Your Opinion: TD or Garret?

davidv00

500 RPM
Hi there,

To all turbo sifus out there? Which turbo charger better? TD or Garret?

this is exact same question that im facing previous time. TD being common, easy to find replacement, quite tahan lasak, price afforable till td05 single fin. Td04 alone already got few version. I heard it can be rojak too. Anything thn that quite ex to me personally.

Garret, freaking well known turbo manufacturer. One of the best. T25 is common and lasak depends frm which halfcut. Easy to upgrade T28. but T28 nowdays price abit high side

Garretts of course!

More choices and alternatives to rojak.

- Service kit cheap.

- Ball Bearing CHRA also cheap (compared to last few years ago).

- TRUST and HKS Turbos are OEM from Garrett but using their own proprietary specifications.

jo.. mind if i corrected some info

HKS made by GARRETT
GREDDY (TRUST) made by Mitsubishi
BLITZ made by KKK
APEXi made by IHI

allow me to correct another thing guys..there's no maker called 'TD'..TD is a series of MHI aka Mitsubishi heavy Industries.

Other brands in the market are usually Non Genuine ....names like Z*P....or Super P***R....or X* Power... no pun intended on these china turbos..but in the field of motorsports or high pressured requirements..these makes don make the cut yet. It's very easy to reverse imitate, but not understanding the real facts behind the reason why certain wheels are cut or sculptured in certain ways to enhance efficiency...the china copiers don do this, they only know how to reverse and imitate it.

Why am i saying so much against non-genuine makes ?

1. I am a motorsports fan myself and i really hate to see customer trying to save some costs, but end up getting cheated and not able to obtain the 'REAL' power which was promised.

2. VFM : Value For Money. The price paid for some of these non-genuine are VERY high and it does not translate into true value for the consumer.

3. Fake info. Do imitators have true Factory backing for engineering data ? doubt so mates...

4. Durability. Lucky ones get away with 2-3months durability, unfortunate ones last 2hours :S

5. Performance. Poor performance proven on Dyno.

I apologise if i've ruffled some feathers..but it's time to clear the air about all these fakies in the market who claim....it's always easy to claim..but never is it easy to Execute.

Happy Motoring guys..

Thanks for the heads up bro,

I guaran-DAMN-tee someone will post something like this later....

".......yeah meh!?! but my fren GSR upgraded his turbo and intercooler from Z*P, he dyno at Mil*****m and got 300 whp wor....."

OR

".....i using the GTR 34 like intercooler from xxPower, so far no probem leh......price same as chop shop EVO3 intercooler sumore...... "

hehe , sdf , aiks u all do turbo customizations also ?

joeker : haha sure gottttttt story one :P

Thanks for the heads up bro,

I guaran-DAMN-tee someone will post something like this later....

".......yeah meh!?! but my fren GSR upgraded his turbo and intercooler from Z*P, he dyno at Mil*****m and got 300 whp wor....."

OR

".....i using the GTR 34 like intercooler from xxPower, so far no probem leh......price same as chop shop EVO3 intercooler sumore...... "

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA

hahahah..ur de man bro joeker..i have a gut feeling bout wat u said..its juz a matter of time..

joe..hehe..yup..expected...what u said is very very true..

anyway..money is their's...not mine..not yours...it's juz sad to see hard earned money gone to waste with rubbish imitation products..

yoo bro sam-dam-fuk..garrett also from china looo...holset china tooo.. everything is from china nowadays...:) haha...blame all the turbo manufacturer whose bring all the tech to china...hahaha...all manufacturer want to save cost..high profit...costmr want more power wit less RM...its all about the RM

yeah pple,
some things you cant really save..
what you pay is what you get..
not nesscary must get the best, but i will not take the risk of taking imitation and spend more later on...

my 2 cens

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom