Any IS250 owners or club around?

Jan 26, 2011
Putra Heights
Hi Bushidofang,

Noted and sorry for my rush introduction.

Dear Friends,

a) Battery of NSeries for Jap specs (the same like Caldina's..). KL's area few workshop keep stock and some they can get it for you within 2 hours.

b) HDD player. ..to delete song - since my IS no longer with me, sorry i can't help...but may be i can get something for you later.

c) You can change engine oil at normal workshop, but not the auto/gear box oil...one of recommended workshop, Trial Sg Besi.....

Others :
a) In japan, IS250 consider one of top 20 favourite japanese car (www.kakaku.com)...the only low rating is because of the price.

b) One of the common problem for IS250 with tilt steering spec, "kreeek" sound when you turn your steering.

Thx

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bushidofang,

Noted and sorry for my rush introduction.

Dear Friends,

a) Battery of NSeries for Jap specs (the same like Caldina's..). KL's area few workshop keep stock and some they can get it for you within 2 hours.

b) HDD player. ..to delete song - since my IS no longer with me, sorry i can't help...but may be i can get something for you later.

c) You can change engine oil at normal workshop, but not the auto/gear box oil...one of recommended workshop, Trial Sg Besi.....

Others :
a) In japan, IS250 consider one of top 20 favourite japanese car (www.kakaku.com)...the only low rating is because of the price.

b) One of the common problem for IS250 with tilt steering spec, "kreeek" sound when you turn your steering.

Thx
hi Dhanidad,

where could i find the Nseries battery. could u suggest any shop that u know. i'm having prob since changing battery. i want to try the N series battery.

tq

Jan 26, 2011
Putra Heights
Hi Waque,

You need to reset/diagnose your ECU after changing your battery. I suggest Trail at Sg Besi or Wing Hin...reset/diagnose cost around RM 80-100.....they also can provide new battery for you, if required.

Hope it will help you...

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi Dhanidad,

where could i find the Nseries battery. could u suggest any shop that u know. i'm having prob since changing battery. i want to try the N series battery.

tq
I change my battery just last month at CV Acc in Kuchai lama. price is less then 300.
They did the battery change when the engine is running, so that it won't reset, disturb the setting all. many comments about doing this way, some negative, some positive. i didn't wanna think much about it since no issues.
I trusted this guy coz he does accessories for a lot of high end cars - the alphards, toyota's, top mercs, beemers, harriers, VW, hummers and even ferrari....it's like a freaking car show sometimes at his shop.

You can call the boss if you want more info Wan Chai (CV) 0123793773.

Jan 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
DhaniDad said:
Hi Waque,

You need to reset/diagnose your ECU after changing your battery. I suggest Trail at Sg Besi or Wing Hin...reset/diagnose cost around RM 80-100.....they also can provide new battery for you, if required.

Hope it will help you...
Hi everyone , I'm a newbie here and just owned a recond Is250 UK spec . I found out the fuel consumption for the car is quite high , 1 full tank of petrol only manage to do around 200+ km .. I thought of taking it for diagnose , so can I know the full address of the Trial workshop in sg. Besi ? Thanks a lot ...

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
any body can share about is250 servicing?Enigine oil /ATF oil and oil filter changing is complicated?any experience workshop foreman also can do it well?
i'll start the ball rolling:

Took the car straight for the dealer to the shop.

Milage: 61,000K - full major service

done in Vision Auto Sunway

Full inspection for whole car
Dyno - 100
Tom's sport 5W30 6.5 liters - 312
oil filter toyota - 48.50
gasket nut - 5
toyota auto transmission fluid 4L - 165
filter automatic - 220
oil trans & Diff 85W90 LSD 2 liters - 90
Spark Plug - 138/pc - 828
HKS hybrid filter replacement - 160
A/C blower filter - 138
tom's Brake oil fluid - 98
Front brake disc x2 750/pc - 1500 (my front disc were warpped)
Labour - 240

Tyres
Continental CSC 3 225/40/18 front 760 / pc - 1520

total time 5 hours. cost 5.5K :stupid::nurse::driver:

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Hi everyone , I'm a newbie here and just owned a recond Is250 UK spec . I found out the fuel consumption for the car is quite high , 1 full tank of petrol only manage to do around 200+ km .. I thought of taking it for diagnose , so can I know the full address of the Trial workshop in sg. Besi ? Thanks a lot ...
That's extremely bad bro,
mine jap spec, full tank around RM120 for 97 ron can do 550km easy.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

to add:
Official Announcement from Lexus Malaysia:

EAD/2011/002

MEDIA STATEMENT
27 JAN 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LEXUS MALAYSIA TO CONDUCT SPECIAL SERVICE CAMPAIGN

FOR LEXUS IS250 TO INSPECT FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR INSTALLATION

SHAH ALAM – Lexus Malaysia, a division of UMW Toyota Motor, the exclusive distributor of

Lexus vehicles in Malaysia would like to announce a Special Service Campaign (SSC) for its

Lexus IS250 models.

This is to address the insufficient tightening of the fuel pressure sensor that has been found

in some IS250 model produced from August 2007 to February 2009 . There is a possibility

that the pressure sensor could become loose, over time. If this occurs, fuel may leak via a

gasket that is used between the sensor and the delivery pipe connection.

Lexus Malaysia will inspect the vehicle for fuel leakage and if no leakage is found, the

fuel pressure sensor will be tighten with the proper torque. If a fuel leak is confirmed, the

gasket between the sensor and the delivery pipe will be replaced and the sensor will also be

tightened with the proper torque.

There are a total of 78 units of Lexus IS250 involved in this SSC and Lexus Malaysia is

taking proactive measures to contact all its owners. No other Lexus or Toyota models sold

by UMW Toyota Motor in Malaysia are involved in this campaign.

As soon as the parts are available, Lexus Malaysia will notify its customers and make

appointments to carry out the necessary corrective measures.

Customers may also contact Lexus Malaysia’s free phone line 1-800-88-LEXUS (53987) for

further information or assistance.

-END-

For more information, please call: -
Zulkefli Mohamed
External Affairs, Marketing Division
UMW Toyota Motor Tel: 03 – 5123 6688 Fax: 03 – 51236321

Or visit Lexus Malaysia

Lexus Malaysia free phone line: 1-800-88-LEXUS (53987)

Jan 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Greytezza said:
Schoong..u can go to their website and look at the map for direction..

Welcome to Trial Tuning Spirit
Thanks a lot bro ...

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Went to Trial just now ... After diagnosed found that BARO sensor is malfunction , they still figure out where is the sensor located in the car ...

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights

bro why spark plug so expensive?.

lathen

Known Member
Dec 31, 2010
Johor Bahru
Dude,
UK spec count by miles, not km. Full tank around 300 miles, so is about 483km for city drive, quite normal

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah..it is very expensive for a pc of plug. Denso FK20HBR11 Spark Plug for the IS250 will probably cost RM40-50 a pc.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

From i understand, the plugs are made by Denso for toyota.
the plugs are specially made for the 4GR engines as they are longer then the normal plugs, have 3 leg (electric rods) and apparently the best for these low compression engines.

the same plugs also used for the mark X's........

This should be the one. got it off the engine specs for 4GR-FSE engine.
Spark Plug
Type DENSO FK20HBR11 (Iridium)

Check out http://www.mr2.com/files/mr2/techinfo/Random FSM Data/4grfse.pdf

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Yeah..it is very expensive for a pc of plug. Denso FK20HBR11 Spark Plug for the IS250 will probably cost RM40-50 a pc.
really not to sure on the price bro........... imagine just got the car for 1 hour. so if have to change, have to change............

now have to go check on this.

Last edited:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
really not to sure on the price bro........... imagine just got the car for 1 hour. so if have to change, have to change............

now have to go check on this.
Probably you drive an IS250 and looks like a Tauke...that is why kena chopping block...:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i m driving a wira a/b 1.5 auto year 2001...
wat i found out is the car really eat alot of petrol (for me)... last time when the petrol price still (rm1.62) ... i can only manage to go 250KM for RM50
worse...when nowdays (RM1.92) RM50 can onli go for 200KM....
izizt something wrong with the car?? i normally maintain the rpm below 3..city driving only..pls help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience