(wta)..LE driveshaft...otai plz help

shrek0780

dear sifu n otai toyota.....

wta about my LE drive shaft..when i asked the spare part shop regarding this item they ask me back is it the one with 23 or 24 gear...then i went to halfcut shop looking for this item,they asked me too is it the long or the short one...so i decided to log into zth forum to find some solution & hope any sifu n otai can help...actually i noticed that my driveshaft got problem(the *mechanic told me its the driver side) when he* changed my front abs..thank you..

thanks bro clutch_disk & shazmi3 for the info....btw how much is the price..tq again

for new i just bought last week complete set 170..for right hand side im not sure but not more than 200..second hand i think around 60-80 each..

thanks bro shazmi3...i think the info quite enough atm but confused about the one set rm170 & for right side not more than rm200..sounds like cheaper when u buy a set rather than buying just one side..tq

Last edited:
bro..

my advice...if u wanna get a decent cv joint.. just go for NKN cv joint.. made in japan... each cost roughly RM150.

dont go for cap ayam.. after several weeks u will hear tak tak tak sound when u take corner..

thats base on my experience la

thanks bro clutch_disk but im sorry bro i know nothing bout vehicle part..could u please brief me bout the cv joint...instead of buying sets of drive shaft from chopshop,is there any other option..some body told me that mostly people just buy the spine coz the batang normally wont worn out...so for the driver side of drive shaft which part should i buy...tq

thanks bro shazmi3...i think the info quite enough atm but confused about the one set rm170 & for right side not more than rm200..sounds like cheaper when u buy a set rather than buying just one side..tq

i mean 1 side 170 each...confirm..1 thing about LE drive shaft is that if the cv joint problem u still can change but if the inside 1, u cannot change... so in my opinion...if u buy second hand drive shaft n just change the cv joint but after that the inside 1 konked still have to buy new...conclusion buy new better...

bro..

my advice...if u wanna get a decent cv joint.. just go for NKN cv joint.. made in japan... each cost roughly RM150.

dont go for cap ayam.. after several weeks u will hear tak tak tak sound when u take corner..

thats base on my experience la

cv joint only cost 150??

thanks both of otai there...i've gained some information regarding the driveshaft n the cv joint..so i decided to go to the workshop n ask the mech to dismantle the part( drive shaft assy)..if possible i will go n get a new cv joint rather than buy used driveshaft that cost me rm140 at malacca(other places no idea). So is that a good idea for me? or just get the used drive shaft for easy installation..any suggestion from sifu there? tq

shrek...

better confirm first either your driveshaft got problem or not.its very hard drive shaft including the inner tripod will have problems.if so go on then.normally ee80 using 23 teeth driveshaft/cv joint.and if you can take out and put it yourself that would fun and satisfactions.

i got it for rm160 brand new from half cut(how hc can sell brand new?)
last year i just change it, both of them.

thanks bro clutch disk...i did changed a set of drive shaft yesterday..now my problem solved but my money gone hehehehe.....any problem will be discussed at the new thread..thanks otai

Top Bottom