wta: pumatec brake pad

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

H22-C

500 RPM
anyone has tried the pumatec brake pad ?

for pumatec 850deg front & 700deg rear, are they working well during cold temperature ? let say in the morning. need to warm up or not ?

thank you all sifu tai-kor.

Bro,
i have few question for you
1) Ur rotor still stock?
2) U using for street?
3) U bought already?

Anything above 800c is for track use. I m sure it will be very noisy and less bite during normal run.
i can recommend delphilockheed,mintex and kalvar for street use.:biggrin: cheap cheap

yeah lanevo is right. I believe everything is still stock for your brake system and it is not adviceable to put on that high temp. pad on stock rotor. Gripping will not be that great and pad easily worn out as well as warpage at your rotor dics.

i heard those "keng" pad will makan yur rotor.

competition rotor material is different from oem rotor.

but anyway what is this pumatec? never heard before :hmmmm:

SS and Cannon,
thanks for adding on. You're right the rotor will wrap or become thinner faster due to the material used. So its wise to change break pad rather than changing rotor.:stickyman:

Bro,
i have few question for you
1) Ur rotor still stock?
2) U using for street?
3) U bought already?

Anything above 800c is for track use. I m sure it will be very noisy and less bite during normal run.
i can recommend delphilockheed,mintex and kalvar for street use.:biggrin: cheap cheap

1) yes, stock rotor, no plan to change it.
2) yes, for street use.
3) yes, bought already.
4) still packed, not yet installed.

the price for both front & rear is about RM750-00.

any more recommendation ? pls pls ...

Last edited:
get a endless 300d - 400d pad will do for current setup. There's still endless brake pads package selling everywhere.

and how about my case.. Im using 6-pot grippen for front and 4-pot grippen for rear.. with 800 degree grippen pad as well.. currently im having difficulty of the sounds of it.. its so super loud.. and when i accelerate around 120km/h, and the i press the brake a lil bit, the steering shaking.. as in really rough.. why?? izzit because of my rotor finish edi..?? by the way, i just changed new set of grippen brake pad. front only.. its RM800.. super expensive.. haihz.. seriously im not satisfied..

i also heard alot of customer complain about the grippen pad. the rotor is ok.

i want to ask u, is grippen caliper must use back the grippen pad?

cannondale how much u purchase your grippen brake systems? where to get it?is it need to use back grippen brake pad or u can use other brand as well?

cannondale how much u purchase your grippen brake systems? where to get it?is it need to use back grippen brake pad or u can use other brand as well?

bro i am not using it, my friend use only. Grippen is available at Links.

anyone has tried the pumatec brake pad ?

for pumatec 850deg front & 700deg rear, are they working well during cold temperature ? let say in the morning. need to warm up or not ?

thank you all sifu tai-kor.

Hi H22.. I'm currently using Pumatech front pad.. One of my mechanic recommended and its cheap.. For 500 degrees is around RM290.. I'm using 500 degrees coz my rotor is stock.. And I can say this brake pad does its job. It will be noisy for 1 week after that it'll be quite.. Gripping is good either in dry or wet weather. BTW,. Its full ceramic material.. lolz.. I comment tis base on my current experience. :itsme:

johnnygsr, thanks !

bit3nok, the steering shaking when you press the brake, probably the rotor is warp, need to do skimming...

bit3nok, since you are using 800 degree pad, did you have this problem like... when the brake pad is cold in the morning, the car is not slowing down even you press your brake pedal hardly.

many ppl say high temp brake pad does not work during cold, dunno how true it is...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom