Why my MIVEC so SLOW??

mikenaem

I'm so frustrated with my mivec... i got teased by my friend cuz of my mivec doesnt give out a desired performance to me...

can someone out there help me out to overcome this problem..

my car specs..
-4g92 mivec
-extractor mivec standard..
-piping standard
-exhaust standard.
-rim16 with 50/205 tyre.

my zero to hundred is about 8 seconds..
I plan to change my block to 1.8 with a full set including piston and everything, but somehow i wanted to at least powerup my 1.6 first, since i just bought a mivec engine so i dont want to be so hesitate on changing it. if possible try not to include and turbo first.. thanks:biggrin:

205/50/16 on a 1.6?

Well downgrading it to 15" or 205/45/16 would lighten it slightly haha. 50 + 16" is kinda huge weih, hows the handling like? :burnout:

i think replace ur extractor with an aftermarket once, 2.3 inch piping all the way back would give u better performance.

on top of that, dont forget to get urself a good set of open pod air filter.

this should easily satisfy ur short term need for power. hehee

You might want to get yourself adj campulleys, adj fuel reg, walbro fuel pump, aftermarket headers and reduce your rim size to 15". This would facilitate the urge you have for power and bear in mind all the listed above can be used again once you decide to stroke up to a 93 block. Happy modding.

thx guys.. lots of my fren told me to change it to 15'
but if i use 45/205 r16.. would it be the same as rim 15 50/205?
and the handling are so tight, what i know about my tyre is they're good at cornering~

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

You might want to get yourself adj campulleys, adj fuel reg, walbro fuel pump, aftermarket headers and reduce your rim size to 15". This would facilitate the urge you have for power and bear in mind all the listed above can be used again once you decide to stroke up to a 93 block. Happy modding.

about the rim15.. would it be ok if i stay to 15" even-though i change to 93 block?

ur mivec how slow? Slow mean?
Stock Mivec 1.6cc aftermarket will be improve de dun worried...
i will list down this few things maybe will improve ur perfomance... if u wish to try my spec

1. Racing Clutch
2. Piston 1.8cc
3. 炮嘴
4. port and polish top
5. ECU
6. just install 15"inch rims 195/55/15 tyre
7. (if can) Do 4 Trottle body more power!!

all this spec enough to smoke many car already( But depens on ur skill)
i owned 2 mivec on wira and satria

all this spec enough to smoke many car already( But depens on ur skill)
i owned 2 mivec on wira and satria

yup i have 2 myvi coz YRV fuel and service cost too high.. coz i am doing outdoor sales then i ask my family to chose a car for me lo~ then they said myvi inside nice and big... then chose myvi lo~

let me ask you, you own 2 MyVi or 2 Mivec (Satria+Wira)?

my bro just got a 1.8 mivec...
personally i tried both 1.6 n 1.8.....end up decided to get da 1.8...
to be frank 1.6 stock is abit dissapointed compares to 1.8...
so my 2 cent wud be save up some buck n do da hybrid....
but at da moment u can do da piping n air filter 1st got bit difference tho'....
then still got budget can install emanage...u gonna need this also when u hybrid later on...
i think tis can serve ur hunger..kekekek

wat is that thing no.3 on your list.. and about racing clutch.. what brand is the best? and do explain more about the throttle body... cz last time my fren want to swap with my throttle body which is standard mivec throttle body.. he owned a gsr throttle body.. i refused to cz i dunno it can do any good to my car or not..~

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

but at da moment u can do da piping n air filter 1st got bit difference tho'....
then still got budget can install emanage...u gonna need this also when u hybrid later on...

i personally wanted to change to 1.8.. but rite im on my budget...
i wanted to tune my 1.6 first untill there's nothing left that can be tuned so that i can prove to all of my racing member that even though i'm a 1.6cc but still i can manage to smoke all those 1.8(exept v-tec).... haha~

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

i personally wanted to change to 1.8.. but rite im on my budget...
i wanted to tune my 1.6 first untill there's nothing left that can be tuned so that i can prove to all of my racing member that even though i'm a 1.6cc but still i can manage to smoke all those 1.8(exept v-tec).... haha~

sebastien dun worried about ur mivec it wont go slow stock car wont be better then aftermarket bro...
the racing clucth u can try Exedy!!* Original bro use original 1*
No.3 炮嘴 i dun know how to explane in english la~ can ask Yeehau86 geh maybe he know~
throttle body use custom made geh custom made will be better~

well, my setting very budget, used to install racing clutch but doesn't last long for a daily ride (1yr+) only, so i use evo clutch + gsr flywheel, ppl said will got powerloss but so far so good, and it's durable...

I doubt your 1.8 friend can easily smoke you lah, even last time before i mod 1.6 as long as mivec open then quite ok mah... open pod/filter, extractor and piping is a must, no need to opt for after market tb, fancy but doesnt show much improvement since you din heavy mod ur engine...

As long as it's healthy then ok gua, make sure engine oil, spark plug all ok...
no need injector or fuel pump if remain 1.6, but a emanage can be considered matching with those mentioned above...

see lo many way to mod car depens on how much their bugget only~
*Remember dun drive fast care abt ur love one...*
really sad!~ hmm
Rest in peace my love

sorry for out of title...
jz wana ask if convert to mivec take manual or tiptronic transmision better??

Last edited:
change to gsr block,use 87mm piston,ca18 conrod,s.plug iridium,injector.oso do extractor.my 2 cent:biggrin:

mikanaem, r u sure tht ur mivec bukak or nt (meaning ur secondary cam profile was not activated)?? cuz sum of my frens had the same prob, mivec tak bukak n wen they got it fixed, it was smooth sailing there on out. have tht checked first b4 u start doin any heavy mods...:nurse:

change to gsr block,use 87mm piston,ca18 conrod,s.plug iridium,injector.oso do extractor.my 2 cent:biggrin:

gsr block wit 87mm piston??? the ori bore is 81mm. if rebore till 87mm the block sure koyak dy. max also 83mm - tx3 piston.... unless someone has done this:confused::confused::confused::confused: 82mm oversize is gud enuf dy.

mikanaem, if u wanna change block, then i wud suggest gettin the 4g93 GDI block wit its stock stroker kit cuz i heard tht u cn get a cr of 11.0++(hope the sifu's out there cn rectify if this is true or false) tht is if u wanna play NA...other thn tht change to bigger injectors, open pod air filter, aftermarket headers, iridium plugs, lightened crank pulley, adjustable cam pulley, walbro fuel pump, fuel regulator, bigger capacity fuel rail n put a mivec sticker on ur windshield:biggrin::biggrin:.. n if u really have the budget, go 4 jun cams, port n polish, acl bearings, bigger tb, standalone ecu n sum semi slick tyres. just my 2 cents

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

mikanaem, r u sure tht ur mivec bukak or nt (meaning ur secondary cam profile was not activated)?? cuz sum of my frens had the same prob, mivec tak bukak n wen they got it fixed, it was smooth sailing there on out. have tht checked first b4 u start doin any heavy mods...:nurse:

gsr block wit 87mm piston??? the ori bore is 81mm. if rebore till 87mm the block sure koyak dy. max also 83mm - tx3 piston.... unless someone has done this:confused::confused::confused::confused: 82mm oversize is gud enuf dy.

mikanaem, if u wanna change block, then i wud suggest gettin the 4g93 GDI block wit its stock stroker kit cuz i heard tht u cn get a cr of 11.0++(hope the sifu's out there cn rectify if this is true or false) tht is if u wanna play NA...other thn tht change to bigger injectors, open pod air filter, aftermarket headers, iridium plugs, lightened crank pulley, adjustable cam pulley, walbro fuel pump, fuel regulator, bigger capacity fuel rail n put a mivec sticker on ur windshield:biggrin::biggrin:.. n if u really have the budget, go 4 jun cams, port n polish, acl bearings, bigger tb, standalone ecu n sum semi slick tyres. just my 2 cents

bro... try 1.8 block to ur 1.6 mivec.. big big different..... remember to get a gud racing clutch to hold the power...... piston i recommend to use back ori mivec high compression piston is enough... when u do this mod, better use higher cc injector(gsr 390cc is enough) and thicker metal gasket (ppl tell me to use 1.2mm or 1.5mm better) then u can feel big different from 1.6...... dun forget to get a adjustable fuel regulator, bigger fuel pump and redo ur piping :burnout: happy modding mivec

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom