wavey:

Proton boleh!? whats that for?

Wow, Proton boleh!
A simple search found out the Smart Fortwo and Dodge SRT also have similar problem...and Mazda 3/Ford...

Also you should revise the question to,"what other engine falls/drops, when only 1 engine mounting fails?".

How much to settle? Is the mounting plastic/rubber/metal?
rubber + metal....in my case Proton bear half of the cost...mounting + driveshaft + gearbox oil..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys... i'm a newbie here...a friends intro me this furom....help can get some help here

ok firstly, is there any skirting available for a honda civic EX year 91?? the car is about the same as an EF.... is there?? and in cheap price la cos i was still a student hehe :P

btw i have another Q... how much is a GT-wing cost?? cos i found 1 i think is made by fiber... price is RM480 and another is painted with CF look... price is RM580.... is it cheap?? or there is cheaper?

compare with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience