[WTA]the recommended engine oil for 4age20v

Just FYI, BT and SVT don't have tappet. Its the VVT pulley sound, it makes noise when inactive due to improper lubrication, dirt and wear&tear.

Bump: Just FYI, BT and SVT don't have tappet. Its the VVT pulley sound, it makes noise when inactive due to improper lubrication, dirt and wear&tear.

Just FYI, BT and SVT don't have tappet. Its the VVT pulley sound, it makes noise when inactive due to improper lubrication, dirt and wear&tear.

Bump: Just FYI, BT and SVT don't have tappet. Its the VVT pulley sound, it makes noise when inactive due to improper lubrication, dirt and wear&tear.

No wonder la, that day my friend using the same engine said my engine more quiet than his. I took out the cylinder head, cleaned & removed all the sludge during the transplant.

my bt now using castrol 10w-40. The engine running quite smooth and quiet.
Previous was using elf 15w-50, feel like the engine running quite heavy but oil consumption better than 10w-40.

bro,
I know 20V is using shim and not tappet...that's why I said so called "tappet" sound....
cause it's easier for others to relate what it's since most mechanic doesn't know that 20v using shim not tappet....
so far most 20v i know have that sound...of course all of them using VVT pulley...those 20v without sound definately r using adjustable pulley to replace the VVT pulley....and just can't imagine the 'power' 20v have w/o vvt pulley...of course the FC even darn jialat......:stoned:

Blackend,
castro 10w-40 with oil filter RM110, elf 15w-50 with oil filter RM80.

Last edited:
Toyota 10W-40 - No need to top up till next change
Mobil 1 5W-50 - Need to check the oil every few day

nice topic ..
currently i'm using penzzoil 10w/40 for my 4age 20v.. jb area price RM 65.00 ..
its ok for me .. can rev up to 8.5k rpm smoothly even had used for 4000 km .. :biggrin:
good for daily town driving ...

Bump: nice topic ..
its ok for me .. can rev up to 8.5k rpm smoothly even had used for 4000 km .. :biggrin:

nice topic ..

Bump: nice topic ..

8.5k rpm?u using halfcut meter or original meter?

So far, in terms of viscosity is concerned, the 10w-30 felt best.

What about you guys, I mean brands aside. Lets talk about viscosity...which do you feel best ?

So far, in terms of viscosity is concerned, the 10w-30 felt best.

What about you guys, I mean brands aside. Lets talk about viscosity...which do you feel best ?

so far,motul turbolight 10W/40 is good enough for me compare to another brand.very responsive..
but now it price so damn high.that why i'm just using Toyota lubricant.

shell semi is ok for me.. vvt sound oso not so noisy.
no need to top up until next change.

Bump: shell semi is ok for me.. vvt sound oso not so noisy.
no need to top up until next change.

Silvertop engine....Using Idemitsu semi synthetic for the past 2 years,never have to top up if driving in town,but one time I drive almost 900km non stop cruising around 120-140km/h (exclude top up petrol) when reach destination i let the engine cool down..after about 3-4 hours I go and check the oil and it shows 'kering'..no engine oil:mad:, by tht time I tot my engine will kong...dont want to think too much i go and sleep..next morning check again then out of nowhere suddenly tbe engine oil rise about half and by that evening its back to normal..how can it be like tht ah...aiyo 20v surely know how to make jiwa kacau...asking to all sifu..is it normal?:hmmmm:

Bump: Silvertop engine....Using Idemitsu semi synthetic for the past 2 years,never have to top up if driving in town,but one time I drive almost 900km non stop cruising around 120-140km/h (exclude top up petrol) when reach destination i let the engine cool down..after about 3-4 hours I go and check the oil and it shows 'kering'..no engine oil:mad:, by tht time I tot my engine will kong...dont want to think too much i go and sleep..next morning check again then out of nowhere suddenly tbe engine oil rise about half and by that evening its back to normal..how can it be like tht ah...aiyo 20v surely know how to make jiwa kacau...asking to all sifu..is it normal?:hmmmm:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom