Wut Brand Of Cd Burner To Buy?

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
haiya lazy to type.. since justnow type so many times n canot post new topic.. so i cut it short...

wut brand of CD burner to buy bsides SAMSUNG?! cuz mine spoil!

liteon..

but why cd burner?

get DVD burner instead.. now got 16x already
capable of writing dual layer DVDr's

price around RM200+/-

try ASUS... cheap and reliable.... i'm using it for more than 2 years now... still working fine...

mine like shit.. samsung.. now it can burn.. but still having de same prob.. when i close it.. it will eject back..i scared is de eject button cuz.. i tried holding dat button.. it close n wont open back.. when i let go.. it will eject..

Avoid BenQ. Sux!

Someone at LYP recommended LG and Hitachi. Worth checking out.

For CD writer I used Sony for 2 and a half years until it died on me. It was good that I rarely had any errors. As for Lite-on I heard my friends using it and they said its very good.

Dremel said:
liteon..

but why cd burner?

get DVD burner instead.. now got 16x already
capable of writing dual layer DVDr's

price around RM200+/-
RM200?? DVD burder at that price/
I wouldnt get it even if its that cheap.
:)
I'd go for a pioneer which cost at Rm400 but seriously its really worth it. It is much more stable, quiet and the speed for dual layer is 6x which could be boost to 8x.

I am currently using Sony dvd writer cause pioneer is out of budget. hehehe and its working great. Its quiet as well but not as quiet like pioneer. Never had an error. Writing dual layers also smooth but only thing is 4x. I burnt a lot of DVDs and CDs and its still very very good. More Over the panel looks nice. hehehehe
The other brands are cheaper but based on feedbacks it is not up to expectation. Who knows it might be factory defects. Nothing is perfect.
:)

CKM : Dude, what you wanna use the burner for? If you wanna burn ICE cd's, I recommend (heck.. IASCA seefus oso) TDK Burners. Cuz they are extremely stable and are capable of burning at 1x speed for best audio CDs.

If it's for everyday use, the Liteon is the one for you if you want a CD-writer. If DVD writer, go for the Pioneer as they are the best and are the pioneers in DVD writing technology. All others are copies. :P

Btw, there's this small hole thingy in your CDrom that'll fit a needle or paper clip. To open the CD tray if stuck, just stick in a needle into this hole and it'll release the tray. Also, in your case it may be worthwhile checking your IDE cable and get a contact cleaner to clean your IDE port as well as change your IDE cable. If it's only a eject problem or button prob, chances are it's not your writer. Unless you somehow managed to reverse the on/off switch polarity la.. which is impossible unless you DIY mod the thing..

Izso said:
CKM : Dude, what you wanna use the burner for? If you wanna burn ICE cd's, I recommend (heck.. IASCA seefus oso) TDK Burners. Cuz they are extremely stable and are capable of burning at 1x speed for best audio CDs.

If it's for everyday use, the Liteon is the one for you if you want a CD-writer. If DVD writer, go for the Pioneer as they are the best and are the pioneers in DVD writing technology. All others are copies. :P

Btw, there's this small hole thingy in your CDrom that'll fit a needle or paper clip. To open the CD tray if stuck, just stick in a needle into this hole and it'll release the tray. Also, in your case it may be worthwhile checking your IDE cable and get a contact cleaner to clean your IDE port as well as change your IDE cable. If it's only a eject problem or button prob, chances are it's not your writer. Unless you somehow managed to reverse the on/off switch polarity la.. which is impossible unless you DIY mod the thing..
yea pioneer rocks!
hehehehe
but price also nice
:P

lite-on or imation... never buy samsung.. the crappest cd burner i ever used... now use lite-on.. my bro use imation.. both still working well...

I suggest u get brands from

ASUS
LITE-ON
TEAC
TDK

For Samsung, luckily they have joint up with Toshiba. So when buying Samsung look for TSS markings on the stiicker of the drive. Those are very good. The old ones, i don't know they oem from who. But its sucks.

Else just get DVD + CD-RW combo drive for about RM150. DVD-RW drives cost about RM250 nowdays.

Go for TDK, selling like hot cakes before DVD burner came out. Or, try LITE-ON. Not sure about LITE-ON burner, but majority people using LITE-ON CD-ROM last time. Can give a try.

I'm still using my humble creative burner 8x4x32x, akeakekakekaka coming to 4 years.

Slow is not a problem, as long it is still functioning well. :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom