WTA: kereta potong?

Car already in my name.. bought it in 2007, recently had a very bad encounter with police about the welding mark, that why ask this question...
I also contacted the previous owner, he said he still got a copy the puspakom inspection letter (the one he did when sell to me)... will take it from him end of the month...

After that will take to puspakom again for re-inspect to be in a safe side...

Car already in my name.. bought it in 2007, recently had a very bad encounter with police about the welding mark, that why ask this question...
I also contacted the previous owner, he said he still got a copy the puspakom inspection letter (the one he did when sell to me)... will take it from him end of the month...

After that will take to puspakom again for re-inspect to be in a safe side...

I must say that the glue marks on those areas are really nasty even for a local EJ. very fishy.

Ah Kai said he don't think it's kereta potong. He said he'll find out about my car for me. Still no news from him.

bRO...

Ah Kai is correct .. it;s not kereta potong. (half cut joint back).
Do you know you can bring in complete uncut chasis from e.g JAPAN?

You car's problem... I suspect...is...
Major accident. Chasis total loss condition, so instead of spending alot of money to re-do it, the easy way out for workshop is ,, bring in a complete chasis and just transfer the panel with your original chasis number to it...(as seen by the complete welding from left to right)
So what you get is a "NEW" chasis but with still the old local chasis panel and number.

AS advise by others... try scratch the paint at panel with chasis number to see the original color then compare with the other parts of chasis... if different colors then....:banghead:

Bro your registration card, how many owners before this?
If got cable, can check the insurance history...(hopefully can find out when accident and etc)
JPJ will have all insurance company histroy...

Do you know why previuos owner sold it?
Was it a good deal? (lower that market price)

2007 puspakom ok, 2009 not complusory puspakom must okay it...
Dulu tak pandai, tp sekarang B20, b18, b16 most of them can detect.... $$$$ settle.

U decide lor...if kena tahan rugi.
If sell then at least you get some money but other ppl will get into trouble....
Very sorry for your delima... TQ :rolleyes:

Hi, the base colour is same, both white.. i believe that previously the car meet with major accident that damaged the front of the car, as i can see similar welding marks & glue at other parts of the engine bay like below the air filter. But i don't think it's different car chassis because of the similar marking at other areas.

actually the police claims my car is a stolen SiR from s'pore with m'sia chassis number is welded to the chassis. But i'm in s'pore & have seen 1999 s'pore SiR... It's not the same... s'pore SiR have smaller rear disc brake, normal rear light (mine's crystal) & the meter is only up to 180km/h. Even Ah Kai told me my forward fenders are not original for the car

I'm the third owner and bought it above the market rate as it came with b18c from the owner. Will be meeting him end of this month to question him.

Don't have the heart to sell because had done so much mod on the engine and car. So, trying to figure out a way to settle this issue

Hi, the base colour is same, both white.. i believe that previously the car meet with major accident that damaged the front of the car, as i can see similar welding marks & glue at other parts of the engine bay like below the air filter. But i don't think it's different car chassis because of the similar marking at other areas.

actually the police claims my car is a stolen SiR from s'pore with m'sia chassis number is welded to the chassis. But i'm in s'pore & have seen 1999 s'pore SiR... It's not the same... s'pore SiR have smaller rear disc brake, normal rear light (mine's crystal) & the meter is only up to 180km/h. Even Ah Kai told me my forward fenders are not original for the car

I'm the third owner and bought it above the market rate as it came with b18c from the owner. Will be meeting him end of this month to question him.

Don't have the heart to sell because had done so much mod on the engine and car. So, trying to figure out a way to settle this issue

Judging the brake lights or discbrake are not the way to identify it's local or imported chasis. These are not permanent parts. You should check the welding joints on chasis because local EJ and JDM EK has different welding joints and glue marks.

There are a number of Singapore SiR surfing at JB, most of them were previous EJ smashed in accident but use the SiR body to re-serface. Have you heard of borrowing body to reclaim the dead soul?

Like E-Tech said, your car might had been into major front end collusion, it might be a complete illegal body chasis or partial body chasis from other source... You need to check all welding joints and the history of your car.

prakaash... you said...and I quote...

"....actually the police claims my car is a stolen SiR from s'pore with m'sia chassis number is welded to the chassis..."
This is as what I suspected and mention the way they did it....

And you mean you already know? BTW what is the police's action towards your car?
Maybe they will follow up with you or the previous owner to find out car did repairs in which hanky panky workshop...
Anyway... you better think properly what you want to do... I already advised. Tq

Hi all, juz received the copy of letter from JPJ... my car is was involved in a major accident and letter is approval letter from JPA to repair and replace following items "wheelhouse LH, roof, cowl panel, engine partition panel and pillar LH & RH"

The letter even gave the workshop authorised by JPA and the insurance company to do the repair...

BTW E-tech, police didn't take any action...

Hikaru, i'm not using the brake lights or discbrake to identify it's local or imported chasis, what i was telling is why the guy so stupid, already get 1999 SiR, still go change the brake lights, disc brakes, dashboard, front fenders & etc... but that's only my 2 cents

Anyway, the previous owner wants to buy back the car...

Last edited:
Humn??? involved in major accident previous owner still wants to buy back your car???
Then, you better hurry and sell him back lor...

Hi all, juz received the copy of letter from JPJ... my car is was involved in a major accident and letter is approval letter from JPA to repair and replace following items "wheelhouse LH, roof, cowl panel, engine partition panel and pillar LH & RH"

The letter even gave the workshop authorised by JPA and the insurance company to do the repair...

BTW E-tech, police didn't take any action...

Hikaru, i'm not using the brake lights or discbrake to identify it's local or imported chasis, what i was telling is why the guy so stupid, already get 1999 SiR, still go change the brake lights, disc brakes, dashboard, front fenders & etc... but that's only my 2 cents

Anyway, the previous owner wants to buy back the car...

Bro,
Normally this condition considered "total loss".
"Total loss" have 2 senario... 1 can be repaired, 1 cannot.
Maybe after you do many investigation and asking many questions plus korek here and there, the previous owner become worried also. Then he decide to buy back before get into bigger trouble
for all the investigation you are doing... So take the chance to sell it back without big loss on your side....
Tq

Hi all,

After all the investigation I did, turns out my car is a legal m'sian car. Thanks for all the advice given.

:smokin:now can relax :smokin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom